BB Global (English) > basketball sim,

basketball sim,

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
270734.11 in reply to 270734.1
Date: 5/28/2015 5:05:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Closing threads you do not like does nothing to solve the problem and only cements the loss of credibility I spoke of. Failing to even address the problem adds to the loss of credibility.

Closing threads that I don't like would be fun. Deleting posts that I dislike would be fun, too. Typing out some of the things that pass between the space between my ears would be exceptionally fun.

Closing threads that are running counter to the rules of the forum they are posted in, on the other hand, is not something I do for fun. I appreciate that you want to complain about specific aspects of the game that you don't like, at great length. And you may (and most likely will) do so for as long as you remain here and don't lose the right to post in the forums. But you may not use the bugs forum for those things; to wit:

(205072.1)

Arguments for the sake of arguing and long meaningless discussions, non-related or over a staff decision or action are not allowed in this forum. Personal confrontations and attacks are also forbidden. This forum is not a place for disgruntled users to voice their dissatisfaction of BB staff of policy. For that we have the appeals email (appeals@buzzerbeater.com).

This forum is needs to be succinct, objective, argumentative, professional and above all, respectful. It is a tool for BB staff organisation of bug reports, optimization and improvement of the game. Also, posts need to be strictly on topic.

From now on, this policy will be strictly enforced and any posts that do not conform will be deleted.

I'm deciding whether it's worth the time to get involved with your discussion with yourself and at everyone else by responding to the rest of your post. I'm leaning against it. I'm sure you can argue against whatever caricature of me you choose to create without my participation anyhow.

This Post:
270734.12 in reply to 270734.11
Date: 5/29/2015 12:11:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
"We are losing our Basketball sim"

You're welcome to join in the conversation constructively any time you choose, instread of threatening to block someone from the forums. A good example might go a long way.

Here's one place you could start if you disagree with my points: "Clearly a large number of users are disappointed in the change in FA and feel deceived. That is why so many "bugs" are being reported and you have to close thread after thread to try to discourage conversation of this disastrous change. You can say "It reads to me that older players are much more likely to not to go to FA, while younger ones will," but it obviously is not working that way in example after example after example after example after example after example ..."

Or here: "The change could have gone in one of two ways: (1) reduce FA's, make TA players ever more expensive, increase the profit of experienced managers who train and then sell players, ignore strategies to win games, ignore inexperienced managers who are trying to win games, ignore competitive balance, raise training young players to the apex of importance ... or, (2) add the necessary FA's to bring down the cost of transfer players, giving all levels of team a better choice of ways to develop rosters and win games, enhancing competition at all divisional levels, generally creating a more balanced competitive basketball sim, raising the importance of strategies to win games to the apex."

At least I'm trying to address the matters on their merits, not just issuing threats.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 5/29/2015 12:18:44 AM

This Post:
270734.13 in reply to 270734.12
Date: 5/29/2015 12:24:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In another thread Marin said this:
Our intent is only to improve the game and with it our users' experience while playing it. Why anyone would think otherwise is beyond me.

I can accept that. The only problem is he is making a training game, one in which the apex achievement is training up young players and selling them, and I thought this was a game about winning basketball games. Well, now I've learned differently.

This Post:
270734.15 in reply to 270734.10
Date: 5/29/2015 4:11:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So instead of whining about the changes we should start to investigate how the new rules are working. But this seems to be more difficult than crying out loud. Or why does nobody do this kind of work?

Because we have no way to influence the results. I honestly don't give a flying **** about how free agency works, as long as the "right" players end up in the market.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
270734.17 in reply to 270734.9
Date: 5/29/2015 7:53:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I dislike is how things are presented by BB-Marin and I understand why it makes the discussion difficult between both parties, detrimental to those who stay calm or silent.
Here, I corrected it for you, it goes both ways. So if you want a discussion and you don't want people to criticise and use sarcasm, you need to be able to listen and you should also have the decency of dropping the arrogant attitude and be coherent in what you say every now and then (we're generous, see? we don't even ask him to be coherent all the time).

By the way, the results of my analysis about the mess and the lies is coming so brace yourself.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/29/2015 7:58:25 AM

This Post:
270734.19 in reply to 270734.18
Date: 5/29/2015 9:18:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, did he not say this?
The result was that most free agents have turned out to be old and, in borderline cases, mono-skilled players. Young, high potential players, with a broader range of skills were forever lost. Therefore, we decided replace the current system
He has clearly justified the change with an old vs young argument. And nobody in his right mind reading this news statement can think that fewer young players are going bot than before he changed the system.

So he either thinks we're all stupid and illiterate or he doesn't know what's going on or he was lying. Since I don't think we are all incapable of understanding the news message and he also arrogantly confirmed multiple times that everything is working as he wants it to, then the logical conclusion is that the last option is true, don't you think?

Or you tell me how you can explain the statement above with the absolute confirmation that he wanted the following players to retire (when they wouldn't have in the previous system):
(29666417)
(30867630)
(30064978)
(32713324)
(30274454)
(33498370)
(30030002)

I get messages time to time or when I discuss with users that we are being too lenient on the moderation. It's probably true. After all, your message and my answer shouldn't be in that thread who is tangentially about the lack of clarity about FA (did anyone notice I was disagreeing with Marin here on the topic or it's put under the rug ?).
Between you and Marin the difference is "legendary". And it's not just you: that applies to Manon, hrudey and other less active GMs on the forums...

PS I have the data on age, potential, salary of players who have retired or are playing for bots in the first 4 weeks of the season.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/29/2015 9:22:56 AM

This Post:
270734.20 in reply to 270734.12
Date: 5/29/2015 9:24:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
"We are losing our Basketball sim"

You're welcome to join in the conversation constructively any time you choose, instread of threatening to block someone from the forums. A good example might go a long way.

Well, you hooked me.

Just to be clear, there were three threads from 5/21 through 5/28 closed in the Bugs thread that ended with you going off-topic and trying to turn that thread into your personal complaint forum to BB-Marin about the new FA policy. He told you explicitly in the first message that it was not the place for the discussion. The second thread got closed silently after multiple users had already pointed this out to you, and then the third thread was closed by me because you yet again had decided that you felt you had the right to use that as your discussion forum.

Now, honestly, I think I did make a mistake of not counting Marin's explicit message to you about that as a warning and counting your activity in the two subsequent threads as repeatedly violating that warning. And I probably should have given you a forum ban for that, or at least applied an official warning, which you will note still has not happened. But since you clearly did not understand, if you want to consider it a threat or a reminder of the rules of the forums which you've ignored previously, please understand that you will not use the Bugs forum as the place for venting your frustrations about the course of the game or there will be consequences.

Now I am going to say a few more words, and then hopefully be done with this thread. Likely I will be done with you personally as well, as while you have every right to strike the same key on the piano over and over and over, I would much rather pay attention to someone who has discovered that the other 87 exist as well.

Here's one place you could start if you disagree with my points: "Clearly a large number of users are disappointed in the change in FA and feel deceived. That is why so many "bugs" are being reported and you have to close thread after thread to try to discourage conversation of this disastrous change.

You mistake volume for quantity. Look at the three closed threads again and look how many people actually complained - two threads were people asking about players not going to FA, being told that they didn't meet the new criteria, and being disappointed but that was it. The other was a question about a player not being able to be added to the NT because the team went bot, which was related to the issue. But pretty much the whole "large number of users" who are disappointed were instead posts by Grullo in one thread, Lemonshine in another thread, and you in all three.

At least I'm trying to address the matters on their merits, not just issuing threats.

The issue here, in my opinion, is that this game does not do precisely what you want it to do, feel it should, and consider that the development of the game should be made to appease you and if you misunderstand the intent, you are being lied to. The only things I can say are that you know where the suggestions forum is. If you have suggestions about what the game should be, feel free to empty yourself of them there where they belong. You know where the global forum is. If you have thoughts about the state of the game as it is and where it is going, feel free to empty yourself of them there where they belong. You know where the bugs forum is. If you have legitimate bugs to report and can do so within the rules of the forum, feel free to empty yourself of them there where they belong. If none of the avenues seem likely to get you the game you want, there are plenty of game development and design resources I'd be happy to link you to.

Oh, and make sure you remember that discussion of staff decisions is forbidden, and that some GMs enforce that as written.

This Post:
270734.21 in reply to 270734.15
Date: 5/29/2015 9:33:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well tomorrow, Marin could come out with something similar for the TL.

He can announce that in order to improve the liquidity of the transfer market managers are not allowed to set an initial price and the initial prices is determined on a numbers of parameters that are not up for discussion and are a secret you need to figure out on your own.

What really happens is that the automatic starting price is now set in a range between $3-$15 million.

It would be the same nonsense. He says something that most people would agree with (we want to improve the liquidity of the transfer market, we want to save young players) then he implements something that has the opposite effect of the stated purpose.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/29/2015 10:05:43 AM

Advertisement