BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > option of running offense through a player

option of running offense through a player (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270497.11 in reply to 270497.10
Date: 5/18/2015 9:50:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
btw, i really think that the developers are Americans and the writer is European cause the isolation concept is different from one to other, but are just thoughts

potentially - and maybe this got me thinking that there might be some 'lost in translation' aspects to the game manual, from english to other languages? as well?

but onto my examples.
as per my previous posts
(81734844) - In this game, Outside Isolation - 17 shots taken by my starting SG, including 8 threes. The most number of FG's taken by someone on the court. (But maybe not the best example as garbage time ensued)

(82497047) - in this game, SG takes 25 shots including 6 three's...., PF takes 21... next highest is 8

(82497065) - in this game, the SF position (played mostly by 1 player, and another who played at PG and SF) took 45 shots total. (out of 91) - maybe again not a good case because some of the minutes were split between PG and SF, but still very clear cut SF dominated shots.

(79205091) - in this game, SG takes 28 shots, PF takes 23 shots. next highest is 10

I do have some examples though where it is spread evenly. But the ratio tends to more than not, 1 or 2 players take majority of shots.
I find with Outside Iso especially, if you have a PG/SG/SF with really good driving and inside shot, he will take more shots, still a 2:1 ratio of jump shots/3's to driving shots.....PF when he takes a high number of shots with OI he tends to do 1:1 ratio of driving layup and mid range jumpers. not that many 3's or 'tough inside shots' (stilla few though from offensive boards etc).

i generally don't see the C being involved with OI, but that might be because ive had poor offensive players in my team :)

This Post:
270497.13 in reply to 270497.7
Date: 5/18/2015 8:25:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes I understand your thinking bit what if you just want one player to do all that stuff and you don't just want the best player for those specifics but the best shooter overall to be taking the most shots and not just specific to OI and II

Message deleted