Who to train first...

Set priority
Show messages by
Message deleted
This Post:
151902.11 in reply to 151902.10
Date: 7/18/2010 12:35:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks clubcool, I will use your advice and Tutori's as a benchmark to train him.

This Post:
151902.12 in reply to 151902.10
Date: 7/18/2010 1:37:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why are you suggesting he switch between 1 and 2 position training? This is ridiculous. That means that he starts with 3 trainees but to fix your fascination with improving JS early in his career he has to train this whereby to be at maximum efficiency he needs to train 4 if not 5 other players.

You then recommend 1-1 for forwards and then seem to suggest including a couple more trainees.. so you would honestly spend a week of training to improve 3 guys using 1-1 instead of Passing or outside defence?

I don't care who the original poster follows - its not my player, but following you is highly inefficient and JS on the transfer market is cheaper to buy than PA or OD.

My route may not be optimal with regards to blending the players into the training in his actual matches but yours wastes valuable training slots and builds a run of the mill player that will not fetch the guy the profit or advancement he needs to witness to make it worthwhile.

This Post:
151902.13 in reply to 151902.12
Date: 7/18/2010 10:46:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with superfly. It is not efficient at all to switch between one and two position training at all. You either lose a lot of training age of other trainees who get no training during one position training, or you would train non-trainees while doing two position training.

I'd recommend to train him at all guard skills for one position training first, which would be OD, HA and PA. By training handling you train driving almost at the same amount due to its sub-training effect. After he reaches decent skills in these categories I would switch to two position training, training JS and DR and add some more trainees of course. Maybe after one or two or three seasons, depending how strong you want him to be at OD, HA and PA.

This Post:
151902.14 in reply to 151902.13
Date: 7/18/2010 12:05:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am going to back the former world champion (superfly), not only because switching between 1 and 2 position training is a waste of resources but also because OD is difficult enough to train that you want to push it as high as possible when a player is young so that you're not trying to improve it when he's 22 or 23 and training slows down.

Handling, driving and JS all train relatively quickly compared to OD so training those when he's older are no big deal.

To: j9s3
This Post:
151902.16 in reply to 151902.6
Date: 7/18/2010 4:18:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't think their was a height calculation in the game? Has that changed?

Right is not a popularity contest!

This Post:
151902.18 in reply to 151902.16
Date: 7/18/2010 5:08:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I didn't think their was a height calculation in the game? Has that changed?

I haven't been playing this game for long, but since I started height has always affected training speed.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/rules.aspx?nav=Trai...

From the guide:
Something to keep in mind: as in the real world, younger players will improve more quickly than older ones, and taller players will train faster in some areas while shorter players improve faster in others. You'll have to take advantage of this information to optimize your training routine.

So the shorter a player is, the faster he trains guard skills (JS, JR, OD, HD, PA, DR). The taller a player is, the faster he trains forward/center skills (IS, ID, RB, SB).
This doesn't mean a taller player's respectable rebounding ability is better than a shorter player's respectable rebounding ability. The players' heights are already taken into account when considering their skill level. So a 6'1 player with strong rebounding will rebound just as well as a 7'3 player with respectable rebounding. However, the 7'3 player will train faster in rebounding and other PF/C skills.

To: j9s3
This Post:
151902.19 in reply to 151902.18
Date: 7/18/2010 7:06:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My bad. Thanks for the input. I'll move my 6ft 5 C now, lol

Right is not a popularity contest!
This Post:
151902.20 in reply to 151902.15
Date: 7/18/2010 7:29:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That really seems like a wash, your later training in whatever is slowed down by just as much, plus you get your skills out of whack, which gives you a penalty to training.

Basically, there are two paths, going with balanced training (my strategy) will result in a slightly better player, but will waste some resources getting there. Doing all of the single position training first will allow you to focus resources more effectively, with a loss of a little bit of training efficiency, due to out of balance skills. There is of course also a compromise position, where you do mostly one position, but during the allstar week and other weeks with only two games (offseason) you do two position training.

I don't think you are taking into consideration the fact the original poster is in a higher league than you - he can train more unevenly as his income probably won't affect his ability to sustain his trainees wages (unlike those in IV or V series).

You also fail to justify how one week he can suddenly switch from 3 trainees to 6 (when you want to train a 2position only skill)... where do these other 3 trainees magically come from? There is no hardship to train Stamina or FT during the times he has only 2 games. If the players are getting 1 position training enough then a break here and there wont be so bad.

Your strategy might end up with a better player for you and the division you are in - for him in Division 2 he needs or will need the OD/PA to eventually promote and then hold his own in the top division in his country that has only 40 odd users.

A rounded Proficient guy will be nothing more than a decent bench player - he needs higher skills in key areas.

Advertisement