Suggestions > Get Rid of 48+ and Out-of-Position Training

Get Rid of 48+ and Out-of-Position Training

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
273885.10 in reply to 273885.9
Date: 10/13/2015 10:12:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Heh heh, the guys at the top of this game will hate this post. No way do they ever want to see intense competition from top to bottom among all managers.

Yeah, the guys at the top must love that they can't train and be competitive while the in lower levels can.

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 10/13/2015 10:12:25 AM

This Post:
273885.12 in reply to 273885.10
Date: 10/13/2015 10:29:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, the guys at the top must love that they can't train and be competitive while the in lower levels can. :?

Well, there's something we agree on. Like you say in your post, I don't understand why even the guys at the top of the game like it.

But that wasn't the point of my post. My point is that they only have actual competition from a very limited number of competitors who bother with the screwed up "training" as we have it, and would hate to see everyone be able to compete.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 10/13/2015 1:37:24 PM

This Post:
273885.14 in reply to 273885.12
Date: 10/13/2015 3:01:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, the guys at the top must love that they can't train and be competitive while the in lower levels can.

Well, there's something we agree on. Like you say in your post, I don't understand why even the guys at the top of the game like it.

But that wasn't the point of my post. My point is that they only have actual competition from a very limited number of competitors who bother with the screwed up "training" as we have it, and would hate to see everyone be able to compete.

So, you don't like training because you can't be competitive while you train, and you don't like training because you can't be competitive if you don't train?

(Incidentally, other people have been competitive at high levels and trained, though obviously not at optimal levels for both at the same time. Other people have ignored training and been very competitive. The great thing is that you're free to make your own choices, and to reach whatever level of the game your ability and your choices allow.)

This Post:
273885.15 in reply to 273885.14
Date: 10/13/2015 3:36:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, you don't like training because you can't be competitive while you train, and you don't like training because you can't be competitive if you don't train?

Your post is like saying you don't like cake because it is chocolate, and you don't like chocolate because it isn't cake. You made a lot of sense.

Look, I understand that some guys like"training" and therefore like BB. More power to you if that number includes you. I am glad to see that more and more the comments in the forums acknowledge what we all know, that BB has morphed into a strange training exercise rather than a basketball management sim, and I suspect that that morph and the dwindling numbers of users are related. Good luck to you all the same.

This Post:
273885.16 in reply to 273885.15
Date: 10/13/2015 3:49:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Your post is like saying you don't like cake because it is chocolate, and you don't like chocolate because it isn't cake. You made a lot of sense.

Look, I understand that some guys like"training" and therefore like BB. More power to you if that number includes you. I am glad to see that more and more the comments in the forums acknowledge what we all know, that BB has morphed into a strange training exercise rather than a basketball management sim, and I suspect that that morph and the dwindling numbers of users are related. Good luck to you all the same.

How has it morphed? Can you not continue to avoid training as much as your heart desires, and advance just as far as your abilities take you? Do you start league matches down 10-0 because you're not training in accordance with some guideline? No. The game hasn't changed, certainly not as fundamentally and dramatically as you continue to bellow.

What has changed is that all of the players trained up while there was 2-3x the number of users as there are now are starting to lose their utility due to age, and thus players of useful ability levels are scarcer and therefore more expensive. Many many times more so, since the the equilibrium has shifted from oversupply and corresponding disincentive to train (especially midlevel players) to now overheated demand. Training is of course the solution to the supply issue, but it has the problem of being slow.

But when it comes down to it, I think you'd find, if you think about it honestly, that pretty much everything game mechanic wise is still the same as the day you signed up, with small exceptions like the new out of position training options, maybe some salary formula changes, GDP if you were here before that. The one thing that remains true, throughout, is that there is always someone to claim that whatever they don't like is related to the dwindling user base, and that there are always people to claim that *something* inherent in the system that they don't agree with causes people to not be able to compete and progress in the game, never noticing that plenty of other people seem to progress just fine.

This Post:
273885.17 in reply to 273885.16
Date: 10/13/2015 5:34:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How has it morphed?
Whoa! You're kidding, right? How about the most recent change, that at the start of Season 31 a major change took place in the FA system? How about that the original description of the change was so vague that most people thought there would finally be some relief, a better supply of free agents and a corresponding improvement in the economy as relates to FA's, the transfer market and the entire basketball mechanism? How about that exactly the opposite happened, and we found out the hard way why the original description was so obscure and misleading? How about that when Marin was asked about it, he said it was deliberately done specifically to reward training by making training more profitable?

When the game is deliberately changed by the powers that be to reward training at the cost of damaging the basketball mechanisms and wildly inflating the player economy, I'd call that "morphed," and I don't actually think anyone has forgotten that yet, present company included.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 10/13/2015 5:42:21 PM

This Post:
273885.19 in reply to 273885.6
Date: 10/14/2015 4:39:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Hopefully they just take those % penalties off of the extra positions they added a few seasons back. Let us train any player any position any skill.

i agree they should remove the penalties.
or at least they could tweak them to 95/90/85/80 or even 98/96/93/90 instead of the current 90/80/70/60.

Advertisement