Bugs, bugs, bugs > League update delays

League update delays

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
116336.10 in reply to 116336.9
Date: 10/25/2009 12:37:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
excuses. excuses. meanwhile the people who pay for this game are becoming increasingly impatient. i like the game, it is fun game, I feel it is worthy of my money every few months to enjoy it, but for some time now training updates have been delayed and now standings updates are delayed. i dont want BS, if there are problems then let us know. i can understand that more then "we are working on it" or" it should be resolved by...."

go mama kitty 7- 19-10
This Post:
116336.11 in reply to 116336.9
Date: 10/25/2009 12:58:22 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
it looks like the standings updates will be done in an hour or so,
daily updates should catch up soon after that
though there might be a few delays as we grind through the all star updates, which i have pushed back to try to get through the standings and daily updates.

This Post:
116336.12 in reply to 116336.11
Date: 10/25/2009 5:19:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
thank you very much for the explanation and the update... that is all we wanted and it is very much appreciated. an answer as it is supposed to be, and not like we received last week from a gm, the delays is as it is, and you have to accept it.

I hope that from next week on the massive delays with the training updates and league updates will be fixed.

thanks alot for looking into this and keep up the good job with BB. even although it has some flaws, it is so much better than hattrick...

This Post:
116336.13 in reply to 116336.11
Date: 10/25/2009 1:35:56 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
everything is caught up now

This Post:
116336.14 in reply to 116336.10
Date: 10/26/2009 11:35:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
excuses. excuses. meanwhile the people who pay for this game are becoming increasingly impatient. i like the game, it is fun game, I feel it is worthy of my money every few months to enjoy it, but for some time now training updates have been delayed and now standings updates are delayed. i dont want BS, if there are problems then let us know. i can understand that more then "we are working on it" or" it should be resolved by...."

I'd be much more angry if I was told that something would be resolved by X time and it wasn't.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
116336.15 in reply to 116336.13
Date: 10/30/2009 6:30:10 AM
In your face
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I (personally) really appreciate all efforts taken to solve delay issues, but I specially appreciate BB-Forrest explaining whats' going on and how they plan to fix it or fight against it. With a good communication policy it's easier to avoid people getting nervous/angry and more.
But again we have delays worlwide for training. I assume that is the same issue than previous weeks. PLease tell the community if you're kind of addressing the situation or just give an estimate of training updates...let's say from 2 to 4 a.m. (obviously it is not the best situation but at least you are clear about that)

This Post:
116336.16 in reply to 116336.15
Date: 10/30/2009 6:45:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But again we have delays worlwide for training.

You need to be more specific than this.

give an estimate of training updates

This is already given -- they can occur at any time after the hour specified in the Game Manual.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
116336.17 in reply to 116336.16
Date: 10/30/2009 9:09:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry you are giving us the same kind off response that was given to us last time and that was totally unacceptable...

i have been playing this game from season three and every single week, the training, league and other game updates were exactly on time. It is only since the end off last season that there is a delay for the training updates and also the league standing updates. And these delays were getting bigger by the week.

When you offer a service, in this case game updates for a very long period, like 1 and a half years on time and suddenly you no longer offer this service, than you cant just tell your customers to not to complain and accept it as part off life. Especially not when these people are paying customers.

BBforest finally gave us a proper explanation last week and said he would look into this and try and fix it. All the posts are very clear in this forum post, as to what the problem is that was reported. For me the problem seems to be fixed. I logged in 20 minuters after 1100, and at 1100 our training update happens, and my training was done. For me this is acceptable, the 2 and a half hours delays we had last week and the weeks before was not acceptable.

What the other guys says is totally correct. Communicate with the community and people will be a lot more understanding than when they are giving answers along the line off "is is already given -- they can occur at any time after the hour specified in the Game Manual.". 20 minutes for me is acceptable, for some it might not be. I dont know if anyone else had a delay and whether this was acceptable for them or not. But I do know that for like 5 seasons in a row the game updates were perfectly on time, and in case there are still delays and they will stay delayed for whatever reason, the community should be informed and not given the feeling they should stop complaining.

Last edited by Astragoth at 10/30/2009 9:13:10 AM

This Post:
116336.18 in reply to 116336.17
Date: 10/30/2009 9:45:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A commitment is given as precisely as it could be (and much like the last time we spoke you refuse to acknowledge that as a possibility) -- from the time in the manual up until whenever the updates occur.

There is not, and cannot be any other commitment to when exactly an update will occur, due to the fact that there are multiple tasks that are being processed on the server side, which can lead to various delays.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 10/30/2009 9:45:35 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
116336.19 in reply to 116336.18
Date: 10/30/2009 10:02:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
than that is a fair reply. if the updates will never be on time anymore, as you claim in this post for whatever reason, than I can accept it, like any other person should be able to accept it. but dont say the updates are not on time because the rules state they happen around a certain time and not exactly on that time.

it might be a good idea though to make this known to the public, that the league standings and training updates and probably other updates will no longer be updated at the time that we have been come accustomed to, so that people no longer will bring up this issue...

This Post:
116336.20 in reply to 116336.19
Date: 10/30/2009 10:14:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Look. I am sure that the BB team would love to say, "Updates will always be complete within X minutes from the listed time, where X is a meaningfully small number of minutes. The fact that they haven't is probably not an oversight.

What happens on the server side is that the game will start attempting to process the update at the listed time-- and if for some reason there is a backlog, this means that it might take some time for the update to complete. BB is a large game that's live all the time, and there might be a variety of tasks that need to be processed at different times.

Obviously, regular delays of several hours might also be an indication that something is wrong, though not necessarily. I guess I was just getting weary of threads saying "It's been 30 minutes and there's no update, so it must be a bug".

Advertisement