Suggestions > Interim/Assistant NT Coach

Interim/Assistant NT Coach

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
225060.11 in reply to 225060.6
Date: 8/29/2012 3:09:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree. If a guy announces beforehand who his "emergency caretaker" will be, then it's fine. Otherwise you may end up having the NT controlled for a large period of time by someone who wasn't elected.

what is worse

the team being run by some1 not elected

or

the team being run by no1 @ all?

This Post:
225060.13 in reply to 225060.12
Date: 8/29/2012 3:22:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because a guy who is ban or botified will evidently not be able to chose it after his depart.

With my suggestion, the idea was that they choose a person after the election and they have one week to do so.

Although I see the benefits with choosing beforehand and would not be against that.

This Post:
225060.15 in reply to 225060.14
Date: 8/30/2012 3:53:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry I disagree with almost all of this.

Some players take getting players onto their national team very seriously and if the team suddenly had no coach for five months that could be seasons of training down the drain.

Right now if the coach bots the GMs can replace him, usually with whoever came second in the election. That is a fine procedure.

It is essential for small nations that their players do become free agents when their teams go bots. In fact I think these should be the only free agents. Last season's India U21 team which had been groomed by me had 3/4 of its players as guys I had saved from botting teams. In small nations it is often the only way to get nationals into the hands of quality trainers.

This Post:
225060.18 in reply to 225060.16
Date: 8/30/2012 9:13:57 AM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
This thread will stay on the subject of the NT coach, not the players.

Thanks Perpete.

@Wolph: I don't see why you're competely against this idea. Why shouldn't it be possible to sign up as a team for the NT-elections? In almost all elections in Germany there have been candidates with a team (me included) - so I think it's a great idea to set up a team BEFORE (which was a great suggestion, btw - don't know who made that) the elections. And the Assistant-NT coach would only have the power to set lineups - not even to fire players on the roster. Or you could give the NT-Coach the power to tick off in some boxes what the assitant is allowed to do. I don't really see a downside of it - because both of them would be elected.

For my part - I stepped down as U21-Coach because I didn't have enough motivation and especially time to continue my work. But I would definitely have run as an assistant coach just to make sure that the work continues to be done.

All of this stuff hasn't anything to do with the NT-players on the rosters. The only good thing that comes out of it is that if an NT goes bot/banned or forgets to set a lineup the assistant can do that and players on the team will get minutes and therefore merchandise. Which is quite fair in my opinion.

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
This Post:
225060.20 in reply to 225060.19
Date: 8/30/2012 12:34:12 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
Because why does a guy that is going to be out of commision sign up for the job? and if a NT team member is banned then the entire nation should suffer as a message to nations that cheating will be punished not rewarded or encouraged. Find a guy that can be online regularly for 6 months out of 45k supposed accounts....is it really that hard????

Yes, because you never know what will happen in RL. I did have some serious problems but managed to set up a lineup. But we also had a scout that just wasn't there for over a month who than had to quit BB - and just couldn't get online for the game. Why exactly are you against this suggestion? Just because you always have to try to be against everything that's in this game? And I'm not really talking about the german community. It did happen to Scotland U21 a couple of seasons back - there was someone called Rick James who would continue to play with his team but just don't care any more about the U21 team.

But whatever. You've got your opinion - most of the other people in this thread have another - and want to make this game better with their suggestions. I hope the BBs will implement something like this suggestion here...

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
Advertisement