Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
323628.11 in reply to 323628.4
Date: 06/05/2024 09:53:10
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Regarding the youth team, I'll continue discussing it in (323660.5).

This Post:
323628.12 in reply to 323628.2
Date: 06/06/2024 11:06:08
Jack Sparrow
IV.58
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the match between first-year players against second-year players would be very unbalanced. A year of training top-level players understanding that it would be a level difference that would be very difficult to bridge. Although if it's for the show I see it fine.

This Post:
323628.13 in reply to 323628.1
Date: 06/13/2024 04:55:12
Eesti kaheksajalad
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Meadow Dwellers
Dynamic In-Game Tactics: It would be a game changer if you could change your tactics at halftime or after each quarter while being online and watching the match live. This would motivate players to get online and watch the game while analyzing the opponent. Alternatively, you could adjust the tactics before the game with the coach, who would then change the tactics every quarter or at halftime.

I have been thinking about this a lot. It would be cool to not only change in-game tactics, but to do substitutions by yourself as well. It would be too time-consuming to have every game like that. But what if only a type of games was like that? Like pickup games, private league, cup or BBM. And maybe you could send a challenge to your opponent to have the game be "self-coached" and whether he or she has time to be present at the live game, could accept or decline the challenge. That would be really cool. Especially substitutions which I really enjoyed doing myself while playing basketball video games.

This Post:
323628.15 in reply to 323628.14
Date: 06/13/2024 07:59:48
Eesti kaheksajalad
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Meadow Dwellers
The current game engine is not made for that. They would have to fully rewrite it.

It would be technically difficult I imagine that. But one can dream.

And current Buzzerbeater way of life is not to force people to be there at one point in time to succeed

That's why I wrote that it could only happen with one game type, like pick-up games, that has a "self-coached" option. Or have a challenge feature, so one could decline the option to have a game be "self-coached" and have a regular game instead. So there would be no competitive advantage.

This Post:
323628.16 in reply to 323628.15
Date: 06/13/2024 08:10:14
Eesti kaheksajalad
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Meadow Dwellers
Imagine a big finals game coming up, which everyone wants to see and the participants have made time for it. Also they have opted it to be "self-coached" and are duking it out man-on-man, hand-to-hand, keyboard virtuoso self-substitution, self-tactics adjusted, changed when the team falls behind style.

This Post:
323628.18 in reply to 323628.17
Date: 06/14/2024 03:21:14
Eesti kaheksajalad
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Meadow Dwellers
then let only a select few make use of it

Why only a select few? Everyone could use that option.

I don´t know how difficult making a "self-coach" option would be, but video games have that and technology is constantly evolving, maybe someday, it wouldn´t be so unthinkable. We don´t know how much it would change tha game engine so at first it could be tested with private leagues for example.

This Post:
323628.20 in reply to 323628.19
Date: 06/14/2024 04:29:44
Eesti kaheksajalad
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Meadow Dwellers
The GE would literally need to be rewritten in its entirety for the option you are proposing. Right now, the results are already determined once the match "starts" in the viewer. The way the GE works is entirely incompatible with this option. This would be reason enough to treat this idea as something that is surely not feasible at all for actual implementation in the short-term (or medium-term, tbh). It would require financial investment and HR planning, for example. In that sense, it wouldn't matter at all if it were tested in PL games at first because this wouldn't make the whole operation less complex at all.

I don´t know enough about the technical aspects of that so I won´t comment on it.

Apart from that, I strongly agree with Perpete that being online a lot shouldn't be a requirement for success in BB. This "self-coach" option necessitates it.

About that one I disagree since you could always decline the "self-coach" challenge. There would be no extra time spent for BB at all if you don´t want to. There would be for example like 20 games played the old style and 5 games coached by yourself in a league season if you want to. Some team would have it 25-0, maybe some enthusiasts 15 games the old style and 10 coached by themselves. I don´t see how any of those example teams would get a competitive advantage or a disadvantage.

Advertisement