BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Why are there so few trainers?

Why are there so few trainers?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
272630.10 in reply to 272630.9
Date: 8/10/2015 5:13:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think alot of people make mistakes when bidding on staff members and fail to ammortize the cost of the bid into the weekly cost of the train.

Most people also don't need a Lvl 5/6/7 trainer. You can easily put on 130 TSP on a player by age 27 with an advanced trainer.

This Post:
272630.12 in reply to 272630.1
Date: 8/10/2015 9:13:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for the answers, I knew most people would agree to some degree... but it'd be nice to have an answer from a BB or GM too :D I'd like to see their take on this, maybe this can actually be changed

This Post:
272630.14 in reply to 272630.11
Date: 8/10/2015 9:38:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(horrible idea considering whom the idea comes from!!! only by luck would it be a good move!!!) but they cut the number of trainers in half and doubled their salaries....

As you observe, there are things they can do to increase the popularity of training. If they did as you suggest, well, now there is a horrible idea.

This Post:
272630.15 in reply to 272630.8
Date: 8/10/2015 9:42:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations! You found the suggestions forum. Now please feel free to start a thread on this topic, rather than inserting randomly into other barely-related threads.

What's with this completely unwarranted hostility??? It has been peaceful for several weeks without that. Stop stalking me.

We're talking about the need for trainers, and how the need would be even greater if they fixed training. It is your hostility that seems unrelated. Thank you.

This Post:
272630.16 in reply to 272630.15
Date: 8/11/2015 9:53:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Congratulations! You found the suggestions forum. Now please feel free to start a thread on this topic, rather than inserting randomly into other barely-related threads.

What's with this completely unwarranted hostility??? It has been peaceful for several weeks without that. Stop stalking me.

We're talking about the need for trainers, and how the need would be even greater if they fixed training. It is your hostility that seems unrelated. Thank you.

Quick bookkeeping: I personally am not willing to entertain your redefinition of "stalking" as "responding to one of the posts you've left in a public place in a manner that's not glorifying you" or of "hostility" as "posting something that does not agree with Mike Franks." Fortunately, I also admit I'm not the final authority on that, and you are more than welcome to request those changes with the fine folks at Webster.

The post I quoted was :
Or better yet, make training itself sensible and logical so every manager can train players.

Of course, I know that won't happen because those at the higher levels like the way it is now, competing against the few
managers who train rather than against all 20,000 managers.

That does not at all seem like a suggestion regarding the need for more trainers, but instead the latest act in "Mike Franks Thinks Training Is Illogical: A Novella in 8123 Parts (and counting)." It would of course be a lot more convenient for all of your dedicated reader if those chapters were consolidated into one, dedicated thread, where the discussion could be had to everyone's heart's content, rather than plastered willy-nilly among various threads at various times.

Anyway, though, more trainers would be nice. In regards to the actual content of your post, I know of no restriction against training on any manager, though. Of course, for people who refuse to train because they think the system is illogical, that's their right, but they then can't complain that they "can't" train players - just that they've chosen not to because they don't like the system.

And by the way, "fact" has a meaning too - and I'm curious. Please demonstrate, factually, what it is you know that makes it a "fact" that it won't happen "because those at the higher levels like it the way it is now." I must have missed Marin's post on that.

This Post:
272630.18 in reply to 272630.16
Date: 8/11/2015 9:04:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your definitions are of only minor interest, so I won't comment on them any further.

Anyway, though, more trainers would be nice.
On that we agree. And with that the comments barely stay on topic.

Since the rest of your post is merely an effort to argue semantics, since I have no interest in that and since it would go off topic, I'll just let it blow on by.

Message deleted
Advertisement