BB Global (English) > Ingame rotation

Ingame rotation

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
1584.11 in reply to 1584.10
Date: 10/11/2007 5:17:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps though we should consider allowing people to set the weighting themselves.. so they can better control the distribution of minutes.

I think this a good idea. I believe I posted something about assigning number of minutes to each player for each game, but I understand that is difficult.
However, a weighting system works equally as well. It sounds a bit easier to implement.

This Post:
1584.12 in reply to 1584.11
Date: 10/11/2007 6:44:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ideally, I would like to be able to weight different positions. Maybe I want my centre to play the whole game, but maybe I want the coach to sub my SF as he sees fit. Something along those lines.

I would also like the option of playing my guys no matter how many fouls they have. If I'm training them, I want them to be on the court as much as possible. Currently, if a guy hits a high number of fouls early, the coach takes him off for an extended period. I might prefer to leave him out there until he fouls out.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
1584.13 in reply to 1584.10
Date: 10/11/2007 7:06:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think setting out own weight sounds like a great idea.

I have had many arguments saying that LCD became too strict but there are a lot on the other side.

But thinking back to first season I think there still needs to be a minimum weight somewhere between what LCD was and what LCD is now.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.

This Post:
1584.14 in reply to 1584.9
Date: 10/11/2007 10:46:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me get this straight:

LCD causes more substitutions, but only in case the subs skill is a little less than the starters.

On my last two games I've played LCD. On the first I put an SG A, and he played 40 and he played 40 minutes, where his sub (lets call him SG B) played the rest 8. On the last game, I've put SG B as a starter and SG A as backup. According to what you've said, SG A should get a good amount of minutes, as he have better skill than A. Nevertheless, SG B, which had a lousy shooting game (4 of 20 from the field) was given by the coach 42 minutes (!), where SG A only got 6, which he used marvelously 9 points (3 of 3 behind the arc!).

How can we explain this?

Before you said one game was in "Follow DC until 4th" and the one after was in "LCD".
"Follow DC until 4th" means SFDC for 3 quarters, which explains everything, as detailed in my previous post.

This Post:
1584.15 in reply to 1584.10
Date: 10/12/2007 11:06:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
an other option would be to add the posibility to set a minimum or maximum amount of playtime for players.

You could then for example tell the coach to have the substitute play at least 15 minutes, or have the starter play max 35 minutes... or even have the substitute play at least 25 and max 30 minutes.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
1584.16 in reply to 1584.15
Date: 10/12/2007 1:34:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This has been suggested before and it would lead to much too easy training of players etc.

How would it be a challenge to train perfect amount of minutes and still win if we could specify the exact minutes a player plays?

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.
This Post:
1584.17 in reply to 1584.16
Date: 10/12/2007 2:04:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why does training and setting minutes have to be such a challenge?

This Post:
1584.18 in reply to 1584.17
Date: 10/12/2007 2:43:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

this is a very good question.

I would love to play a game which is realistic but making it difficult to give the players a certain amount of minutes is very unrealistic.

i want to tell my coach this guy should play 35min. if a players is having a good game, coach can decide to play him 41 min, if he is having a bad day coach is able to say u r only playing 29 min.

This Post:
1584.19 in reply to 1584.18
Date: 10/12/2007 2:56:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

this is a very good question.

I would love to play a game which is realistic but making it difficult to give the players a certain amount of minutes is very unrealistic.

i want to tell my coach this guy should play 35min. if a players is having a good game, coach can decide to play him 41 min, if he is having a bad day coach is able to say u r only playing 29 min.

The game needs to be a challenge.

If everything was handed to everyone, there'd be no point in playing.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
1584.20 in reply to 1584.19
Date: 10/12/2007 4:02:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope you will agree with me that there are lots of challenges in this game. Why do you need to make unrealistic ones when this is the case?

The minutes thing is not really a challenge, if you think about it. It just means you have to log in more often to keep massaging your line-up. Does the game want to advantage people who can log in more often?

This Post:
1584.21 in reply to 1584.20
Date: 10/12/2007 4:15:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope you will agree with me that there are lots of challenges in this game. Why do you need to make unrealistic ones when this is the case?

The minutes thing is not really a challenge, if you think about it. It just means you have to log in more often to keep massaging your line-up. Does the game want to advantage people who can log in more often?

My personal opinion (which may not be that of the BBs) is that you should need to log in at least once for every game you play to issue a lineup, and that those who do not want to pay attention to their teams should suffer for it.

It's not like I'm saying that someone should have to login 3-5 times a day, not at all.

But, a professional basketball team does not run on autopilot, with the same players getting the same minutes game after game.

It certainly is not an unrealistic challenge to set lineups that:

A. Optimize training, and

B. Win

Of course, winning is largely unimportant for a scrimmage, and it's the minutes that count.

Providing minutes to your players is a challenge, and one that can be overcome with just a little time, not a lot.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement