Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
689.11 in reply to 689.10
Date: 8/11/2007 7:34:53 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
so you have used SFDC? or you are saying that LCD now seems to do what you think SFDC should.. and you have no real impression of whether SFDC is good or bad....

i think I need to examine how LCD works on a screwed up depth chart.

This Post:
689.12 in reply to 689.11
Date: 8/11/2007 9:42:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

so you have used SFDC?

I used in a couple friendlies.. seems ok (i would drop the blow out rule on this though..)

or you are saying that LCD now seems to do what you think SFDC should..

yes, I have been using LCD on league games and it seems to do what SFDC should, maybe with the diference that the coach would keep the hot-hand players on the floor (not that I felt that, but I know from you guys that that is suppose to be happening). But that's with a good depth chart set. No players have played outside of their positions, ehich is good. I'm very pleased.

i think I need to examine how LCD works on a screwed up depth chart.

yep, maybe u should do that.

This Post:
689.13 in reply to 689.12
Date: 8/11/2007 9:52:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Anyway, maybe there is a way to implement what domenico and some others suggested without losing any of the hard-work and cool things that you guys have implemented so far. We would have three options.

Coach interference on Substitutions:

High: Coach follows the formula based on the DC, skills and in-game stamina, with the aditional features that: he keeps on the floor the players on fire, replaces the ones in foul trouble, and follows the blow out rule. (normal LCD that we have now)

Low: Coach follows the formula based on the DC, skills and in-game stamina, with the aditional features that: he replaces the ones in foul trouble, and follows the blow out rule. (kinda like the SFDC we have now)

None: Coach follows the formula based on the DC, skills and in-game stamina, with no the aditional features.

(in all three cases if the DC is incomplete, if a player is ejected, fouled out or injured, the coach should replace him only with one of the other players listed for the same position on the DC. In case he was the only one for that position left, then the coach tries any reserves of the other positions)

ps: i might be forgetting a few features the coach has, but they can be properly distributed in High and Low.