Help - English > hyper-inflation?

hyper-inflation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
268635.103 in reply to 268635.101
Date: 4/13/2015 9:26:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd call it more inconvenient than illogical. ... playing sub par lineups ...

And the real life basketball league where that is necessary, where a guy doesn't get coached and trained at all unless he plays in the regular games, where the last two or three guys onthe end of the bench (who need training the most) don't get trained ... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

*crickets*

This Post:
268635.105 in reply to 268635.104
Date: 4/14/2015 1:31:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, that would benefit the top teams, so of course I'm all for no penalties when you train.

/sarcasm

(if we are to play that game of crickets and sarcasms)

... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

Haven't got one, do you? Because there isn't one.

This Post:
268635.106 in reply to 268635.103
Date: 4/14/2015 2:11:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd call it more inconvenient than illogical. ... playing sub par lineups ...

And the real life basketball league where that is necessary, where a guy doesn't get coached and trained at all unless he plays in the regular games, where the last two or three guys onthe end of the bench (who need training the most) don't get trained ... the real life basketball league where that happens ... is ...

*crickets*

(enter Rod Serling)
Come with me, if you will, to another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land where practice may indeed occur behind the scenes, but where true experience and training comes only from playing in league games, national tournaments, and scrimmages. And thus, managers must make a fateful decision every time their team takes to the arena: do we play to win, or do we also play to train, shaping our future for seasons to come? It is this battle of minds, savvy, and wits that creates the drama and intrigue of this land and league known only as... Buzzerbeater.
(exit Rod Serling)

I get what you are saying now about it being illogical compared to real life, but if you were allowed to train anyone in any skill at any time, that would just be too easy. The current method of training makes things more interesting, and leads to tough decisions where managers have to gauge whether to train or play their best lineup. Or, if they are well developed they can do both. I may be in the minority, but I like it the way it is.

This Post:
268635.108 in reply to 268635.99
Date: 4/14/2015 6:07:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Whats make you i think i don't know anything about macroeconomics

First of all I don't know who Marmin is and I never said about capping income, but about taxing SAVINGS. The fact that you have a degree in Business and Finance should be enough to know the difference, but then again... I won't ride the stereotype... You throw everything into a pot, stir around and then write up some complete nonsense. Real talk.

If you really want to bring up the "capping is communism" theory... US leagues impose caps on Team and Player salaries. LeBron could make 50 mil in a "free market" there have to be limitations though. I recommend you move to China - no commies there.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
268635.109 in reply to 268635.26
Date: 4/14/2015 6:07:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there were no mechanism for a manager to adjust by creating their own players or by choosing not to, as circumstances warrant, that would be a severe problem.
sorry for coming in late to the party, just reading through. I think the training speed is too slow for people to be able to effectively choose their optimal strategy (especially with significant changes to the market, which may be affected, among other things, by decisions made by the developers, therefore entirely in the hands of the people running the game) and the free agency market isn't managed appropriately based on contingent market conditions to reduce the issue of very high inflation or deflation (a change every 10 seasons is just not good enough)

This Post:
268635.110 in reply to 268635.42
Date: 4/14/2015 6:22:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
A team 1$ in red or a team 499,999$ in red are not pumping money into anything except outside of BB. Nobody get their money.
They are paying players' salaries. Salaries are part of the cost of a player. So they are spending their money in the transfer market in a way. You can easily understand this considering the purchase price as the upfront price and the salary as a deferred price paid for that player (then you'd need to estimate his value at the end of his useful life).

This Post:
268635.111 in reply to 268635.46
Date: 4/14/2015 6:33:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The fact that you don't understand that the majority of money teams spend each week (player salaries, staff salaries, arena building, staff acquisition, etc.) is money leaving the economy, and that in fact this is the only way a team can go bankrupt (since it is impossible to participate in the transfer market unless you have a positive balance), simply continues demonstrates your complete lack of understanding of how the game works.
Well it seems that we have more than one not understanding the basic principles of how economy works in this game. If you think Prices and Salary are two separate things and do not both affect the way inflation/deflation works in this game, then I'm sorry, but you and also Perpete should refrain from posting.

Anyone else out there who thinks the cost of a player is just what you pay upfront in the auction? Anyone else who thinks inflation in the upfront price is not affected the salary of the player? Anyone who wants to make the same brainless comparison between staff/arena (whose cost and benefits are not linked to any kind of market dynamic) and players (whose value varies over time due to market dynamics even as their skills do not change)? I have more space in my little pink book.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/14/2015 6:34:07 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
268635.113 in reply to 268635.47
Date: 4/14/2015 7:23:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If there are more players, prices recede.
I say no, too much cash chasing too few worthwhile players is the root of the problem.
Bravo. So please go and ask that someone has a look at the free agency thresholds before it's too late. Or do you want to wait another year or two so that the people, who started training in the last couple of seasons, have fully trained players? Even lower potential players (say allstar) take around 4 seasons to train...

If prices are rising and you fear not having the money to pay them, then create the players yourself.
I say no, too much cash chasing too few worthwhile players is the root of the problem.
Too slow. When you have to change your approach to the game, you can't expect people to wait around for 1 or 2 years. I mean you can, of course, but don't expect all of them to stick around. I'm not sure that's such a great idea going forward. In general I'm not sure the unwillingness of the hardcore managers to compromise on the game being very hard, very slow and exceedingly testing on new managers (or those who need to rebuild from scratch) is a good thing for the game either (and I like the complexity of it, mind you).

If there are more players, prices recede.
Yes and in this neverending thread I haven't seen you or pretty much anybody else proposing solutions. And the only realistic solutions are changing the FA market and/or changing training and/or changing the way taxes work. Unless, of course, you'd like to see the effects of the current economy in the next 4 seasons as the cash dries up to money sinks and taxes.

Edit: solutions have been proposed, I just didn't get there yet

It's a shame that you can actually realize the root of the problem and focus so much on things incidental to the problem.
Right, but you do realise the root of the problem. However, as an example, I have yet to see sale taxes mentioned anywhere as having to do with the root of the problem and the lack of supply, as you put it. I suppose it's the same way Germany had nothing to do with WW2 and Belov had nothing to do with the US being whopped in the Olympics by the Russians 40 years ago.

Edit: Mr. Glass pointed out that taxes who hit people who would otherwise willing to sell do not help the supply side

The guy who spent time training his players matters just as much as you do. And robbing him to keep prices low for you is just as wrong as it would be robbing you to keep my team afloat.
Robbing? So the price set by the market is ok sometimes, but not other times? Wow that's convenient , isn't it!? So what's the difference between you crying because prices were too low yesterday and the people who cry because prices are too high today? None. The only difference is your personal idea and other people's personal idea of what the correct prices should be.

Others, like me, observe that high inflation or deflation is generally not good for any economy, including this game's. Therefore one is as bad as the other and the developers should step in with measures to smoothen the rate of inflation/deflation, so that we avoid situations where a 33yo player is worth 200k at the beginning of the season and 400k at the end of a season with worse skills. The same way, you should avoid that a 19yo is worth 400k at the beginning of a season and drops to 300k after being trained for 14 weeks.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 4/14/2015 9:05:28 AM

Advertisement