Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
120417.10 in reply to 120417.8
Date: 12/1/2009 10:11:13 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't mind the current system, I just wish I could get my list and then choose who to scout twice...I scouted a one star PG twice..That would never happen..He sucks..I mean he got an "F" rating. Why would my team have asked him back for another work out? Waste of money... Peace

This Post:
120417.11 in reply to 120417.10
Date: 12/3/2009 6:59:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
here an idea for more interactive and fun way to look at the draft you start out with 14 scouts options right? so if you go the all way and spend 40k*14 weeks you need to have 56 more and total of 70 scouts right? so he is a way to try and do it you start with a blank list of 48 guys and chose randomly a number 1-48 and then he get the first scout you left with 69 scouts you look at him a 5 stars SF you want to scout him again you do so and you get 1 potential you say hey that was my problem i chosen to scout him the second time and you left with 68 scouts then you take another scout at random (your choise a number from 1-48 minus the guy you scouted alredy) so you get a 1 star player you dont want to cout him again and you move to the next guy and left with 67 scouts to go that way ppl will invest in the draft and will have more interactive way to do so

Get your facts firs then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain
This Post:
120417.13 in reply to 120417.12
Date: 12/3/2009 7:21:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
first of all thank you for your answer

the suggestiong that i say was shooting from the hip more or less

most ppl are complaining abut 2 things one the lack of interactive in the scouting system and second is the "lame" players scouted twice the suggestion that i wrote i think deal with bouth problems.

i am not a fan of the corect scout system as i got "burnd" more then once in season 8 i think i scouted 40k a week for 13-14 weeks and ot 3 players and i couldent keep in my team and sold 2 of them for 56k in total and fire the third

I know that if you do take (and i am not saying you are going to) some new system i know it will change the prices or the number of scouts or bouth personly i think that way more teams will invest in the draft even if you will get less info from it\it will cost more as you have some controll over your faith

personaly after the "burn" i got i dont invest more then 5-10 a week and even then i dont do it with a full heart and season 8 draft in my league was a good one alot of high potential and good start players ended up in my league but i dident scouted any of them (i was piking 8 a good spot in the middle) so if a 40k investment and a dicent spot dont give you more then 56k or event a traineble player i dont see how you say that "the top players ended up compared to draft position and amount spent on scouting"

but i am going away from the the point on my post i think alot of ppl will rather pay slightly more for slightly less if you can have some controll on what you get and i think that what i say do the same work as to top players depend on how much you spent on scouting

Get your facts firs then you can distort them as you please. Mark Twain

This Post:
120417.14 in reply to 120417.13
Date: 12/4/2009 11:19:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yup

apparently the reason you can't scout all the players is to give the top players, i.e the players with draft pick 15 or 16 etc a slim chance of getting a decent player. If you could scout every player a lot of people would and of course would pick the best of them, this would only leave the lower level players for the other teams.

i got horrible scouted players too, that's just the way the cookie crumbles however.

think about it if you were in the top position and picked last, how would it feel to see that the players you chose at the top of your list got selected first round? and you were left with random dodgey players to pick from

This Post:
120417.15 in reply to 120417.12
Date: 12/5/2009 11:48:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the scouting system now does last 14 weeks, what I'm proposing (and I have no idea if this is possible within the GE, but I will assume it is) is that we want to keep the amount of players scouted roughly the same and we want a probability of missing a great player, or getting a great player late in the draft the same as it is now too. This system is more about interaction throughout the season.

When I said you scout SG for 4-5 weeks until you have 8-10 scouted, that doesn't mean that's every SG. There wouldn't even be a way to scout every SG, because as in life, there's a chance a player is in a small town you never heard of, or a player declares for the draft last minute. So even if you just scout SG for 14 weeks, (which would not be wise) you'd only end up with 11 out of the 13 SG in the draft. (or 11 out of who knows how many)

Since there's only 14 weeks, you have the option to scout all positions once around and maybe get single reports on at most 75% of players in the draft, or you focus on one or two positions and you'd scout some of them twice. Either way, this leaves plenty of players unscouted and keeps your probability of missing a great player close to where it is now.

I hope this is more clear, because it certainly isn't more concise. Thoughts?

This Post:
120417.16 in reply to 120417.10
Date: 12/6/2009 5:57:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't mind the current system, I just wish I could get my list and then choose who to scout twice...I scouted a one star PG twice..That would never happen..He sucks..I mean he got an "F" rating. Why would my team have asked him back for another work out? Waste of money... Peace

which gives you lot better view from the draft in investing fewer money, is that a motivation in a system very few people take the expensiv options.

This Post:
120417.17 in reply to 120417.16
Date: 12/6/2009 7:17:45 PM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
What I was trying to say is this. I had a 5 start C who I didn't ask back for a second workout but I asked back a one star PG.. I think I should get to choose who comes back for the second workout. It would make me spend more on scouting. peace

This Post:
120417.18 in reply to 120417.17
Date: 12/7/2009 4:20:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i understand it the first time what you mean ;)

This Post:
120417.19 in reply to 120417.18
Date: 12/7/2009 7:47:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like how the draft is, but I have an issue with the numbering system. Instead of names we are given numbers, but after the draft day the numbers disappear. I want to know if this first person I placed on the draft sheet... lets say number 45... was the first person I drafted. Without the numbers, I don't really know if I planned the draft well. I can make good assumptions about my first pick, but after the 2nd and 3rd one... well, I can really lose track of my draft order if I don't have the numbers. I think this can be easily be fixed.

For example, Bob Smith #45 was picked 11th in the first round... pretty simple.

This Post:
120417.20 in reply to 120417.19
Date: 12/7/2009 8:17:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
draft list edit page could be visible for a one week after drafts, so everyone could compare information given before drafts with players they got as the result...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
Advertisement