Suggestions > Chemistry

Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41991.11 in reply to 41991.10
Date: 8/29/2008 7:11:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He's not talking about personal chemistry. He's talking about team chemistry.

IMHO, this would add a positive dimension to the game. It would provide an incentive to keep the same core together instead of rebuilding every month, because let's face it, that's not realistic. It would force managers to choose between team experience or breaking up your unit for long-term improvement.

It will also make the game next to unplayable for new teams who have to develop relatively rapidly.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
41991.12 in reply to 41991.11
Date: 8/29/2008 7:30:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He's not talking about personal chemistry. He's talking about team chemistry.

IMHO, this would add a positive dimension to the game. It would provide an incentive to keep the same core together instead of rebuilding every month, because let's face it, that's not realistic. It would force managers to choose between team experience or breaking up your unit for long-term improvement.

It will also make the game next to unplayable for new teams who have to develop relatively rapidly.

Nobody said chemistry had to be massive advantage. Every new team has to rebuild regardless, and they're usually not supposed to be that successful early on. They're also not the only ones having to frequently revamp their roster.

Last edited by Vos at 8/29/2008 7:30:53 PM

This Post:
41991.13 in reply to 41991.12
Date: 8/29/2008 7:33:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They're also not the only ones having to frequently revamp their roster.

Actually it's almost universally true that lower-league teams, if managed correctly, will revamp their roster exponentially more often than a well-established DI team.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/29/2008 7:33:30 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
41991.14 in reply to 41991.13
Date: 8/29/2008 7:38:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They're also not the only ones having to frequently revamp their roster.

Actually it's almost universally true that lower-league teams, if managed correctly, will revamp their roster exponentially more often than a well-established DI team.

That's why new players start out in lower-leagues, so that they can get a chance to develop before getting promoted.

To: Vos
This Post:
41991.15 in reply to 41991.12
Date: 8/29/2008 7:39:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but they have to rebuild their rooster to compete ;)

And i think rebuilding makes fun, and for me this game should make fun and most not a simulation. For example training is unrealistic, but the way it is it makes fun it keeps you manging your teams minute etc.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 8/29/2008 7:41:08 PM

This Post:
41991.16 in reply to 41991.14
Date: 8/29/2008 7:41:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's why new players start out in lower-leagues, so that they can get a chance to develop before getting promoted.

Actually quite a major part of the said development takes place after promotion with the help of the promotion bonus money.

This Post:
41991.17 in reply to 41991.16
Date: 8/29/2008 7:45:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Actually quite a major part of the said development takes place after promotion with the help of the promotion bonus money.

But these "unbeatable teams with high chemistry" you speak of would also have been promoted to a higher division. The fact of the matter is, chemistry will be a choice that not every manager, new or old, is going to emphasize.

This Post:
41991.18 in reply to 41991.17
Date: 8/29/2008 7:49:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But these "unbeatable teams with high chemistry" you speak of would also have been promoted to a higher division. The fact of the matter is, chemistry will be a choice that not every manager, new or old, is going to emphasize.

I don't remember mentioning any unbeatable teams with high chemistry.

On the other hand, promoting teams will be disadvantaged because they will have to restructure in order to meet the demands of a stronger division. So it makes very little sense to implement a measure that will hurt teams that are already supposedly weaker than the competition.

Moreover, like it or not, this game thrives on an active transfer market. As long as teams do not use this to make excessive profit, the more players are offered, the better.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/29/2008 7:50:15 PM

This Post:
41991.19 in reply to 41991.18
Date: 8/29/2008 10:00:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On the other hand, promoting teams will be disadvantaged because they will have to restructure in order to meet the demands of a stronger division. So it makes very little sense to implement a measure that will hurt teams that are already supposedly weaker than the competition.

actually trying to meet those demands of a stronger division is the beauty of the challenge, the drama of the competition. being newly promoted makes it more difficult for that team at the start to compete on a higher division which makes it sweeter. especially now with all this legal holdup we are recieving!

all in all, we need to improve our team every season but as our australian gm said never under-estimate the game itself. i dont have the powerful center and power forwards other teams has but what makes my offense tick is not because my guards are all powerful ( imagine highest i have is 14k agaisnt other more higher) but my big men possess skills such as passing.

im not saying im all knowing, but adding another dimension such as this would make the course of how we play again change. we would see players that are selfish, entertaining, coach potato, bully, normal etc

This Post:
41991.20 in reply to 41991.13
Date: 8/30/2008 3:06:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I don't know whether this is wrong or right but a statement as smug as this one needs proof.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
41991.21 in reply to 41991.20
Date: 8/30/2008 8:21:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I don't know whether this is wrong or right but a statement as smug as this one needs proof.

A well-managed lower division team has space to rise up the ladder, which increases their income. As their income increases, they face the financial capacity to upgrade the roster, and the necessity to do so in order to match up with the stronger teams they find at lower levels. As opposed to this, in the long run all established DI teams will be running at their financial limit, so it will be hard and indeed unnecessary to revamp the roster.

I am not sure this statement is 'smug' or why it needs some sort of an elaborate 'proof'. It is simple application of common sense and it should be pretty obvious to see its logic.

Advertisement