Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
216896.114 in reply to 216896.1
Date: 6/23/2012 11:46:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This week cover, a U21 coach

A new coach for U21 let get to it.

1. Congrats on coaching the U21, how is it different from coaching a normal team?

U21: Thanks bro. Really different, U21 is more pressure, need supporting all of the SG rosters managers. Trainers is really important for NT.

2. Any player you can say is ready for NT roster?
U21: This one I am not sure bro. But some rosters are really good basic skill if the trainer will train well all the way they will be shining in their future. My favorite rosters are:
Dong Tian Kwang (21391069)
Chan Hui Jing (21391152)

3. what do you look out for when selecting the player?
U21 Difficult to say this. I selected with overall skill, for outsider OD, JS and Passing is my first choice (if they are good skill of this 3 Handling & Driving are surely not bad.) For insider ID, IS, and Rebounding ( JS & Driving also needed ).
Finally I compare of their Game Shape and Rating. And also their Stamina.

4. For the current supporter you have, how are you going to win back their vote?
U21: Current supporter? You mean for election? I am not sure who will vote for me. I wanna say thanks for believe me and vote for me. I got 8 supporters and myself in last election. I wanna say again "thanks a lot".

5. Other than looking at the Singapore league player, where else you look for player to play for U21?
U21: You mean Singapore rosters playing oversea teams? I am scouting draft history season 16-19.

6. What is your target or goals for this 2 season?
U21 : This season coming Monday game will win our team will surely pass Round 1. I want at least 4th position in second round. Next season I wanna reach tournament bracket.

7. If you spotted a 18yo talent in the team, how will you approach the matter?
U21: I am not good trainer bro. I know my self. But I try to guide for all of our talent. Still I need scout and trainer for our NT. And also still I discuss with Naughty Teacher for training our under 19 years old talent. I need trainer for our U21 NT. Still I am welcome for all trainers.

8. Any last comment you wish to add?
U21: I wish all of SG manager play well and support for training Singapore talent rosters. I hope all the managers will train at least 2 rosters at 1 position. Our NT will be reach soon high level.

Thanks bro flyer... I am not understanding no5 que: my English is not so good.

Best regards, KP

This Post:
216896.115 in reply to 216896.114
Date: 6/25/2012 2:58:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
haha. tml's a big and fun game to watch for me and I'm gg to try some pre-game analysis out. (thanks to NBA.com for the format)

if got anything inaccurate, offensive or anything tt u want me to leave out(eg I accidentally included ur team's secret tactic) do let me know k, I'll edit. my analysis quite cmi oso so if I made mistakes I apologize. mayb I can do for playoff matches too next time.lol

Last edited by big_boss_will at 6/25/2012 2:59:14 AM

This Post:
216896.116 in reply to 216896.115
Date: 6/25/2012 3:09:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tomorrow night the 2 hottest teams in league II.1, Flyer Sonic and NEWBak Ku Teh Kings will square off against each other. SBBL.com (fictional webby, pls don't visit =P) will analysise on what the both teams have to do to avoid their 1st loss of the season.

Flyer Sonic
1. Pounding the ball inside
The main offense used by Sonic throughout the seasons and it has been very effective especially with their 2 superstars Peh Jian Long(PJL) and Li An Wen(LAW). LAW this season has been averaging a career high 18.5 ppg and 11.1 rpg, also a career high. PJL(15.5ppg, 12.4rpg,1.2bpg) is no slouch either and can pick up the slack anytime. Sonic should look to test the kings interior defence throughout the game and exploit any loopholes or even possibly force up a contested shot (hoping for a foul and one) as the talents of LAW and PJL will enable them to do so without dire consequences.

2. Marcell Dobrovits
Marcell Dobrovits is 2nd in the league in assists (8.1apg). Any pick and roll involving Marcell with PJL or LAW will give any teams defensive matchup nightmares even after perfect rotation, NEWBak Ku Kings very much included. Since Kings are locking onto PJL and LAW's post play, Marcell also must set up shooters with his drives and kick out passes. If Flyer Sonic shooters can consistently hit jumpers from Marcell's kick outs this will stretch the King's defence paper thin allowing possible 1-1 matchups and/or mismatches for the post players, something Sonic's coach will definitely want.

3. Rotational Defence must be solid
NEWBak Ku Teh Kings is 2nd in the league in assists per game(30.1) many of these comes from backdoor cuts, open jumpers and alley oops. Sonic cannot just rely on blocks by PJL and LAW to prevent backdoor cuts and easy layups all game long. Sonic defenders must stay in front of their man. If a man is beat they must rotate quickly to prevent easy baskets for the Kings. This is especially important as Kings have a balanced roster in which anyone can score. 

4. SGs must "shoot first"
PJL and LAW will definately draw plenty of attention and defenders almost every offensive possession. This leaves the SF and guards free. Marchell Dobrovits (9.5ppg, 8.1apg) is a pass first PG and Hamdan Ibn-(14.3ppg, 51% shooting) has solid production. This leaves SGs Ricaredo Potol(11.1ppg, 5.5apg) and Higinio Villava(5.9ppg). While Richaredo's apg is solid, the SGs cannot also take the "pass first" mentality like the PG. They have to shoot, making the NEWBak Ku Teh King's defence take notice of them and start panicking. Ricaredo also tend to disappear for long stretches of the game, he must be more productive.

5. Use experience against the Kings
The average age for the Sonic(27.6) and the Kings(25.6) isn't that far apart but many King's starters are in their early-mid 20s and had not played in such a huge key game. Comparatively, Flyer Sonic has grizzled veterans, PJL has played for the U21 and currently the national team. Even though it's not a playoff game this one is certainly a big one for either team. Sonic should use their experience as their advantage and get inexperienced Kings players to commit silly fouls and turn the ball over for fast break opportunities.

Last edited by big_boss_will at 6/25/2012 3:10:57 AM

This Post:
216896.117 in reply to 216896.116
Date: 6/25/2012 3:15:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
cont from top

NEWBak Ku Teh Kings
1. Controlling the defensive boards
Flyer Sonic is the league's best rebounding team(58.3rpg, the league's 2nd best SHP is a distant 54.3rpg). Kings are decent in rebounding(52.6 rpg) but they must prevent Sonic post players offensive rebounds for easy put back dunks and 2nd chance points. Sonic are too good offensively and giving them such easy points will make things go out of hand for the Kings very quickly.

2. Keep Sonic's defence guessing
NEWBak Ku Teh Kings has a very balanced roster with no rotation player that plays regularly averaging more than 14.5 pts. This means King's coach must make plays for different players regularly to confuse and make the Sonic's defence work. This might tire out key offensive players for Flyer Sonic. This also means Sonic is unlikely to double any King's player and whoever that has the hot hand must exploit their matchup.

3. Get PJL and LAW in foul trouble.
PJL and LAW are one of the best post players in the league but if they aren't playing they will not do damage. It's an extremely difficult task(LAW 1.3 PF per game, PJL 0.9 PF per game) and Kings guards that regularly drive must not shy away from contact. Once either of Sonic's superstars has foul trouble it gives the defence some room to breathe and open up alot more possible post plays and rebound opportunities for big men Anton Stanchuck, Bernie Carr and Laverne Gilley.

4. Perimeter shots must fall
King's backcourt and SFs Pang Mingyou, Mohd Jamil, Vitomil Wolf, Vitaly Murashev and Sapian must hit their perimeter shots. Most basketball experts agree that shots from the mid-range are the most inefficient of all shots. However with the paint clogged up and NEWBak Ku Teh Kings being a mediocre 3pt shooting team at best(31% beyond the arc) most pts must come from the perimeter. Bernie Carr must also hit perimeter jumpers and force PJL/LAW away from the basket to defend, opening up driving and offensive rebounds possibilities.

5. Bench players must step up
NEWBak Ku Teh Kings has one of the best bench in the league and they must produce if they want any chance to beat Flyer Sonic. Nobert Szilagyi must bring energy and defence against post players, Pang Mingyou must shoot lights out, Sapian must play on both ends like a seasoned vet and Mohd Jamil must outwit Marcell Dobrovits/Sonic defence and hit an occasional 3. The starters are taxed to defend some of the best players in arguably currently the best team in the league and the King's bench must lighten the load especially on the offensive end.

5 quick questions
1. If the game is on the line for the Kings who's going to take the final shot?
2. Will Ricaredo step up or will he disappear again for long stretches when PJL and LAW are mercilessly doubled every possession?
3. With Flyer Sonic being such strong rebounders will King's coach tell their players to run back to defence instead of trying for an offensive rebound?
4. PJL is a solid ball handler for his size and a PJL+LAW pick and roll will send chills down the King's defence. Will that play be used?
5. Can the NEWBak Ku Teh Kings take advantage of their home court?

This Post:
216896.118 in reply to 216896.117
Date: 6/25/2012 3:47:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh so many readings recently... which is good right after NBA season has finished.

btw , what is LAW PJL? (*sorry just did not get it)

This Post:
216896.119 in reply to 216896.118
Date: 6/25/2012 3:56:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
They are Flyer sonic players.. e.g. PJL = Peh jian Long.. try to deduce who is LAW :)

This Post:
216896.120 in reply to 216896.119
Date: 6/25/2012 4:52:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
aah.. i understood now... LAW stands for Lee An Wen..
Thanks bro..

This Post:
216896.121 in reply to 216896.120
Date: 6/25/2012 5:02:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bro now II.1 is same like SBBL. They are really active and a lot of great manager.

Tomorrow game flyer have a lot of pressure. Bcus of his tournament game with SHP. Flyer this week is same like you.

Ko Phyo

This Post:
216896.122 in reply to 216896.121
Date: 6/25/2012 5:10:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This week flyer and CPU are really unlucky.
Tournament game and League game in same week: Eric and CPU; Flyer and SHP; STN and Xavis really funny.

Ko Phyo
This Post:
216896.123 in reply to 216896.117
Date: 6/25/2012 6:07:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wow nice analysis, but but might not be happen the same you wish XD, this week is a big big game must really depend on which card is more impt for me now, no lost or tournament game. SHP looking at these post cant reveal too much XD

This Post:
216896.124 in reply to 216896.123
Date: 6/25/2012 6:29:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol.. i just did it for fun and well of cuz it is possible it might not be accurate.. i mean even in the NBA they change lineups (and make highly inaccurate analysis/prediction, eg projecting thunder to win at 7) all the time.. haha. anw gd luck for tml's game and the cup. lets play a good one. lol

Advertisement