This Post:
324393.11 in reply to 324393.1
Date: 6/28/2024 1:02:07 PM
C.B. Paralímpicos
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Paralinaikos
Hey everyone, while all efforts are directed to converting the code of BB, we have our attention on changing the salary formulas who hasn't been updated for ages.
We aim to make the salary formulas reflect the skills that are trained for our BB players and how they affect their performance. So Guards skill will reflect more what Guards primarily do, for example - having good Shooting and Passing abilities. You should still be able to create guards with great Inside Shot (for example) but an elite inside shot skill should reflect in the salary. Having a Center with Legendary outside defense in real basketball would reflect in Salary too. Compared to a C who can't defend the perimeter.

- Since this topic requires close attention to every small detail that can affect any training plan of our BB managers who train and plan forward years ahead - we will give plenty of time ahead to prepare for any changes to come (so don't worry about that).

In this thread we're looking for your feedback of what do you think needs to be changed in the current salary formulas, let me show you few examples:

- Inside Shot is a skill that currently cost NOTHING in our PG SG and SF formulas. This will be changed.
- Outside Defense is a skill that currently cost NOTHING in our PF and C formulas. This will be changed.
- Outside defense as a whole is a skill that is too cheap in our PG SG and SF formulas.

This thread is for you to give us feedback over what skills in your eyes needs an update, how much do you think we should change it, should we make it a lot more expensive or just a little bit more expensive?
And since we aim that salaries will stay about the same, what skills should we make cheaper? How much cheaper?

Please focus about that and not about when it will happen or things related to the implementation itself (we will ask your opinion about that later 😉 )

I understand all these changes and accept them, but there is one thing that worries me: how much time do we have to prepare for this.

Many managers are currently building their teams understanding that these skills were free and training their players considering that. If there is going to be a big change in the salary formulas, all their training work during seven, eight or nine seasons (two or three years in reality) will be useless or at least they will not get a benefit from other managers that were not paying attention to those aspects.

As an example, many seasons ago I started a project around an 18 years old player with the idea of becoming a dominant team in Spain. When my player was 20 or 21, the game introduced, without advising, a huge change in training: new buildings and new youth trainers. When my players were 31-32 years old they reached 150SOS, witch was something AMAZING regarding that they never had the opportunity to train with a youth trainer or use the gym during their first 3-4 seasons. At the same time, players with 28-29 years old were reaching easily 155-160SOS, and it was almost imposible to beat them with my players, that just few seasons before would have been extremely dominant.

Please, consider that many players make big efforts to understand how to play the game in the most efficient way according to these kind of circumstances and that all that effort (sometimes years of careful planification) might be lost with these changes. I understand that is very difficult to be fair with everyone, but at least provide us clear information to planify and prepare for everything.

This Post:
324393.12 in reply to 324393.6
Date: 6/28/2024 1:03:18 PM
Jack Sparrow
IV.58
Overall Posts Rated:
To indicate what and how much to raise or lower, we should be clear at what level each one is exactly now in each position.
I think.

I don't know if that information is available or where.

(160760.16)

Thank you. This data is taken from Buzzer Manager, but is it reliable and verified with the current behavior of the game?

This Post:
324393.13 in reply to 324393.1
Date: 6/28/2024 1:15:05 PM
C.B. Paralímpicos
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Paralinaikos
By the way, will this affect to the training cap of the players?

Last edited by dsanch at 6/28/2024 1:17:31 PM

This Post:
324393.14 in reply to 324393.12
Date: 6/28/2024 1:22:24 PM
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
To indicate what and how much to raise or lower, we should be clear at what level each one is exactly now in each position.
I think.

I don't know if that information is available or where.

(160760.16)

Thank you. This data is taken from Buzzer Manager, but is it reliable and verified with the current behavior of the game?

In my experience it's very close. You will sometimes see a difference between a player's estimated salary and their actual salary, but that can be due to high sub-levels or players being trained (as the salary only updates once per season).

This Post:
324393.15 in reply to 324393.10
Date: 6/28/2024 2:11:17 PM
Súria Lakers
IV.27
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
Hey everyone, while all efforts are directed to converting the code of BB, we have our attention on changing the salary formulas who hasn't been updated for ages.
We aim to make the salary formulas reflect the skills that are trained for our BB players and how they affect their performance.

Hi Alonso,
I do not see you in charge of anything, just as a normal user (no CM, no GM, no EGM, no BB … whatever 🤷‍♂️)

Who is „We“?

That's what I, along with other managers, have asked for on Discord, without receiving a response. In fact I asked him directly 3 days ago by BB-Mail, but I'm still waiting for a response.

I'm also fascinated by the ease with which he talks about "WE", but no one seems to know what role he plays in the game. In fact, no one knew what he did exactly as a "CM" either.

I must be a weirdo, but it doesn't seem that difficult to answer a simple question like that, as well as knowing exactly how true someone's messages are without a "suffix" or why it seems like he can know details of the game in advance.
If due to the change of ownership, he becomes part of the game staff, that's fine with me, but shouldn't it be informed?

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
324393.16 in reply to 324393.15
Date: 6/28/2024 2:49:48 PM
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
As diplomatically as I can write it, I am not a big friend of having discussions about a topic (which already has been suggested multiple times and discussed exessively) again on a different channel (discord) and/or trying to give it an official character by naming the thread „[official]“ … That’s like crowning myself king.

@alonso: i think the question is legit 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by LA-flaterik123 at 6/28/2024 3:07:45 PM

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
324393.19 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 3:57:22 PM
NakamichiDragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Little Computer People
Hey!
You can consider me part of the staff. I do not have any specific role or a tag. Hopefully that clears this out!

No.

As long as there is nothing officially „official“ announced (that you are part of the staff), please be reserved with: „official“, we, us … but feel free to suggest innovations which can improve the game we love.

Last edited by LA-flaterik123 at 6/28/2024 4:12:05 PM

founded in S3 IV.5 (34234) - returned in S28 IV.7 (34515)
This Post:
324393.20 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 4:18:46 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Hey!
You can consider me part of the staff. I do not have any specific role or a tag. Hopefully that clears this out!

No, absolutly not. If you are part of something, you have tasks, responsibilities and competences. Even a janitor has them, so stop the fairy telling.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 6/28/2024 4:20:19 PM

This Post:
324393.21 in reply to 324393.18
Date: 6/28/2024 4:29:58 PM
In honorem Heinrici II.
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bamberg Gladiators
Perhaps I consider you as the person responsible for moving the discussion from the forum to the infantile chat platform discord, so that there are now, quite unnecessarily, two places for parallel discussions in which different people and possibly also different (interest) groups are active?

Last edited by Shadow at 6/28/2024 4:31:31 PM

Derrick "Daddy Cool" Taylor - unvergessen
Advertisement