This Post:
283881.10 in reply to 283881.9
Date: 12/15/2016 12:36:22 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I discussed an idea with wolph several seasons ago. The idea was similar to yours

I think I remember it, though Wolph made many suggestions about training, most of them sensible enough.

A big objection however would be that you would have no disadvantaged in training if you are a first Division Coach compared to a newcomer.

In most first divisions your trainee is going to be against a better player. Certainly if I play even a $12k salaried PG in a first division game I'm disadvantaged. Though I would agree not as much as if I play him at C.

This Post:
283881.11 in reply to 283881.6
Date: 12/15/2016 3:24:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If training was easier, top rookies (and even mediocre ones, as long as their potential is high enough) fresh from draft would sell for even more than now. Much more. Talking about inflation...

Anyway, in my opinion it is not THAT hard to train, or even train & compete. But it helps if your trainees are not of the same age - if, for instance, you have 25, 22 (league games) and 19 yo (cup/scrimmage) trainees, it doesn't affect your competitive abilities too much, as long as you train well. When you finish the oldest (at 28), you add a new one and so on.

Oh well, just a thought

You still have to grind a player for 48 minutes, not using a backup will lower the quality of the production.

Training system is and always has been stupid.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
283881.12 in reply to 283881.4
Date: 12/16/2016 8:21:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have no idea why theyve never changed the training by position minutes played in after all these seasons..have they ever said why?

Because according to them there is no problem with it...

This Post:
283881.13 in reply to 283881.12
Date: 12/17/2016 12:14:41 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I have no idea why theyve never changed the training by position minutes played in after all these seasons..have they ever said why?

Because according to them there is no problem with it...

Sometimes when you've worked on a project for so long you are not capable of seeing its weaknesses like outsiders can.....

This Post:
283881.15 in reply to 283881.14
Date: 12/18/2016 8:13:05 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
No one is arguing that training is impossible. What people are saying is that it is illogical to only allow 3, 6, 9, 12 players to be trained in a single skill each week. That makes no sense and needs changed. Every single change the BBs are making to "fix" the economy are a direct result of this issue.

This Post:
283881.17 in reply to 283881.16
Date: 12/18/2016 11:56:42 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't agree. The market has allready been low, the market has allready been full of nice players and you know what? The training was harder than now! So saying that the training is the consequence of all the diseases is wrong.

Moreover, I've read that the high market is a bad thing for new teams. Again I don't agree. An old team like me was able to stay season after season on top because it was easy for a winning team to renew his roster without losing in competitivity. In many countries you saw the same team champion again and again. Now the market is high, it's impossible, even the old and well-managed teams have to tank some seasons to rebuild a good roster (except in the micronations of course). The consequence is that we see (and we will see) more different champions.

Perhaps the market was stronger in the past. Let's examine why. It's been posted here that the user base was over 50,000 in Buzzerbeater's prime. There are currently 18,656 users. If every team was using 1 position training on 3 trainees that would give us:

Then
50,000 teams * 3 trainees/team = 150,000 trainees receiving full speed training.

Now
18,656 teams * 3 trainees/team = 55,968 trainees receiving full speed training.

This means that there are 63% less players receiving the fastest amount of training per season. So less players being trained, yet their is still demand for the same number of trainees as there was when their were 50,000 users. Further, there are still the same number of leagues in existence, actually more when you factor in Utopia, which means that their is the same amount, if not more, money in the Buzzerbeater.

This means that right now each team should be training 8 players at full speed training to provide the same number of trained players into the market.

Instead we have a scenario where only 1/3rd of the players needed are being trained.

Imagine what would happen to the prices on the transfer list if another 100,000 trained players were added into the market. Prices would plummet and all teams would be able to remain competitive. No more need to tank. No more need for boycotts or taxes on excess profits to remove money from the game.

I submit that the actual speed of training (i.e. the amount of time it takes for certain skills to pop) is fine. The problem that needs fixing is the 63% decrease in the number of players that can receive full speed training.

Advertisement