BB Global (English) > Soft cap.

Soft cap.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
84203.11 in reply to 84203.10
Date: 4/3/2009 6:06:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To make the initial discussion about this topic complete http://www.buzzerbeater.com/BBWeb/Forum/read.aspx?thread=...
mainly kozlodoev-esque stuff

(how to post a board link using a message option,btw?)

This Post:
84203.13 in reply to 84203.7
Date: 4/4/2009 12:49:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So can I get this straight (in your opinion). The soft cap slows the training of all skills once a select few skills add up to the skill cap? So in your example of a SG, the speed of rebounding would slow done once you have like JS,JR and OD at thier limit (say sensational/tremendous for allstar)?

Cheers

Yes... which is why i would either chose to buy a guard trainee with SB/RB and ID or a C trainee with some passing & OD...(in the ideal scenario!)

But again its just a theory.. i am still more right than wrong with my own skill up predictions although a couple have baffled me recently! (1 postive i wasnt expecting and one that still didnt pop)

This Post:
84203.14 in reply to 84203.12
Date: 4/4/2009 6:25:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you post like this it's even better ;)

(83282.1)

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
84203.16 in reply to 84203.15
Date: 4/5/2009 3:13:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This does make sense, but I dont realy like it.

Lets say that a SG is capped at 15 in all guard skills and a center at whatever (i have no idea since i dont have this kind of players) for the same potential.

Then for training the optimal player i need to stop training him in outside skills at 14 in one skill and push his inside skills until the centercap hits him.

Ok, this is just an example. I know there are 3 other caps (maybe) that he might hit on his way. And all skills might influence all softcaps, just more or less, so he still hits the SG cap before the center. But the logic still holds that there are a point when you have to change the training, and one training too much might ruin the player ;)

/Mannen
This Post:
84203.18 in reply to 84203.17
Date: 4/5/2009 6:00:04 PM
River Legends
IV.14
Overall Posts Rated:
the perfect multiskiller: one training away from all five softcaps ;-)

it could be as complex as we want though, for example with a gradual but steep decrease of training speed the smaller the minimum distance to any of the softcaps is...

There is a problem with that.

A player who is a train away from the center softcap and also is a train away from the SG softcap is a SF, that kind of player has the lowest softcap of all (so difficult to see an Allstar SF over 55-60k).

I would say that the player with most salary before the softcap is the PG, the one with less salary, the SF.

In a Spanish fed (Tiradores sin Fronteras) we are making studies about potential, i will post here when we get all the answers (at least we will try it).

Regards Josef, your formulas are a brilliant job and are helping us a lot : )

This Post:
84203.19 in reply to 84203.16
Date: 4/6/2009 7:31:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This does make sense, but I dont realy like it.

Lets say that a SG is capped at 15 in all guard skills and a center at whatever (i have no idea since i dont have this kind of players) for the same potential.

Then for training the optimal player i need to stop training him in outside skills at 14 in one skill and push his inside skills until the centercap hits him.

Ok, this is just an example. I know there are 3 other caps (maybe) that he might hit on his way. And all skills might influence all softcaps, just more or less, so he still hits the SG cap before the center. But the logic still holds that there are a point when you have to change the training, and one training too much might ruin the player ;)

Cap does not work this way -- it's a salary limit, not a skill limit. There is no such thing as a "guard cap" or "center cap" -- there is one cap that can be reached by training different combinations of skills.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
84203.20 in reply to 84203.19
Date: 4/6/2009 9:32:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
so why are guardskills for the cap of the center so unimportant?

i don't believe that a aless trained guardskill is so unimportant for a guard, so i expect that respectable JS makes more different for a "only PG" then for a Center. So why it makes you so sure that this theory is wrong?

Advertisement