BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.110 in reply to 32764.97
Date: 6/3/2008 11:14:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Forgive me if Im wrong but technically MLB didnt outlaw steroids in MLB until 2002 and didnt even start handing out suspensions until 2005. Before 2002 I seem to remember a lot of good normal looking baseball players turn into simean foreheaded freaks of nature hitting jacking long balls all day long. Technically were steroids wrong in baseball? No. An actual court of law may have something to say but the MLB didnt.

So Barry Bon....errr...King drive, lemme hang a star next to your last seasons championship...while Im at it Giambi..errr..Juice-pats (how fitting), and Cansec...I mean Stogey....have fun in your world where yeah sure TECHNICALLY you are right, its not wrong, but its amazing how quickly the mighty fell off once the jig was up and the juice was out....Much like the US in the Global arena last season.

Sure in this game theres not rule against mutual TIE, but in the eyes of the rest of us, lets just put that asterisk next to your names and call it good eh?

This Post:
32764.111 in reply to 32764.107
Date: 6/3/2008 11:15:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Agreeing to mutually take it easy with some league members, while using the stored enthusiasm to pummel other league members, is dishonest. It puts the team not part of the agreement at a disadvantage. They have to look at a team, look at how important the game is vs the strength of the team they are playing and make a tactical decision.

It also puts members of other countries who do not have this agreement in place with opponents in the same kind of disadvantage that is not in the spirit of an individual, not team driven, competition.

You know the dictionary. Im guessing by your tag and your team name you graduated from Wake Forest. I hope you took a class on ethics somewhere along the line.

This Post:
32764.115 in reply to 32764.112
Date: 6/3/2008 11:38:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No you hit my points pretty well. All I was saying is you being honest came out with the fact you mutually arranged games. You stated it's not illegal and don't see a problem with it. The teams in the NBBA when first accused then asked the same question tried to justify what they do instead of speaking out about it. I read the suggestive post back when it was posted and felt this TIE/CT should of been taken out of the game until the defined the levels BB wanted to reach was attained.

Your absolutely right on about it being a strategic tactic. What burns (and I am sure countless others) is the profit gained by the collusion. This isn't 2 teams we are talking about, but more which makes any success watered down for the sake of preservation.

What really makes me mad is the same group that in some way is involved with our National Team is the same group we are talking about. These are NT assistants that have information to all the American players as gathered by the leader. While I am making no accusations here, where is the limit of this collusion between these teams reach?

This crap become the norm because it's the only way other teams can compete against the establishment. That still doesn't make it right.

This Post:
32764.116 in reply to 32764.113
Date: 6/3/2008 11:42:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are correct to an extent. Medicial steroids are legal in the US and were the EXCUSE of many of these players. How they obtained them, shared them and then LIED about it is what made it wrong.

This Post:
32764.117 in reply to 32764.114
Date: 6/3/2008 11:43:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do have one question.

Several ethics classes? Why would you need so many? :)

This Post:
32764.118 in reply to 32764.114
Date: 6/3/2008 11:50:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its unethical when it creates an unlevel playing field not based on your tactical efforts. To me having a group of people agree to take it easy and build up enthusiasm to use on people not part of the agreement is not right. Other teams may have the option to ask for the take it easy, but may or may not have willfull co-participants.

This is unbalanced and not in any way in my opinion the same as effectively training your team, balancing your roster, budget and stadium. To me its pretty amazing and noteworthy that one of the teams mentioned in this post has had one league game where they did not have the same effort level as their opponent and in that game they got waxed by 40.

I have stated my reasons why I don't agree with the decisions some have made. You can dismiss my reasons for the objection as irrational all you want and the unfortunate truth is until a rule change is made its only a matter of opinion.

Advertisement