BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
232173.108 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/14/2013 10:12:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The SB issue seems like the most important topic. We are planning on making some changes in the GE next season, hopefully to be implemented after the AllStar break. The changes should affect the LI domination as well as the SB issue. I cannot give you more details but I believe it will be officially announced in the next seasons' newspost. It's not 100% yet (well, at least the time of the change isn't), therefore it's not announced in a newspost at this time.

Can you please make a temporary fix in the forum code allowing us to +1 this more than once per 12 hours? This is massive news.

This Post:
232173.110 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/14/2013 3:41:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another issue is the complexity, since the match viewer in itself is such a big task to do, it would take a long time to develop. My estimate is that we'd need a lot of money to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Another possible solution - live text commentary (like in HT). I think it's doable in few minutes just by few clicks.

This Post:
232173.111 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/14/2013 3:49:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It would be a huge deal if buzzerbeater can implement a chemistry factor into the teams in a couple seasons time. It would add something fresh to the game and make it more realistic at the same time. The longer your players have played together, the better they will perform in games.

Anyone else think this is a good idea?

This Post:
232173.112 in reply to 232173.111
Date: 2/14/2013 3:59:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, kind of an enthusiasm-type influence on the match.
It would be listed on the tactics page in the same way.
Perhaps a value of 1-10 depending on # of days on the team for all the players.

Last edited by Kumiko (CAN U21) at 2/14/2013 3:59:41 PM

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
232173.113 in reply to 232173.112
Date: 2/14/2013 4:13:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a good way to make it yeah, and maybe have new users get a default of 5 or something.

+1 my previous comment so the bb creators can see it as a priority.

This Post:
232173.114 in reply to 232173.110
Date: 2/14/2013 4:31:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another issue is the complexity, since the match viewer in itself is such a big task to do, it would take a long time to develop. My estimate is that we'd need a lot of money to do it in a reasonable amount of time.

Another possible solution - live text commentary (like in HT). I think it's doable in few minutes just by few clicks.

I'm not familiar enough with the BBAPI program or CHPP other than on a very superficial level, but this could be a case where the BBAPI could be used to hook into a data feed representing the game and display the shots on whatever viewer intrepid coders decided to work on. The biggest problem I can think of would be dealing with live stats - you don't want to transmit the whole boxscore along with every shot attempt/foul/etc. but if you don't then joining a game in progress or having a disconnection would mean you'd have an incomplete or inaccurate box score or just not have one at all.

The live commentary would be an interesting option too. I'd be interested in knowing how accurate the shot locations are in the viewer as exists now; the more precise the location is to the location of the shot (assuming the game is actually coded that way!), the more likely it is that you'd want more than just a plain text representation. But I think the idea of giving a text feed is a great alternative to a full viewer, though an actual BBAPI plugin/app solution would be preferable.

This Post:
232173.115 in reply to 232173.114
Date: 2/14/2013 5:51:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Text commentary is practically the same thing as play-by-play option for supporters. So it exists now, only work to do is to make it visible during match. Live text commentary still is better than nothing, if match viewer doesn't work on other devices.
To convert text commentary to data source for third-party match viewer every comment with shot should be expanded by two numbers (x, y) or (r, alfa). Then graphic shot distribution in third-party viewer could be the same as in BB viewer.
Without this expand third-party viewer still is doable however "x"s and "o"s in grafics could be generated randomly (according to comment) and of course would be different than original.
However it's still worth to do.
Boxscore depends on commentary so it's always doable. So third-party program doesn't need nothing more than text commentary, boxscore and graphic could be generated independently.
Last thing is syncronization and/or how often commentary would be updated. I think 1 minute between updates would be acceptable. Then simple viewer (probably without perfect shot clock) shouldn't be hard thing to do.

I forgot - to make it doable current text commentary should be little upgraded. Shot blocks have to be always reported in commentary. Next thing - when steal occurs then name of player, who lost ball, has to be reported. And maybe few other little things when commentary isn't unequivocal, for example sometimes foul during fight for rebound after missed shot in commentary looks the same as shot foul or if two players have the same name.

Third-party proglam could be even better than original, the same as boxscore, because it would be possible to calculate other statistics for example team rebounds. I'm not sure it would be good for BBs ;-)

Last edited by B.B.King at 2/14/2013 6:10:36 PM

This Post:
232173.116 in reply to 232173.109
Date: 2/14/2013 6:49:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This doesn't necessarily mean that managers that use LI will have to change. And even if they do, you should play whatever offense works best for your team. If LI becomes more stoppable, use some other offenses that you can run effectively. In fact, when I took a look at your team, I assume that you can run Base/PTB, since you only have 2 high salaried bigs. Remember: Balance is the key, OD is king, GS is queen.

Last edited by Big Dogs at 2/14/2013 6:52:41 PM

This Post:
232173.118 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/14/2013 7:02:47 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
That's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right about the boxscore-issue.

Just a question: I totally understand that it's just not possible with your resources to get an iOS/Android-App going ... but what about a mobile website of BB? Would be easier to access via Smartphone. That might be a good compromise - at least for me (even though I don't know how much work that would be ...)

Keep up your work and I'm looking forward to the bright BB-future that you're predicting:-)

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
Advertisement