BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Erase inactive player completely.

Erase inactive player completely.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
29807.10 in reply to 29807.9
Date: 5/10/2008 4:14:58 PM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
the point of the potential system is an alternative to long term injuries to create a spectrum of player abilities, so that the top teams can have very good players and the bottom teams can have not so good players.. and as you work your way up you can afford better players.

let me make an analogy to a different sort of game, like a dungeon's and dragon's game. Offering weapons which are much better than other weapons in an auction, will result in the better/richer players being able to buy those weapons.... but this is of course a lot more interesting than the alternative of having weapons that everyone can afford from the start, so there is no real reason to get better/richer.

it is our intent to have a wide gap between high level teams and low level teams... having the high level teams by the best players frees up the slightly less good players to be bought by the slightly less good players etc....

the point about money "disappearing" isn't really a big deal. Its an economy, there is a certain amount of money available, and a certain amount of supply available.. prices are set by the tradeoff between this. We actually have the inactive player release to give us a handle on this supply side of the equation.. we can release fewer or more players in order to keep the economy in balance. We might not be doing that perfectly, but the concept of releasing them I think is correct. Removing that concept would leave us with no control.

This Post:
29807.11 in reply to 29807.2
Date: 5/12/2008 11:11:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the transfer market right now, all the players that are below average will not sell at all like that FFsabin said.

well, I must be a complete idiot then, I recently bought a PG which is a benchwarmer...

Once a level 10 trainer comes around again I'll even start training him after a week or 5 when I sold off my excess of inside players.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.

This Post:
29807.12 in reply to 29807.1
Date: 5/12/2008 11:49:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is really no reason that any player should be removed from the game, just because an owner quits, and quite likely is replaced by a new owner.

Just because the owner quits, doesn't mean that the team bus crashes, but somehow NT players are the only ones that survive. And as soon as the new team is created there is suddenly a player with a $5500 salary that no team in the whole wide world of 25,000 teams had heard of.

The main question is how to redistribute existing players. BB could simply assign players from old teams to new teams, but that would mean that a lucky new owner might get a superstar. He might turn around and sell him (the same as would happen if he had simply been made a FA). The only difference is that in this case Team Lucky would keep the beau-coup $100,000.

So if there are FA, then BB simply needs to distribute the money. But who is to say that doesn't happen already? Where exactly does the $50,000 bonus for new teams come from, and the new arena, and the fans to attend games? All the fans aren't employed at companies making merchandise for BB teams or construction crews that build BB arenas. Money is taken out of the BB economy by salaries and FA fees, but is injected through ticket sales and merchandise. BB can easily inject extra money for any that is taken out through FA.