BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
232173.11 in reply to 232173.1
Date: 12/03/2012 15:41:00
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
I have a simple question.

What point have the new change 50/50% money from PO game?
You are "punishing" those managers who deserve to be on 1st place during the whole season? You take away their 17% of money and give it to managers who don't deserve it during the season.

I hope you will fix this bad change.

Regards

This is where we hold them!
Message deleted
This Post:
232173.13 in reply to 232173.11
Date: 12/03/2012 16:10:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Blocking still seems underrated by the view of the managers. The BB's all tried to convince us in the past that the bocking skill also helps with altering shots (what we most of the time dont see) and that blocking will help to reduce at least the Looking Inside domination etc. But people are believers until they see it with their own eyes.

When the manager trains jumpshot, they notice a increase in scoring %. When the manager trains passing, they notice more assists. It makes all the hard training finally pay off while watching a live game. More positive action coming out of the gameviewer. When they train blocking they almost see jack shit out of their hard effort to train a good amount of blocking.

Im not saying BB should hand out unrealistic more blocks in a game. Just at least a more realistic amount to give blocking some more eye candy. Even in real life the bocking average is higher in less minutes compared to BB.

I see way to many good blockers (i checked players with 14 blocking and higher also at least 14 ID and a bit OD just to be sure) with 1,7-2,3 blocking averages. I also looked at their career blocking in one game. Way to many had a max of 5 or 6 blocks in one game. Almost no bursts of 10+ blocks in one game. These things do happen in real life.

Blocking doesnt feel like a game-changing skill to train. Its just not cool. Even players with 14 skills in rebounding can average 15 rebounds a game in here. With 15 rebounds in this game you would be the number one rebounder in the NBA for at least the last 5 seasons. Even a top shot blocker isnt sure to average a good blocking amount. Its just to hard to make a block in this game..

A positive change in the average amount of blocks per game would make training it at least more fun. More blocking will give teams a better way to defend the Looking Inside domination, so this change handles the L.I. problem as well, while making it more fun to watch the game. A no brainer to me

I could understand BB thinks: " blocking is already powerful enough, so we dont change a thing. ". You could at least make it more attractive to watch by decreasing the % of a altered shot (since we dont see them most of the time anyway) and increase the actual blocks.. Those 2 could even themselves out, but more satisfaction.

So my question would be:

Can BB be convinced by the BB-manager that the skill blocking needs a adjustment,or can we just give up because BB isnt going to change anything regarding the blocking skill?

Last edited by Maupster at 12/03/2012 16:52:41

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info

This Post:
232173.16 in reply to 232173.15
Date: 12/03/2012 18:03:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Whilst players like Dwight Howard are amazing shot blockers, their shot shot blocking ability is mainly used as help defense.

Maybe in the match engine to reflect shot blocking, maybe adding in a line such as:

Player1 drives to the hoop closely guarded by Player2. Player 3 steps out to help! Shot missed!

Players with high shot blocking would step up to help alter the shot. Sometimes they will block, sometimes they will alter the shot. I think it would add some value to shot block, too often people think shot block should lead to direct increase in shot blocks per game, but in reality a shot blocker alters more shots just by being there than actually blocking shots.

This Post:
232173.17 in reply to 232173.11
Date: 12/03/2012 18:43:21
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps, it would slightly help team in 4th to have a better finance, but a better way to solve issue is to add in bonus to the league winner in the main league of the nation.

This Post:
232173.19 in reply to 232173.17
Date: 12/03/2012 18:57:15
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
perhaps, it would slightly help team in 4th to have a better finance, but a better way to solve issue is to add in bonus to the league winner in the main league of the nation.

That would be OK, but now you have 0$ from winning the 1st League, and now they took from you 400-500k more in the playoffs..
That's the award for be the best in your country..

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
232173.20 in reply to 232173.19
Date: 12/03/2012 19:41:54
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Mr. Patrick.........I have a question............

of pertaining to the fan survey.......what will you do to improve it? Will you improve it? I'm asking this because this issue has been around for a long time. Like for instance.....

You're the underdog team going to play against one of the best teams in the League. Your players play the hardest, fight to the very very end, and lose by 1 in OT..........

Normally, a real fan would say, "This team played their hardest tonight. I compliment of how they fought to the very last second man......I thought they'd get smacked tonight. But this? WOW! Good job, Good Effort!" And would probably give them a "3" in the fan survey..........

right now, it's like this: "WHAT!?" yall lose? What the world is going on? You were supposed to win. Play for the win! I don't like loses. This is stupid. If you guys ain't gonna win a game, I won't support you" and give you a "1" in the fan survey, -_-

The fan survey also (I think) predicts how many fans will come to your next game........and well what do you think? Will more fans come after a win, or after a heartbreakening loss? Obliviously right now, people would go to watch teams play after they win, but in real life, if they seen a team fight their hardest.........shouldn't they go? I mean I can make more situations then this one, and right now this fan survey is messed up.

So back to the question: What will you do to improve the quality of the fan survey?

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
232173.21 in reply to 232173.19
Date: 12/03/2012 19:58:26
Overall Posts Rated:
That and a shiny cartoon trophy on your team page that hardly anyone ever looks at!

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
Advertisement