This Post:
288425.11 in reply to 288425.10
Date: 7/10/2017 11:42:25 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
As long as most of your players have highish stamina you can get away with one or two lower stamina players. I bought players during my time playing fcp and though they must have dropped off a bit as the game went on the high levels of the other players seemed to cover it. I would agree with Nachtmahr though, minimum 7 and ideally you want 9.

Certainly I think you'd walk away with D2 with those levels of skills and certainly be able to compete in D1.

This Post:
288425.12 in reply to 288425.11
Date: 7/10/2017 1:23:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As long as most of your players have highish stamina you can get away with one or two lower stamina players. I bought players during my time playing fcp and though they must have dropped off a bit as the game went on the high levels of the other players seemed to cover it. I would agree with Nachtmahr though, minimum 7 and ideally you want 9.

Certainly I think you'd walk away with D2 with those levels of skills and certainly be able to compete in D1.

I may have to give it a try in four or five seasons once I've trained the defensive bigs to go with my misfit guards. It'll probably take two full seasons to train the stamina up from negative eleventeen to a high enough value, but FCP is the one time where I'd say having stamina on a player is a benefit rather than a detriment.

This Post:
288425.14 in reply to 288425.13
Date: 7/12/2017 2:17:03 PM
Berlin Street Style
Bundesliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Interesting thread... I'm about to let my team use fcp as the main defense starting next week. Just one more week of stamina training and all starters (and backups) should have at least 8 ST.
I don't have a true C either. Just a bunch of hybrid SF/PF players which make up my front court. OD is no lower than 12. SB/ID is quite high on average as well. I'm really looking forward to see the results.

This Post:
288425.15 in reply to 288425.1
Date: 7/25/2017 4:12:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Although I wasn't planning to use FCP until the next season because of the need of some stamina training, today I decided to use it against an opponent that has very low offensive flow: (96980531)

Here are my implications:

1) I think with 80-90% probability, I would win this match if I used a normal tactic. But I don't think I would win that easily. The match was already over at the end of first half.

2) Opponent had 32 turnovers!

3) My starting 5 had around level 5 stamina and my ratings were devastated. But ratings of my opponent were also devastated as a result of FCP.

4) My SB skills are nothing special but I didn't see any positive total blocked shots in that match.

All in all, I'm happy with what I saw in that specific match. I should be ready to use it regularly after 1 all star break + 2 off-season stamina trainings.

This Post:
288425.17 in reply to 288425.16
Date: 7/25/2017 6:20:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ratings are lower because your starters played fewer minutes. Worse players on court gives worse ratings.

That's also a factor but it should be a minor one. Because there are not much difference between my starters and bench players.

Message deleted
This Post:
288425.19 in reply to 288425.15
Date: 7/26/2017 1:21:13 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I found my ratings were about 10% lower using fcp compared to other defences, regardless of minutes played by starters. Also its an away game which again has a small effect.

3) My starting 5 had around level 5 stamina and my ratings were devastated. But ratings of my opponent were also devastated as a result of FCP.

Likely your opponent had worse stamina than you, though he did ok in the 4th quarter. But I do believe your opponent tires because of your use of fcp, even though he used patient. Speaking of which, his slow offence didn't really help him did it? That's good to see.

This Post:
288425.20 in reply to 288425.19
Date: 7/26/2017 1:53:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Likely your opponent had worse stamina than you, though he did ok in the 4th quarter. But I do believe your opponent tires because of your use of fcp, even though he used patient. Speaking of which, his slow offence didn't really help him did it? That's good to see.

When the team's offensive flow is so poor as to be maybe half of the pressing team's team OD (an assumption on my part since garbage time was involved), a slow offense is not going to help significantly unless the goal is trying to burn time when you don't turn it over so you have fewer chances to turn it over.

This Post:
288425.21 in reply to 288425.19
Date: 7/26/2017 3:15:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I found my ratings were about 10% lower using fcp compared to other defences, regardless of minutes played by starters. Also its an away game which again has a small effect.

Well I'm not sure. My BB knowledge is limited regarding how fast should be played but considering real life basketball I'd rather playing faster against teams that use FCP. :)

Advertisement