Show messages by

This Post:
285826.11 in reply to 285826.10
Date: 3/19/2017 12:29:14 PM
ES Arnould
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
(Edited, due to phone autocompletion)

Same here, i'm shocked that boycott goes on from one season to another.
IRL, when teams make some movement during season end, fans come back.
At least at first game, just to see if their team deserve it this season...

By the way, I have to endure boycott + no games at home since one month (last season ended with two games away, and started this one away). I also found this unfair, but that's random.

I think boycott is a good thing against tanking.
But if a team tries to stop it, you should not blame it anymore on new season.
That's not what happens IRL. Especially if you do not take into account wins !
See an example of a team struggling half of a season, then suddenly started to win 4 in a row.
Be sure that next home game attendance will be maxed (or so). Everyone would like to see this change.
With the current system, assuming you have max boycott(20% last season), you have to wait for 7 games (for 20%, or 10 for 30%) at home before bringing things back to normal.

Plus one question to end this, that is not at all explained (or I have misred?) What about cup games? Same thing IRL, a team that is struggling in championship but that is good in cup keeps its fans...
Are cup games taken into account?
If you play at home in cup, does it decreases boycott?

thanks for answering

Last edited by Tuck at 3/19/2017 12:43:49 PM

To: Tuck
This Post:
285826.12 in reply to 285826.11
Date: 3/20/2017 9:24:06 AM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
We don't reset it in the offseason because then it would make no sense to even detect it for the last third of the season, it would have no effect.

We are in agreement that wins should reduce the percentage more than losses. Once we decide on the exact implementation, we'll code it in.

Cup games are ignored in this case, as this is a measure completely aimed at preventing league tanking.

This Post:
285826.13 in reply to 285826.12
Date: 3/20/2017 10:09:49 AM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
We don't reset it in the offseason because then it would make no sense to even detect it for the last third of the season, it would have no effect.

So if a team has tanked the last third of the previous season and going into the new season, has spent 20mil in buying players, builds the highest salaries team in its league and wins every game in the beginning of the season, it will still be boycotted by the fans, for the first third of the season...
Makes no sense whatsoever.

Furthermore, for tanking teams that do relegate, there was already an attendance penalty because of demotion, so the fan boycott is reduntant in that case also, for the first third of the new season.

Last edited by maddoghellas at 3/20/2017 10:15:59 AM

This Post:
285826.14 in reply to 285826.12
Date: 3/20/2017 12:38:18 PM
ES Arnould
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
We are in agreement that wins should reduce the percentage more than losses. Once we decide on the exact implementation, we'll code it in.

And give money compensation to teams that won games while suffering boycott before this new version of code ?

This Post:
285826.15 in reply to 285826.13
Date: 3/20/2017 1:27:43 PM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Yes the team will be boycotted, as he deserves to be boycotted because of the tanking. Spending the money after you were tanking shouldn't really get you a free pass to do it, you must live with the consequences.

There is no redundancy because of the relegation, as normal teams that don't tank also suffer the same penalty.

To: Tuck
This Post:
285826.16 in reply to 285826.14
Date: 3/20/2017 1:29:03 PM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
No, that is not retroactive. This is why we will most probably introduce it at the allstar break or after the first third of the season is complete.

This Post:
285826.17 in reply to 285826.15
Date: 3/20/2017 1:51:40 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Spending the money after you were tanking shouldn't really get you a free pass to do it, you must live with the consequences.

Βut the same consequences will apply to the team, even if it had spent 20mil and maintained the highest salary payroll the season before, but just lost all its third part of the season matches due to GS/injuries/bad managing/better opponents/inability to login etc.
Next season it will be boycotted for tanking(!!!), regardless of whether it's been demoted or not!!!!
And it deserves to be boycotted...for tanking(!!!)????

This Post:
285826.18 in reply to 285826.17
Date: 3/20/2017 5:25:19 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk

If you spend 20 mil first and then still loose all your games then you're doing something wrong. Also since the boycot penalty depends on money you have in your bank account I assume this hypothetical person has another 5 to 20 mil in the bank and therefore feels the boycot so heavily.

Instead of this very unlikely hypothetical I prefer to see the measure for who it is meant to target which is the people that tank and who still have a very full bank account (low savings means low penalty).

Now the suggestion on reducing the penalty as soon as the team start winning (maybe even being completely gone after a third win?) is a good suggestion! This way the team has still felt some effect of the tanking but is rewarded for starting to win.

As for the promotion demotion change, I'm looking forward to some extra excitement in our top division and higher turnover between the divisions.

As for the nickname change, not very interesting to me but if it's a small and quick implementation it's worth it since I think some people will enjoy it. I'm assuming this didn't take weeks to work on

Salaries, based on the other thread the differentiation between players with very good or bad secondary skills seemed a bit smaller than expected.

Better starting player for new teams, Yes! Give those teams as much as an advantage to start with as possible since it takes a long time to catch up (maybe too long)

Nations merger, this has been the most often repeated request by some managers on this forum. Great to see it being tried out in an experiment. The lower amount of good draft picks per nationality is not ideal but I for one see this as the BBs trying to improve on micro nations and support that attempt.

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
This Post:
285826.19 in reply to 285826.18
Date: 3/20/2017 5:45:21 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:
If you spend 20 mil first and then still loose all your games then you're doing something wrong.

Not necessarily. Maybe yes, maybe no.
But what you're certainly not doing is...TANKING.
And guess what you're getting penalized for...
Yep!

This Post:
285826.20 in reply to 285826.19
Date: 3/20/2017 5:50:38 PM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
Can you link me to a few players that spend 20 mil on players and then lost all games after that (and didn't lose on purpose)?

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
This Post:
285826.21 in reply to 285826.17
Date: 3/22/2017 4:22:52 PM
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Βut the same consequences will apply to the team, even if it had spent 20mil and maintained the highest salary payroll the season before, but just lost all its third part of the season matches due to GS/injuries/bad managing/better opponents/inability to login etc.
Wait, if the money is already spent, then the penalty is low, right? The penalty is calculated only at the end of the final third.

Advertisement