BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
232173.105 in reply to 232173.104
Date: 02/14/2013 05:35:09
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Hi everyone, sorry we've let this thread go unattended for so long. Since there's a multitude of issues you'd like answers on, it's impossible for me to answer all your questions, but I'll try and address at least some of them.

The SB issue seems like the most important topic. We are planning on making some changes in the GE next season, hopefully to be implemented after the AllStar break. The changes should affect the LI domination as well as the SB issue. I cannot give you more details but I believe it will be officially announced in the next seasons' newspost. It's not 100% yet (well, at least the time of the change isn't), therefore it's not announced in a newspost at this time.

A mobile app with some basic functionality would be feasible if we had the means to develop it. By means I mean money and programmers who could code it for Android and iOS (I've never developed mobile apps, and frankly, don't have time to do it). This means we should code two apps (expensive) or decide to code only one of them, which wouldn't cover the whole problem. Another issue is the complexity, since the match viewer in itself is such a big task to do, it would take a long time to develop. My estimate is that we'd need a lot of money to do it in a reasonable amount of time. Even if some users contribute financially, the cost could be too great for us to undertake. I'm afraid this means the mobile app is a very long way from seeing the light of day. There's the option of coding the match viewer in HTML5 or something similar that mobile devices can actually run (in contrast to Flash), which could be a more feasible option. It's something to think about.

There's the issue of the cup trade deadline. Since cups don't really end at the same time in different countries, it would be much harder to implement in contrast to the playoff or B3 transfer deadline. I'm not saying it's not doable, it's just harder. Also, we'd have to check all the implications of such a move and whether we'd really want to do it, in the first place. I'm not saying I'm against it, but I'm not for it at this time, either.

And now a minute for bragging We have finally started making changes and bug fixes in our GE. A small amount of bugs have already been fixed in it, but we're looking to fix more in the long term. On another note, I *think* (fingers crossed) we have finally solved the late boxscore issue. This finally enables us to concentrate on other issues (like the GE, attendance, fan survey, etc...), which means the future looks bright for BuzzerBeater.

This Post:
232173.106 in reply to 232173.1
Date: 02/14/2013 06:18:05
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
Hi everybody. I ´ve been thinking about playoff. What is gonna be best for my team. I am not gonna talk about 5th vs. playoffs, I want to talk about challenge - ultimate thing managers have to have to play this online game. It should be - trophies, winning etc. BUT, lets see:
I have, lets say, 1M on my account entering the playoffs as No1 team in my division. Now, count with me:
Scenario1, i will lose first PO game:
1 PO game played (LOST)= 1M cash + 0,3M gate reciepts +0,3M economy updateI (becose i dont pay salaries next week) -0,5M economy updateII = 1,1M
Scenario2, i will lose second PO game:
2PO games played (WIN, DEFEAT) = 1M cash + 0,6M gate reciepts +0,3M economy updateI -0,5M economy updateII =1,4M
Scenario3, i will play 2 final games:
4PO games played= 1M cash + 0,6M gate reciepts -0,5M economy updateI +0,55M gate reciepts -0,5 economy updateII = 1,15M
Scenario4, i will play maximum games:
5PO games played = 1M cash + 0,6M gate reciepts -0,5M economy updateI +0,8M gate reciepts -0,5 economy updateII = 1,4M

Bottom line:
It is economicaly equal to play 3 final games or lose conference finals!
It is economicaly worse to play 2 final games than to lose in conference finals!!

Yes if you win you have trophy but for the loser? Isn´t it nonsense that the runner-up ends up worse than two teams below him??? And i am not talking about the week in which 3rd and 4th team can change their roster and sell their players while finalists have to keep their best rosters so they can not make moves on market..
Something is wrong in here..
I believe that better teams should have at least little advantage economical, that might be equalised other way for other teams (more market options etc.) otherwise managers won´t be motivated to win and that means end of the game, that is why in our D1 3 teams went bots and our NT coach quits and senior managers lose their enthusiasm to play and that is why number of managers decreases and that is why this game is going to die.

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching

This Post:
232173.107 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 02/14/2013 06:58:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks BB-Marin, I think we will all cross finger with you :)

The SB issue seems like the most important topic. We are planning on making some changes in the GE next season, hopefully to be implemented after the AllStar break. The changes should affect the LI domination as well as the SB issue. I cannot give you more details but I believe it will be officially announced in the next seasons' newspost. It's not 100% yet (well, at least the time of the change isn't), therefore it's not announced in a newspost at this time.

I hope you considered a salaries change about SB too. It's the biggest problem right now after all. You have to chose between having a good SB or having the other 3 higher. The choice is obvious with the current GE.

This Post:
232173.108 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 02/14/2013 10:12:02
Overall Posts Rated:

Can you please make a temporary fix in the forum code allowing us to +1 this more than once per 12 hours? This is massive news.

This Post:
232173.110 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 02/14/2013 15:41:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Another issue is the complexity, since the match viewer in itself is such a big task to do, it would take a long time to develop. My estimate is that we'd need a lot of money to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Another possible solution - live text commentary (like in HT). I think it's doable in few minutes just by few clicks.

This Post:
232173.111 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 02/14/2013 15:49:57
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be a huge deal if buzzerbeater can implement a chemistry factor into the teams in a couple seasons time. It would add something fresh to the game and make it more realistic at the same time. The longer your players have played together, the better they will perform in games.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

This Post:
232173.112 in reply to 232173.111
Date: 02/14/2013 15:59:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, kind of an enthusiasm-type influence on the match.
It would be listed on the tactics page in the same way.
Perhaps a value of 1-10 depending on # of days on the team for all the players.

Last edited by Kumiko (CAN U21) at 02/14/2013 15:59:41

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
232173.113 in reply to 232173.112
Date: 02/14/2013 16:13:42
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a good way to make it yeah, and maybe have new users get a default of 5 or something.

+1 my previous comment so the bb creators can see it as a priority.

This Post:
232173.114 in reply to 232173.110
Date: 02/14/2013 16:31:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Another issue is the complexity, since the match viewer in itself is such a big task to do, it would take a long time to develop. My estimate is that we'd need a lot of money to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Another possible solution - live text commentary (like in HT). I think it's doable in few minutes just by few clicks.

I'm not familiar enough with the BBAPI program or CHPP other than on a very superficial level, but this could be a case where the BBAPI could be used to hook into a data feed representing the game and display the shots on whatever viewer intrepid coders decided to work on. The biggest problem I can think of would be dealing with live stats - you don't want to transmit the whole boxscore along with every shot attempt/foul/etc. but if you don't then joining a game in progress or having a disconnection would mean you'd have an incomplete or inaccurate box score or just not have one at all.

The live commentary would be an interesting option too. I'd be interested in knowing how accurate the shot locations are in the viewer as exists now; the more precise the location is to the location of the shot (assuming the game is actually coded that way!), the more likely it is that you'd want more than just a plain text representation. But I think the idea of giving a text feed is a great alternative to a full viewer, though an actual BBAPI plugin/app solution would be preferable.

This Post:
232173.115 in reply to 232173.114
Date: 02/14/2013 17:51:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Text commentary is practically the same thing as play-by-play option for supporters. So it exists now, only work to do is to make it visible during match. Live text commentary still is better than nothing, if match viewer doesn't work on other devices.
To convert text commentary to data source for third-party match viewer every comment with shot should be expanded by two numbers (x, y) or (r, alfa). Then graphic shot distribution in third-party viewer could be the same as in BB viewer.
Without this expand third-party viewer still is doable however "x"s and "o"s in grafics could be generated randomly (according to comment) and of course would be different than original.
However it's still worth to do.
Boxscore depends on commentary so it's always doable. So third-party program doesn't need nothing more than text commentary, boxscore and graphic could be generated independently.
Last thing is syncronization and/or how often commentary would be updated. I think 1 minute between updates would be acceptable. Then simple viewer (probably without perfect shot clock) shouldn't be hard thing to do.

I forgot - to make it doable current text commentary should be little upgraded. Shot blocks have to be always reported in commentary. Next thing - when steal occurs then name of player, who lost ball, has to be reported. And maybe few other little things when commentary isn't unequivocal, for example sometimes foul during fight for rebound after missed shot in commentary looks the same as shot foul or if two players have the same name.

Third-party proglam could be even better than original, the same as boxscore, because it would be possible to calculate other statistics for example team rebounds. I'm not sure it would be good for BBs ;-)

Last edited by B.B.King at 02/14/2013 18:10:36

Advertisement