Changes in Season 10

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
93604.11 in reply to 93604.10
Date: 6/2/2009 7:46:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody wants to watch a basketball game in a giant football stadium

Then what is considered an acceptable stadium size?

capping 40K?
or 30K?

I cannot imagine at 20K; since then alot of people would like to downsize their arena; which result in a cash increase; hence inflation.

So how would it be clear for the people who built 20K up; that is is no longer viable to expand?

I fear if there is no clearer answer the expansion button wont be touched by ANYone in BB this season. Which causes again the inflation.

I really like the flexibility of the arena expansion which makes this game a bit more interesting then just train train train.....So I sincerly hope the arena button wont be a button I will never touch again...like the investing in draft button..:D

Last edited by GM-Rijswijker at 6/2/2009 7:49:34 AM

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
93604.12 in reply to 93604.11
Date: 6/2/2009 10:02:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I cannot imagine at 20K; since then alot of people would like to downsize their arena; which result in a cash increase; hence inflation.

Some inflation but probably not all that much. A very small % of teams in BB have larger than 20k stadiums, so even if everyone reduced to 20k it would likely be a small blip on the TL, and probably only on the best players on the list.

Overall, I think this was a very clever way to deal with an arena problem that was getting out of control. Nobody loses out either, and those that invested in stadiums that will soon be too big have a nice savings account to dip into.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
93604.13 in reply to 93604.12
Date: 6/2/2009 11:32:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Overall, I think this was a very clever way to deal with an arena problem that was getting out of control. Nobody loses out either, and those that invested in stadiums that will soon be too big have a nice savings account to dip into.

It seems like another way to separate the little guy from the big guy

From the front page-
Starting at the all star break this year, every league will be negotiating its TV contract independently, and leagues in larger divisions or with more superstars will be able to make deals with larger TV networks, making it possible for more people to follow their team from the comfort of their home

Does larger mean higher? Like division I? If so this seems to help create more separation between divisions. It would be hard enough to promote to the top as it is, but now we feed more cash to the top managers in the higher divisions.

@ all
I also dont understand the fascination with incentive for teams that play players from thier own country. This is an international game, why the subtle segregation?

This Post:
93604.15 in reply to 93604.13
Date: 6/2/2009 12:08:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
@ all
I also dont understand the fascination with incentive for teams that play players from thier own country. This is an international game, why the subtle segregation?

Makes sense to me;look at Xavi and Iniesta Valdes; they are local heroes at Barcelona.It is pretty difficult to succeed at a top team; let alone one player from local. So if this guy indeed succeed in playing regular furst team. I can imagine people would want that to wear that jersey; aside from the supergreat Messi and Henry..

Another note; BB did not mention you are getting less from now..Only you will be getting more if indeed you would have a local hero...

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
93604.16 in reply to 93604.15
Date: 6/2/2009 12:12:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You forgot Puyol an Pique:) You are right I was afraid this is going to be increase in foreign players salaries but increase in revenues is more acceptable.

Last edited by profit007 at 6/2/2009 12:15:06 PM

This Post:
93604.17 in reply to 93604.11
Date: 6/2/2009 2:10:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody wants to watch a basketball game in a giant football stadium

Then what is considered an acceptable stadium size?

capping 40K?
or 30K?

The highest capacity arena in the NBA is the United Center at 21,000. The highest capacity in the NCAA is the 33,000 Carrier Dome at Syracuse University.

I have trouble imagining the existence of a basketball arena beyond 35k anywhere in the world, even less so of one that fills up regularly -- though I might of course be wrong.

And of course, there is nothing in the last news post saying BB will be precisely calibrated to any of these numbers -- but if I had to guess, I'd say more than 35,000 is probably too large.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
93604.18 in reply to 93604.14
Date: 6/2/2009 2:13:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
would you give us the chanche to see/test the changes in the ökonomie, so that we see for example the future visit or arena revernue and merchandizing?

Advertisement