Help - English > completely baffled

completely baffled

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
97461.10 in reply to 97461.7
Date: 6/17/2009 6:22:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i know all these things. and yes these things do matter but that is why i posted this message. My 0.39% was in my last nights home game. The defence or offence wasnt wrong. I would be the first to admit that when I picked the wrong one. That is why I said in the first line to read my whole post and that i needed some serious help. I know all the random things that can influence the game. I have lost in the past before and I could explain why. This season I loose and I cant explain it. Not following any off the reasons you gave me.

I didnt ask for someone to explain me the full game engine, and yeah there is some randomness towards the game engine, but why play a management game and train players for years and years for the game to be still a lottery whether you win a game or not? playing the lottery is alot easier and takes alot less time trust me...

This Post:
97461.11 in reply to 97461.6
Date: 6/17/2009 6:28:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes you are spot on. My players played too many minutes, but I won the game in the last 2 quarters after being many points behind at half time? So how could fatigue be a factor?

I tied a few games this season too. I mentioned in my post I think that I am fully aware that his enthusiasm could have been better, but he CTed (i think) too early in the season and only possibly once or twice TIEed more than I did and I didnt CTed. So his enthusiasm couldnt have been much better than mine and what happened to home court advantage?

IMO and with my knowledge, the salaries he has dont add up to a 60% IS the first 2 quarters. Especially knowing I have a tremendous ID guy and a respectable ID guy. For our league that is quite decent.

This Post:
97461.12 in reply to 97461.11
Date: 6/17/2009 6:33:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Being after-wise, you had the wrong tactics against him both offensively and defensively and also lost the offensive flow by a lot. So regarding this, I think it is a mystery you won. I also don't think the differences in wages are huge, and your point guard has a very small salary, I think the PG is the most important guy to influence the score, but that is my opinion.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
97461.13 in reply to 97461.11
Date: 6/17/2009 6:42:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes maybe he CTed or the other TIEed. But if you say he CTed okay, but it was the first game. His enthusiasm falls to 2.5 correct me if i am wrong it goes up a little to lets say 3 and then have 5 after the the first TIE, I still believe he had a little more enthusiasm than you, but let us put that to a side for now.
One thing I may have forgot to say is that the team ratings doesn't affect eachother it doesn't matter if you had a legendary ID it doesn't affect his IS rating. Of course it does affect your own ID rating.
The reason that you won the last 2 quarters may have been that his PF and SG had alot of fouls, one thing is all the FTs, but they begin to defend more poorly. Your SG and PF scored alot of points.

This Post:
97461.14 in reply to 97461.12
Date: 6/17/2009 6:47:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
finally an answer i can work with. i have read threads in the past and have read more often that a PG influences the score. But I can find nowhere in the rules how he influences the score. before someone tells me noone knows, I know that, but there must be guidelines/directions in some way so you know what you are training and need to train.

How can my tactics be wrong? Man to man means one guy defends the other, considering our players were equal in many ways on the pitch, i dont think my defensive tactics were wrong. They didnt match his inside attack, but I already confirmed that, still doesnt explain his strong IS rating imo. My offensive tactics are in my opinion not wrong either. He played man to man, so he didnt gain any or just a small benefit against my offensive tactics. I have more than decent shooting skills. Ok nothing sensational, but he cant have amazing shooting skills and amazing defensive skills. The salaries just dont add up to that.

My offensive flow indeed is not that high, but that is one off the things I dont understand. Offensive flow has to do with passing skills right? For the whole team? please correct me when I am wrong.

My 5 players on the pitch had these levels off passing:

Huberman: respectable
Guardia: respectable
Tavares: strong
Yilong: atrocious (not seen many PF with good passing skills)
Ebertz: respectable (from what I have seen on Transfer markets this is quite high for a Center)

Comparing PF and Centers and guards on the Transfer market, I dont think (with exception of yilong) my passing and thus my offensive flow, especially for the strength of my league is that much worse than my league opponents passing skills)

This Post:
97461.15 in reply to 97461.14
Date: 6/17/2009 6:53:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the most important thing for offensive flow is the PG and his Handling...

When he defends man-to-man, you should go, like he did, strongly for either inside or outside, to have a high rating where you will take your shots.

As, when he went strongly inside offensively, you should have also been defending Inside and "blocked" this with a higher ID rating with 2-3.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
97461.16 in reply to 97461.5
Date: 6/17/2009 6:54:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
why does my PF with tremendous IS suddenly shoot 0.39% this season instead off 0.5% last season.

you say he shoot 27 times, that means he was an big faktor in your attack. This means he trys to convert difficult shots, because you don't get better shots as a team.

Even i would say, he don't shoots all the time 50% last season, sometimes balls drop and sometimes they roll out. Randomness, isn't a constant factor.

How my opponent can get strong IS

gamseshape, motivation , skill + tactic strong isn't incredible high - and his centers aren't weak.

This Post:
97461.17 in reply to 97461.9
Date: 6/17/2009 6:55:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yes, single sided players do have highsalaries compared to all-around players. but you never know which attributes are high for the players he is using. for example he might be using a sf who has high inside defence and that will totally change the outcome of the match ratings. in the end, when i saw the rating from your last match, it made perfect sense that the game was close. i could even expect youto be defeated, but home advantage is huge. as i said, wage is a helpful estimation tool but is not definite.

This Post:
97461.18 in reply to 97461.13
Date: 6/17/2009 6:56:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah my SG and PF scored alot off points, but my PF normally shoots 0.5% (last season) and not 0.39% (this season). he has tremendous IS rating and I can guarantee you for a division II english league that is very high. Same with my SG, have a look at his shooting % last year and this year. It doesnt add up.

I know my tremendous ID skill does only affect my own ID ratings, but it does affect his ID shooting % or not? in the first 2 quarters he shot .6%. If I have tremendous ID, how can he shoot .6%? Can only be he has better IS skill ratings, but look at his salaries, even although I am fully aware it doesnt say all, how can my inside guy have a 57k or so salary and his alot less but score so much better? He didnt play an ID minded defence and his inside def. team rating wasnt that spectacular either...

He got his PF's in the last few minutes when he was behind and trying to foul my players in order to get ball position. This is another thing I have seen happening and I think is a flaw in game engine. In this game (and no i am not complaining because it did help me win last night, but it blew my chances the game before) the loosing team fouled 4 times in short time to get to 5 fouls. You need 5 in order to trigger the free throw status right? In both my last 2 serious games, after 4 fouls the players stop fouling... Wouldnt a player make sure the team gets a 5th foul? I am sure they would. My opponent lost over a minute last night from the last 2 before committing the 5th foul. Why foul 4 times within 5 sec when you dont commit the 5th one? this game engine tactic just doesnt make sense.

This Post:
97461.19 in reply to 97461.16
Date: 6/17/2009 6:58:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
have a look at english div II leagues. a strong team rating skill is very high...

especially looking at the kind of wages he has. again i have to keep repeating myself, wages doesn say everything but it says alot.

Last edited by Astragoth at 6/17/2009 7:01:15 AM

This Post:
97461.20 in reply to 97461.15
Date: 6/17/2009 7:00:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree with you that if i would have picked a better offense and a better defense it could have worked out bigger in my favour. however, you dont know before hand what my opponent will pick. So i picked one that wouldnt be right or wrong. Wrong would have been 3-2 as defense and look inside as offense.

Advertisement