BB Global (English) > GDP feature

GDP feature

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
250685.11 in reply to 250685.10
Date: 11/9/2013 9:00:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In real Basketball, teams try do disrupt tendencies but it doesn't necessary give them an edge over their opponent. Here you just have to click and you're sure it works.

I believe the Heat won because they had a better team than the Clippers anyway.

Last edited by Contarin at 11/9/2013 9:08:21 AM

This Post:
250685.13 in reply to 250685.12
Date: 11/9/2013 9:16:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So basically it won't prevent teams from playing LI...

My biggest problem with this feature is it brings some hasard to the game which I don't think is a good thing. You know you're team is weaker, you have an incentive to use the feature.

This Post:
250685.15 in reply to 250685.14
Date: 11/9/2013 11:17:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cmon on Perpete when you flip a coin, you do it voluntarily and yet the result is totally random.

My problem is if you know you are likely to loose a game, you will tend to use the GDP feature. And if you are lucky you might win.

This Post:
250685.17 in reply to 250685.16
Date: 11/9/2013 12:02:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You didn't get me Perpete.

For me flipping a coin is using or not the GDP feature.The intend of this feature is to help attack balance in the game. So let say both team are balanced and it's the PO final.

If I'm the best team and I don't know where my opponent is going to attack, I won't use the feature because I don't want to risk the penalty if I I'm wrong.
If my team is weaker, I will use the feature because then I might just win a game I was likely to loose.

The point of the GDP feature is to disandvantage you if your attack is predictable. The only thing that is indeed unpredictable is totally random.

Last edited by Contarin at 11/9/2013 12:59:23 PM

This Post:
250685.18 in reply to 250685.17
Date: 11/9/2013 12:39:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if i may chime in . . .

my guess that this will produce an effect similar to HCA, maybe a bit less. by preparing properly for your opponent's tendencies, you may gain perhaps 3 - 7 points. if your opponent does not have predictable tendencies, then you have squandered a similar amount.

i don't why the focus on "luck". to me, it is similar to having a player with a poor FT percentage. (i have one.) in any given game, that player could find himself at the line with the game on the line (!). if i find myself in that situation, is that "bad luck" or did i miscalculate the odds? in this game, i have learned that the latter is the correct answer.

this latest wrinkle is more complex, as you try to anticipate what your opponent may do when he knows that you are possibly trying to anticipate what he may do. this makes the risk calculation difficult -- so difficult that you give up and "flip a coin". i would say if you are reduced to that, then don't engage in the calculation.

for myself, i don't see me using this a lot unless i am facing a team that i wish to dare to do something other than LI. there are several in my league: very strong inside, with guards who exist to pass the ball inside. if i can get them to think i will be preparing for that attack, and they choose some alternative, then i have effectively disrupted their tendencies, which may well be worth more than the 3- 7 points i have lost by "guessing" wrong. if i have "guessed" right, than they still will have a less effective offense.

This Post:
250685.19 in reply to 250685.17
Date: 11/9/2013 12:43:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally i agree with you. Its not fair for them to take away advantage of having stronger team.

seasons ago i had some strange league where everyone hated me for no reason, well i had highest salaries and so no. in season i had been motsed like 20 or 21 times. bullshit, i managed to lose one of these games, i couldnt save up players for a cup so imagina this situation where everyone not just mots you but flips a coin. so at home they could gain like 40 points advantage,(20 for ent tie against mots 10 for home court advantage with pr manager speciality 10 ? for new quessing thing?) thayts rly not fair. If i had built 1,4 ppp effective scoring machine with LI, which i had seasons ago why should i be punished? if noobs dont know how to run efectively tactics and find suitable players for it why they should gain advantage?

This will only complicate stronger managers lifes. Theill be forced to spend more on salaries, play with higher enthusiasm more often, wont be able to save players for cup.

Last edited by Gajus Julijus Cezaris at 11/9/2013 12:49:51 PM

This Post:
250685.20 in reply to 250685.19
Date: 11/9/2013 1:30:19 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know about the effects of this, but we need a transparent clarification from the BBs

What exactly are the pace and focus of each tactic?

As I tried to guess in another thread, maybe something like this:

BO - balanced, normal
Push - balanced, fast
Patient - balanced, slow

Motion - outside, normal
RNG - outside, fast
oISO - outside, normal

LP - inside, normal
LI - inside, fast
iISO - inside, normal

Princeton - inside/outside, slow

And what about Princeton? Inside-Outside focus, really?

Last edited by Aleksandar at 11/9/2013 2:13:59 PM

Message deleted
Advertisement