Suggestions > Garbage Time

Garbage Time

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
16163.10 in reply to 16163.9
Date: 1/30/2009 12:22:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm strongly perplexed by how the garbage time/blowout rule is working right now.

The thing that i find mostly unpleasant is about the final result of the match.
I just lost a PL game after being 24 points ahead at the end of 3rd. Then my bench got on the field and in 5 minutes the 24 points became 9, and only then my starters got back. Then the fatigue accumulated by my full-court press finished the job and i lost at OT :)
While i don't really care about today match, i don't think that stuff like this should easily happen in a PO or important RS match. Sure my opponent can have a miracle 4th quarter, but AUTOMATICALLY giving him the chanche to get 15 pts for free is plain ridicolous.

In my opinion garbage time should be atleast optional, or apply for both teams.
As it is now, when i put my best 5 men on the floor (and the bench is sadly not as strong) i know that ending the 3rd quarter winning by 21 is much more worse than ending it winning by 15. I shouldn't be scared of being winning of more than 20 points, damn! :P

I'm very curious of hearing the opinion of a BB about it, of what they had in mind when they decided it to work like this, and if they think it's ok as it is now.

This Post:
16163.11 in reply to 16163.9
Date: 1/30/2009 12:49:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think there should be non garbage time in the playoff finals. As simple as that.
It's an unnecessary risk of an hart attack :)

Secondly, I am in favor of garbage (unlike other users), but I think it should apply to both winning and losing teams.

I agrre with first proposal,because i don't think that in a single game of Po any team plays wihout attention
About the second...i think that the losing team should maintain his starters on the field,if they not recover in a short time at least a little bit of disadvantage,garbace time should be applied also to the losing team

This Post:
16163.13 in reply to 16163.12
Date: 1/31/2009 5:45:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it should just be optional, and that's it.
making it mandatory is a poor, poor choice.

I agree 100%. I have been worried in the past about messing up a better teams training and shape minutes by fielding a considerably weaker set of players than the better team's back-ups. On two occasions I have warned them that he may blow me out. I dont want anyone to regret accepting a friendly with me.

Someone before said it is unrealistic to have to play a slower offense because of worries over the blowout rule. I see this all the time in the NBA, but only in the 4th quarter or late in the game. Teams way ahead seem to try and use up all of the 24, even if it means a poorer shot. Of course we dont have 4th quarter options, but overall I dont believe it is that unrealistic.

Last edited by Heathcoat at 1/31/2009 5:49:16 PM