training suggestion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
40019.10 in reply to 40019.9
Date: 7/25/2008 11:41:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
indeed, maybe because

you got it right, speed is on same level, but in your club is now 1 very big star (according to the others) and plays somewhere inside.. so inside players which will be on a match near him, will grow somehow faster

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 11:42:27 AM

This Post:
40019.11 in reply to 40019.10
Date: 7/25/2008 11:59:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
for your understanding - if he will be so alone, he have to play with his mates and because everything which he do is so precisely, he will force his mates to do a maximum and meanwhile teach them something every game

while there will be more of these big stars, they will lineary forget or don't pass to a weak players, only "normally" behave, because if there are more of stars, they aren't forced by play to explain everything, they just play with each other if you understand

that's the life, if there are more mentors, there is no mentor (because they have to more take care on theirselves while they looks on a equal star fellow's eyes)

I mean this without any affect on ratings or a game, this affect would be just on training or xp, other pops or whatever

Last edited by Iordanou at 7/25/2008 12:04:04 PM

This Post:
40019.12 in reply to 40019.1
Date: 7/25/2008 3:56:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some ideas:

Maybe players could have residual training that is stored up, and then dribbled out over time. If a team trains a player and then sells him, the new team will see the slow improvement. If a team trains their own player they will see the improvement down the road.

Spread training out more so more players benefit. This might be such that training all 5 positions is 25-30% the speed of a single position. And 2 positions might be 55 to 60% of the speed of a single position. Or maybe there could be some target position training shifted to other positions. So that train "C" doesn't mean only train center, but to train "C" primarily but not exclusively.

Maybe players who don't receive any skill development could have deteriorated game shape, or higher salary demands, especially in their mid 20s.

Or required training to maintain higher skill levels. So if you purchase a player with a legendary skill, you have just purchased a trainee if you want to maintain that high skill.

training is 1/3 as fast per player

This Post:
40019.13 in reply to 40019.12
Date: 7/25/2008 10:02:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Great ideas. I like them all.
The third one seems like a punishment for people who train in the currently popular style. I don't want to punish anyone, just add some more options. Oddly, this is also my favorite of your suggestions and seems the most lifelike- like the second stringers having to watch the first team run the offense for half an hour before getting on the court to play dummy defense.
The first and second ideas are absolute winners in my book.

The last one would make the teams who have studs now uncatchable (as if they aren't already.)

good work,tex!!!

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
40019.14 in reply to 40019.13
Date: 7/26/2008 5:15:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I personally like the training system the way it is now.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager