BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > The affect of a coach should be varied per division

The affect of a coach should be varied per division (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
223301.10 in reply to 223301.3
Date: 8/9/2012 3:39:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe it was not defined well.

You could hire whoever you like, but the affect of not suitable staff (including coach) should be massive.

In addition, currently coaches are mainly for training. They should affect game related issues as well.
For example - the randomness affect at game-shape of players. Taking really bad desicions during games.
A player making an "italian strike" on court (as the coach does not know how to hadnle him), etc.

As a suggestion, this itself isn't bad. I think gameshape being affected by the trainer level is something that makes sense in game and provides a new choice. I think instead that there should be a separation of "trainer" and "coach" into two separate staff roles, with coaches having some specialties or coaching abilities that can influence how players perform. There was some small discussion on this in another thread somewhere that I don't really care to search for at the moment.

The part of it I wholly disagree with is having it target teams in the highest division disproportionally. I am trying to find a way to figure out how to label your perpetual cries to punish those in the top leagues as anything other than trying to give yourself an advantage to move up. Game mechanics should be essentially the same in league I or V, for the most part. Things like salary floors are an exception because the magnitude of money that can be earned by tanking in a top league dwarfs a lower league, but there's no reason to ruin what appears to be a quite reasonable suggestion by adding unnecessary imbalance to it.

Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
223301.17 in reply to 223301.16
Date: 8/9/2012 4:57:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The Lakers will not take a school staff member, current situation is that they mainly do that.
Hence, that is needed to be handled.

Upper divisions teams pay more than a school pays for their staff.

AKA - Staff salaries should be varied per division.

Message deleted
This Post:
223301.20 in reply to 223301.3
Date: 8/10/2012 2:36:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You could hire whoever you like, but the affect of not suitable staff (including coach) should be massive.

i would say it is already valuable to hire ebtter staff in top div, at least for doctor and trainer.

The doctor is a insurance against injuries, to low division team i sometimes give the hint to invest little there and when somebody injures get a replacement. In top division the value of the players is bigger(more fees), the player get nearl yunsaleable during injury, and paying double salary cost much much more then 5-10k each week. So this strategy for low level staff don't work.

We ain't sure how pr exactly work, but paying 20k more each week, to get 1% more income seem to more valuable when the sources of income are bigger.

On trainer you might not invest much, but we also don't have much money at the end of the week, and the bad effect on training is nearly the same. but the lakers also won't pay a staff manager who didn't produce for his salary, so they pay more then the school staff but also gain lot more also in term of economics, and i believe you don't want that ;) or did you think the cleaner of the lakers get paid 50* of the cleaner of the high school, the lakers are buissness and they calculate cost and use there.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 8/10/2012 2:39:37 AM

Advertisement