Suggestions > Improvement in trainig

Improvement in trainig

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
288592.11 in reply to 288592.10
Date: 7/28/2017 12:43:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess it just depends on the term 'new managers'. There are people in my series that have been playing for 15 or more seasons, no chance in hell they can ever afford a lvl 5 trainer. It's not like level 5 is the best either. I have played before and have a decent knowledge of training and have been successful with a lvl 4. As long as this logic of maintaining an ever widening gap between vets and new players exists, you cannot be too surprised that new players don't stick around very long. Again, not saying lvl 5 trainers should be free, but 750k for a pretty mediocre tier 5 trainer is excessive. Futility is not an attractive element to new players, the question is: how bad do you want new players to stick around? How much growth has the game sustained over the past few years?

This Post:
288592.12 in reply to 288592.11
Date: 7/28/2017 4:59:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
New players could get the chance to hire internally at a reduced price

This Post:
288592.13 in reply to 288592.12
Date: 7/28/2017 10:58:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Reasonable. I think the GM makes a good point that brand new players aren't really ready for a higher tier trainer, and I was able to get a decent tier 4 for a reasonable price early. However, it just seems like a completely overblown market just to hire staff. While getting a higher tier staff member should be an investment, my complaint is that it is ridiculous at the prices it takes, not for the best trainer with a great salary, but for a good trainer with a medium salary. To use a metaphor, a kid new to driving shouldn't be able to afford a Ferrari, it's too much car for him. However, if he wants to own a Mercedes he should have to save his money to afford a nice one at the market price, but the dealer is trying to tell the kid that Mercedes costs a half mil with no extras and that he should stick to his ford Pinto.

Adding just a few more staff to the market could move the needle a small amount without disrupting the balance completely, and newer players would have another avenue of improvement if that is the way they want to go. Lets face it, one of the most exciting moments in the BB week is checking for training pops, and here in the lower divisions where noobs come and go at an alarming rate could certainly use a little more excitement to convince them not to abandon their team.

This Post:
288592.14 in reply to 288592.4
Date: 7/28/2017 10:13:48 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the best training idea is that the players don't need to be played to receive thei training.Usually is every sport the training is receive before the games not just during the games.Also...

1) This is the case in almost every management simulation game out there. Players get training points regardless of whether they play in actual games or not. The reasoning behind why the creators of Buzzerbeater's chose to create a training system that doesn't do that has never been adequately explained. Making this simple change will fix a huge number of problems with inflation within a few seasons. It will also allow new teams to be competitive sooner, if the focus on training.

2) Also, most simulation games have some sort of set prices for coaches. Buzzerbeater already has this via the hiring internal system. Why not simply eliminate the Staff Market System and let each team hire whatever level doctor, trainer or pr-manager based on that predetermined price range (like the trainer salary ranges below). Names could be auto-generated the same way draftee names are generated.

Basic - $5000
Competent - $10000
Advanced - $15000
Superior - $25000
Exceptional - $35000
World-renowed - $45000

This Post:
288592.19 in reply to 288592.15
Date: 7/29/2017 10:21:22 AM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
IMO, only focusing on one aspect doesn't make it a true management game.

This Post:
288592.20 in reply to 288592.10
Date: 7/29/2017 1:23:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
New managers should not have level 5 trainers to start with. There's no gain in that as you often la k the material to train and the knowledge how to in order to get the most out of that trainee.
An advanced trainer will also get the job done just as well for new reams at a lot lower price.

Define. New managers. I am in my 4th season. Bring in over 110k revenue per week I have a game profit. And would not be able to afford a reasonably priced level 5 trainer. I sold a player for near a mil earlier this year too, tried to find an affordable trainer, and gave up when it was clearly not going to happen, and then re-invested it into my arena instead.

Advertisement