Suggestions > Buying an extra team

Buying an extra team

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
137889.11 in reply to 137889.3
Date: 3/28/2010 12:04:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately this is unlikely to happen, as it violates two major policies of ours:

#1 One person, one team

#2 People who pay will never get an in-game advantage.

#3 It could make NT Elections problematic

#4 Pool of players for NT purposes it given by number of managers playing in that coutnry and seasons played i.e. more people = more players to choose from; second teams would ruin that

#5 why not third team then? ... road to hell

This Post:
137889.13 in reply to 137889.12
Date: 3/28/2010 1:26:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot for your great insight, I guess you would love to play in Russia?

Maybe some people have a lot of time and could easily manage two teams (as some people can handle their regular team + their NT-managers job?) But maybe you will understand this when... Ah forget it. Arguiung on the internet is like...

If I could choose I would not play in Austria too, but thats a different story. Iit is verly logical to be forced to play in the country you are currently living in, because yes.

This Post:
137889.14 in reply to 137889.11
Date: 3/28/2010 1:32:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why not block them then? Dont allow second team users to vote AND to be voted in those countries. I mean u bring up the weirdest "problems" and don't even waste a second on a possible workaround or solution.

As someone else and I said, this could be a nice third income stream for BB, but maybe the supporter packages and the mail-order bride ads are enough to grind out a nice income, I don't know.

EVERY suggestion is dragged in the mud and every post containing some suggestion is instanteniously 1-balled. I mean what the hell is wrong with you guys? It is totally impossible to talk about some ideas or thoughts without being harassed or bullied...

This Post:
137889.15 in reply to 137889.9
Date: 3/28/2010 1:58:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I got my roommate almost to register for the game but he did not want to play in Austria, so having the option to have one more team might have solved this

So, he registers in the country he is supposed to play in, then buys a second team in the country he wants to play in, after that presumably abandoning the team he's supposed to play with (since he doesn't want that team), and we still somehow think we have arrived at a good solution both for the user and the game. Nah, I don't really think so.

This Post:
137889.16 in reply to 137889.9
Date: 3/28/2010 2:26:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I love your jokes (DONK! lol)...
But the idea of having more then one team is a bad one. I think this game creates a bond between manager (player) and team. With two or several teams you do not develop that bond. So if you are stationed in Austria you should actually play in Austria.

To: Edju
This Post:
137889.17 in reply to 137889.16
Date: 3/28/2010 11:29:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,
Why not instead of a second team have a B-team ?

- That B-team would have to play in the lower division of our country
- This way we would have more competitive lower leagues and much less bots
- Both A-team and B-team must have at least 8 players each
- B-team would serve primarly to develop our rookies and give them training and experience
- B-team should not have more than 3 players aged 23 or older

This way people would bet more on the Draft, more money would be used to develop our roster instead of daytraiding.
In the end, even our National Teams would benefit from this, because better players would be developed faster, and also more balanced ones too.

Just an ideia but what do you think ?

This Post:
137889.18 in reply to 137889.17
Date: 3/28/2010 11:51:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you even think what would happen with a second team?
- What happens if the B-team promotes, eventually will have 2 teams at the same level?
- Which one will be better, experienced player with a new team or just starting manager? Upper leagues will be filled with experienced players with 2 teams.
- B-Teams would become just "manage and train NT players"
Having multiple teams is wrong in so many levels I lack the time to bring them all up.

This Post:
137889.19 in reply to 137889.18
Date: 3/29/2010 6:48:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If B teams had its own separated league system.
If a finances would be splitted, so money from B team could not run into A team.
If you could promote only 1 player per season, but only that which were born and raised in Bteam (no matter for how long).
If player which come from Bteam could not be sold for a 1 season.
If the draft would be automaticly matter of Bteam only and only 1 player could be drafted per season.
And Ateam should spend 1M per season for the Bleague outgoings.

Which would create great opportunity to face different teams and under draft and financial loss would be questionable which system is more efficient. Because if you want to raise drafted player for longer time than 1 season, you have to leave out 1 seasons promotion, because there is noone left to promote.
Bteam could buy or sell players, but only like 1 per season.

I think that this would create questionable system enough to follow or not.

This Post:
137889.20 in reply to 137889.19
Date: 3/30/2010 11:03:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I strongly believe the current rule of one team only will persist, for a number of reasons.

* It captivates a broad userbase (among them users that does not have the time or means to manage two teams, family people, workaholics, users without their own PC, etc etc)

* Having more than one team, would most likely make your connection and emotional bond to the team be weaker, diminishing most of the pressing matters real teams have to take care of into a question of what team should be the "the good team" and what should be the "garbage team". In turn making it a less realistic game. BB aims for a balance of realism and entertaining gameplay. I believe it would be very demotivating to get to play in the garbage team...

* Cheating issues.

*The most important one: No one will ever get any in game advantage by buying their way. Only skill (and maybe some luck) will bring you to the top of this game.

And more, as mentioned earlier in the thread, and also some not mentioned, but these are heavy reasons that I don't believe there is a way around. It would be easier and probably better to focus the effort on a better draft system, and some of the pro's of this suggestion would be preserved even if the suggestion as a whole is impossible to implement for the reasons mentioned.
Which would create great opportunity to face different teams
Getting to play more games are possible by becoming supporter and joining a Private League.
and under draft and financial loss would be questionable which system is more efficient. Because if you want to raise drafted player for longer time than 1 season, you have to leave out 1 seasons promotion, because there is noone left to promote.
Being more successful by having two teams (with or without the limitations you suggested) is only a perceived utopia, since all managers would be facing the same circumstances. We all have to make difficult choices. And that's the beauty of it ;D

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 3/30/2010 11:27:53 PM

To: Edju
This Post:
137889.21 in reply to 137889.3
Date: 12/3/2010 11:10:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still think these problems can be fixed

- Have the second team be bought with Buzzerbeater money, a few million perhaps... Then it's still not a pay for advantage issue.

- Not allow any contact between the two teams, do not allow them to scrimmage, transfer players, be in the same league, etc. I don't think this would be hard considering both teams would be under the same login name.

- One person one team, I think the problem that is left, is that with this you would have the problem of veteran managers in D.V and promoting constantly over new recruits lowering the user base, therefore, why not make a COMPLETELY different league, like USA D.II B only for a managers second team, which will never interact with teams from the A divisions besides scrimmages and player transfers. This solves the issue of allowing newbies to compete with other newbies while allowing experienced managers to start a second team from scrap just the way they always dreamed of doing, all without a pay money for advantage problem.

Thoughts? Am I being unrealistic here? Is this to big of a project for the foreseeable future? Any ideas to add? Thanks

Last edited by Chekreyes at 12/22/2010 9:00:39 PM

Advertisement