Passing and Turnovers

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/01/2009 10:41:08
New York Jests
IV.31
Overall Posts Rated:
I was hoping to get a discussion started to try to figure how the passing/turnovers works in this game. I believe we are back to the old engine so it might change soon but it seems like players passing and turnovers have a high degree of variance even at the same skill level.

My PG has Prominent passing, Proficient handle. He is averaging 4.0 assists and 1.3 turnovers a game. He has the second highest turnovers per game on my team even though he has the best skills. Is it because he handles the ball the most? Or should I assume the other guards are that much better at defense?

Does passing/turnovers depend on position? i.e. does a guard with the same pass/handle skills turn the ball over more/less than a big man?

Does inside defense and outside defense work in the same way to create turnovers/stop passes?

Does a players passing numbers decline if he is a "better" player than his teammates. i.e. does he "calculate" that he has a better scoring chance than if he would pass?

This Post:
99666.2 in reply to 99666.1
Date: 07/01/2009 12:46:15
Balls of Steel
IV.10
Overall Posts Rated:
all are good questions, and worth some input

Does a players passing numbers decline if he is a "better" player than his teammates. i.e. does he "calculate" that he has a better scoring chance than if he would pass?

I would think if you played Patient, then certainly looking for better chance would/should have affect.
There are so many variables, including the defense one is playing against

This Post:
99666.3 in reply to 99666.1
Date: 07/01/2009 13:15:57
Overall Posts Rated:
I ask me the same in the past, i got 2 pretty similiar guards in my team one of them always got great numbers in AS/TO even in his rookie season against stronger opponent and sstill performing with few TO(11+ Assists/To) the other one makes just an above average figure in it(~5,5 As/TO) .

Maybe there is also an secret attribut, which shows how risky a player is^^

/BBWeb/halloffame.aspx?TeamID=26206 Qualitnger and schwartz are the guards i am talking about.

Does passing/turnovers depend on position? i.e. does a guard with the same pass/handle skills turn the ball over more/less than a big man?

i would say more, because their opponent are better in stealing. Centers start messing up when you make a full cout press against then, one very fine example is this guy here:

Benedikt Sticker(3165543) - in season 7 most of his opponent play fcp against him ;) And i believe he has low atrocious passing and handling.