BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Ticket prices for Season 19?

Ticket prices for Season 19?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
206813.10 in reply to 206813.7
Date: 1/23/2012 12:23:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think this is drastically wrong, and I'll tell you why: Cash Flow. Having a positive cash flow is important in order to sustain growth and position yourself for further improvement. If you buy studs now, and it takes up all of your income in order to pay them their wages, you'll never be able to grow your arena in the future, thus limiting yourself to being a constant division 4 team. But when you invest in your arena now, you'll be able to build a positive cash flow for the future, thus allowing you to then buy the stud players you need to destroy division 4 and position yourself for division 3. You need to invest in your arena not because it's going to make you money right away, but to give you the cash flow necessary to move up into the next division.

I agree with you and am going to expand my arena to around 6500 Bleachers, 503 Lower Tier, 150 courtside and 6 luxary boxes between now and my first home game of S19. I'm already 3 days into an expansion of 550 seats that should finish during the playoffs.

It's just tough for me to not expect my team to compete right away at the next level, so I'll also spend some money on players once I get a look at my new league. With the players I have now, especially my trainees, I'm probably not all that far behind where I need to be to compete at D4.

This Post:
206813.11 in reply to 206813.10
Date: 1/23/2012 12:13:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I expanded my arena quite a bit in the beginning, so I couldn't set too high prices. But even after expansion the first 6 games, you can get 15 for bleachers. The fans are euphoric after promotion, then when the hiss stops, 11 would be more reasonable if you lose most of the games.
It'd make sense to set the seat prices proportionally to their costs i.e. if
15 bleach, then
53 lower (15*(700/200)) and so on..

Say you only fill 6000, *15=90000. That means there's no point setting prices lower than 90000/6500=13,85 and even then, you'll only get 14*6500-9000=1000 more. I do believe you could fill 6000 bleachers à 15 for the first 6 home games regardless of your results.

Good Luck!

This Post:
206813.12 in reply to 206813.1
Date: 1/23/2012 5:27:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't ask random people in a forum this question because every league in every country is so different.

The best place to find your answer is look at D4 teams throughout the US with similar size arenas (or the size you plan to build your arena for next season) and see what prices they're using.

Message deleted
This Post:
206813.14 in reply to 206813.4
Date: 1/23/2012 5:37:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just to be honest with you, I believe expanding the arena drastically right now in anticipation for the move up is over-rated. With what other Div. IV teams are getting for seats, it takes two full seasons of home games to just get back the money you spent on each seat. You pay $200 to build one bleacher seat, and then you sell it for about $10 or $11, meaning it takes you 20 home games before you start to see a profit for that seat. And with 11 home games per season, that's nearly two full seasons.

Now, I fully understand that long-term, it's a completely different story and the seats are invaluable long-term. But for the next season or two I don't know that expanding the arena in a major way will be a priority. I think I'm going to take the best of the best of my team and add a couple of stud players (stud for the league I am in) and try to win again in Season 19. I understand that won't be easy, and I understand that I'd be crazy to expect to repeat the 20-2 I've went this current season. But I fully expect to compete with the best in my league next season and make the playoffs with a chance at making a deep run in the playoffs.

Sorry but I think this is a terrible thought process. I don't think there's anything more important to spend money on in this game than your arena, especially if you're about to move up a level. It's your biggest investment and the most important way to bring in long term income. Ignore it and all you're doing is stagnating your team.

Suggesting to spend that extra money on 'studs' makes it doublely worse because you've just just greatly increased your team's weekly expenses (wages) instead of increasing income (arena revenue). And that effect doesn't just effect your team one week, it lowers your income every subsequent week as well.

This Post:
206813.15 in reply to 206813.12
Date: 1/24/2012 7:03:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The best place to find your answer is look at D4 teams throughout the US with similar size arenas (or the size you plan to build your arena for next season) and see what prices they're using.

Great advice. Scout other teams of your league and country. a lot.