random weekly event.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
18941.10 in reply to 18941.1
Date: 03/12/2008 08:09:52
Overall Posts Rated:
something for Wednesday or Sunday...
nothing big just somethings happens to your team, could be good and bad event it should work like an lottery...

for example:
your coach got birthday, you made a party costs 5k$
some kids broke into your arena and did some graffiti cost for cleaning 3k$
a big fan of your team sent you an check for 10l$
player x did some extra training in his free time and got a skillup in freethrows
sponsors gave you and extrabonus of 5k$

and so on...

what you think?

How about:

'The 38 players on your roster object to being day-traded. So the 20 highest paid players on your roster walked out on you.'

That would bring a smile to my face, Mr. I-have-38-players-on-my-roster. :)

Message deleted
This Post:
18941.12 in reply to 18941.10
Date: 03/12/2008 09:22:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Keep it civil.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

To: CitB
This Post:
18941.13 in reply to 18941.1
Date: 03/16/2008 11:22:40
Overall Posts Rated:
something for Wednesday or Sunday...
nothing big just somethings happens to your team, could be good and bad event it should work like an lottery...

for example:
your coach got birthday, you made a party costs 5k$
some kids broke into your arena and did some graffiti cost for cleaning 3k$
a big fan of your team sent you an check for 10l$
player x did some extra training in his free time and got a skillup in freethrows
sponsors gave you and extrabonus of 5k$

and so on...

what you think?

Could be fun, I like it. Random freethrows pop-ups (or stamina, maybe) could be great if they just don't happen too oftenly.

Other possible events I can think of:

- One of your players gets married next week, so he announces he will not be available for that week games.
- One of the players that has got less than 48 minutes in one of your training positions that week decides to work harder in practices and gets enough minutes to receive full training.
- One of the players of your team, due to lack of playing time, demands to be traded, which results on a slight loss of team's enthusiasm.
- The GM hires a team of cheerleaders, which results on a slight increase of team's enthusiasm.
- One of your players decides to get a new haircut style ^_^ (the results should obviously be reflected on the players picture).

This Post:
18941.14 in reply to 18941.10
Date: 03/16/2008 15:39:28
Overall Posts Rated:
there is no need to react like this.
He made a sugestion, either you like it or not, and give some reasons why.

Having 38 players or being a day-trader has nothing to do with this.
Further I was training free trows at a time and had 28 players on my roster as well. So it might be in his tactic to keep many players, bounce them up in free trow and sell them again, which is obviously NOT day trading, but we get off topic here so...
Back on topic:

I like this idea, gives axtra flavour. Over a period of 1 season it should not cost, nor gain you 50k, but it does add some flavour. I'm not sure about the skill-ups, since they would be worth much more than just 5 or 10k!! it might be too much an advantage to teams getting this event, if it is for the right skill. I'd go for it if this is implemented to only affect the lowest skill of the lucky player, in most cases this will mean he goes from atrocious to pitiful, or from pitiful to awful, which shouldn't be to big a deal, but is nice to get anyway.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
18941.15 in reply to 18941.14
Date: 03/17/2008 09:41:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I have some ideas too...

Let's say this kind of event:
Player X screamed on Player Y during the training for 'not trying too hard' and they got in fight...

Result: If those two players play the next game, Offensive Flow is somewhat lower cause they don't pass to each other :) So, 2-3 Assists less for the team...

Or the opposite event:
Player X complimented Player Y's hair, so they are now officially the best friends :)

Result: Slightly better Offensive Flow and couple of Assists more...

Works exactly as the random works right now, but this way it would be more fun, I think...

Another idea: Why not be able to make one player as the team captain?
Result: In that game, chosen player gives 25% more then his real abilities are... It would be fair, cause every team could do it, except the bots, but I think the bots are already too weak for any serious team, so that's not real problem... I think this would improve the tactics of the game... Lets say, you're playing the game vs team with SG who's prominent in JS... You're SG is strong in OD... What do you do? You make him a captain for that game, and he does somewhat better in defending that player... For example, if the opponent's SG would normally have shoot 10-20, in that game he'd make 7-20 shots... And your SG would make couple of shots more...

What is the difference, you may ask, if the opponent picks your best player to defend him that way???

The difference is, lets say your best player tries only 5 shots, and his 25... Then you'd be in big advantage...

I hope it's all clear :)

This Post:
18941.16 in reply to 18941.15
Date: 03/17/2008 09:45:57
Overall Posts Rated:
that one about captains is too difficult I think (= but that other one I liked (=

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
18941.17 in reply to 18941.15
Date: 03/17/2008 09:46:08
Overall Posts Rated:
i think its to complicated if the events affect the game-engine.
but i like the 2 players fight, it could give a little injurie for a week, or the coach decides to not let those 2 players (or one) play in the next game.

also i think in the game i miss brutal fouls which give a penalty for a few games, but thats another suggestion.

To: CitB
This Post:
18941.18 in reply to 18941.17
Date: 03/17/2008 09:56:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, the captain thing is not an event... But think about it, it's not too hard to implement that... Just make one spot on the Set Orders page reserved for the captain... BBs make formula that the selected player's skills are 25% higher then normal... Then that has nothing to do with the Game Engine change... Game Engine considers that player as the one with higher skills and that's it...

But maybe 25% is not fair... It's not same 25% of pitiful and 25% of prominent... So, maybe the captain would have all his skills higher for 1 level... From respectable to strong and so... What do you think?

Last edited by Bevzil at 03/17/2008 09:57:24

This Post:
18941.19 in reply to 18941.18
Date: 03/17/2008 13:51:03
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't really like that one. No one plays better just because he is the team captain. However, maybe the captain could gain more experience from games than the other players, and even improve the team's morale more than usual when he's having a good game...

Last edited by Debaser at 03/17/2008 13:51:23

Advertisement