BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Negotiating TV contracts at all star break.

Negotiating TV contracts at all star break. (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/1/2009 5:14:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the pending changes with negotiating TV contracts just wondered if anyone knew how this would work I know bigger teams will get bigger contracts with star players as stated.Will contracts be offered to us or will we have to bid.Although in div II I have 4 internationals will that have an impact on TV contract offered.Will we finally see a benefit by having NT and U21 players.Just interested to know if anyone knows any more info on TV contracts.

This Post:
99633.2 in reply to 99633.1
Date: 7/2/2009 8:13:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the pending changes with negotiating TV contracts just wondered if anyone knew how this would work

Not really but I have made some deductions by reading the news items.

I know bigger teams will get bigger contracts with star players as stated.Will contracts be offered to us or will we have to bid.Although in div II I have 4 internationals will that have an impact on TV contract offered.

There will be no bidding, as far as I know. The contracts and merch revenue affects will be automatic.

There are actually two things happening here:

-The TV contract is going to be done on a league basis. So all 16 teams in your league will be getting the same TV money. It will be an "average" of the quality of players in your league and also take your division level into account (so teams in lower divisions will get less TV money). However, it seems that everyone will in general be getting more TV money than they are now.
-Your merchandise revenue will use a similar formula but on a team by team basis. So if you have star players on your team, in particular star players from your home country, your merch revenue will be higher. Star players seems to mean players with a high salary.

Will we finally see a benefit by having NT and U21 players..

It seems that your merch revenue will be higher if you have a player on the NT. Not sure how much higher and it also says he'll have to be "talented and famous enough", which implies that there won't be much benefit for U21 players.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
99633.3 in reply to 99633.2
Date: 7/2/2009 9:07:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so your telling me its not a means of you choosing?

like yopu can reject this offer and contemplate on the next?

This Post:
99633.4 in reply to 99633.3
Date: 7/2/2009 9:26:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so your telling me its not a means of you choosing?

For the TV contract, I don't see how they could implement a system where you choose offers. Everyone in your league will have exactly the same tv income, that's how I understand it at least.

For the merch revenue, maybe they will give options but again I doubt it. Actually, I seriously hope against it. I have played games where they give you options like this and it all comes down to random... If you get lucky, you get great offers. If you're unlucky, you get bad offers.

You still have choices... For example, you can choose not to sign/train star players and keep your salaries down but then have lower merch. revenue. ;-)

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
99633.5 in reply to 99633.1
Date: 9/12/2023 1:44:16 AM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I wish we have this function at the start of each season.

It's up to BB managers to choose different sponsors or TV contract.

This Post:
99633.6 in reply to 99633.5
Date: 9/12/2023 10:34:58 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I will support every one of your replies