BB Global (English) > BBB 3 Benefits

BBB 3 Benefits

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
32764.117 in reply to 32764.114
Date: 6/3/2008 11:43:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but I do have one question.

Several ethics classes? Why would you need so many? :)

This Post:
32764.118 in reply to 32764.114
Date: 6/3/2008 11:50:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its unethical when it creates an unlevel playing field not based on your tactical efforts. To me having a group of people agree to take it easy and build up enthusiasm to use on people not part of the agreement is not right. Other teams may have the option to ask for the take it easy, but may or may not have willfull co-participants.

This is unbalanced and not in any way in my opinion the same as effectively training your team, balancing your roster, budget and stadium. To me its pretty amazing and noteworthy that one of the teams mentioned in this post has had one league game where they did not have the same effort level as their opponent and in that game they got waxed by 40.

I have stated my reasons why I don't agree with the decisions some have made. You can dismiss my reasons for the objection as irrational all you want and the unfortunate truth is until a rule change is made its only a matter of opinion.

This Post:
32764.121 in reply to 32764.99
Date: 6/3/2008 11:51:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thats the way - defend your fellow man just like the way you mutually TIE'd games. It's pathetic. He is making a point in which you guys are arranging games. Did you cheat? No it was in the rules for you to do so and in some cases makes you look smart that you were able to come up with it.

I want to point out NONE of you has came out and said you have mutually TIE'd games. Just admit it we can start a new thread of how the NBBA is half baked.

Oh man - i just cant resist.... lets open up a new thread entirely!

Can we also revisit the 2.5mil trade? Amazing how after repeatedly asking I am being denied access to the biggest transfers of Dec/Jan/Feb... but as soon as 2 other teams do something similar in a much more volatile transfer market they get picked up and heavily fined....

The TIE issue gladly doesnt affect me but if I was a ambitious l.2 or l.3 team planning to move up would it be wise to start drafting some bb-mails to confirm you would be a willing participant of the TIE society. I would hate to be on the list of teams that re-negged on an agreement... you may as well forget the NBBA exists and just enjoy your time in l.2!!

This Post:
32764.122 in reply to 32764.113
Date: 6/3/2008 11:54:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
By god you are right, illegal in the US, which is why there was the grand jury and indictments and such. However, baseball still didnt outlaw them until 2002, and barry bonds and others continued to play ball making millions instead of rotting in a cell. So because they were getting away with it and were revered players at the time. How the tides have turned and now just about every true fan of the game looks at them with disdain for what they did to the sport, much like several in this thread are now looking upon some of the top teams in the NBBA.

You keep defending like what you are doing is right, two teams of fairly equal skill saying " we both have a good opponents coming up you know we could both take it easy" without the other teams knowing. Sounds a bit like what any professional sport would call a fixed game. I mean hell lets introduce gambling as another means to earn money in BB and we can start making some real cash by fixing that as well, forget this chump change people are making by day trading. Or better yet, lets both agree to throw trainees in and take it easy? Save our studs for games we cant get a team to sign an alliance. That way we can sell off the trainees for some money and still manage to win some games. Damn I like this idea...this is a good TACTICAL maneuver anyone in League III.5 reading this thread? Want to form an alliance? Lets kick the rest off the island. Actually any GM's right next to the Looking for scrimmage thread can I get a Mutual TIE/Put our trainees Advertisement up? Im taking this global

Last edited by vballkid69 at 6/3/2008 11:57:30 PM

This Post:
32764.123 in reply to 32764.118
Date: 6/3/2008 11:54:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To me its pretty amazing and noteworthy that one of the teams mentioned in this post has had one league game where they did not have the same effort level as their opponent and in that game they got waxed by 40.

you are kidding right? Nanos, Harrell, Proffitt, Farrar, should i continue?

This Post:
32764.126 in reply to 32764.121
Date: 6/4/2008 12:07:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another point I have raised on more than one occasion (which again mainly fell on deaf ears) was to discuss why BB3 games favour teams in the West from the tip off times.

Unless I get drawn at home I have 2 updates between my 2nd league game and my BB3 game and we all know how quickly enthusiasm drops from lvl14.

So 2 updates vs an opponents 1 they are at home and if they are also a member of a TIE society then its pretty much game over before its started...

I can live with Mutual TIE's its going to happen and sooner or later its going to get messy when 1 or a few teams form a new Cartel.

I am not in favour of a rule (whether by default or not) that clearly assists teams based on where they are geographically and the BB3 may as well take place in North America so they always get HCA for each game as well.

My conspiracy theories may seem far fetched but first we had trading (something I was good at - quashed) then buying ultra young trainees with great start up stats (quashed with capping the potential) then STH (ha) formula was later realised to be wrong but dont worry all the longest established teams can keep their inflated STH we just wont give current league winners a big boost.... and now the update differences between league and BB3 games....

Italian teams have got a great chance but it would take a brave man to bet against a North American team to be victorious.

This Post:
32764.127 in reply to 32764.123
Date: 6/4/2008 12:09:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Collusion wasn't in place and he lost. Be it from not having a mutual TIE or because he had to rest his best talent and ran into a team not in the same boat in the BBB. That was the point. Icestorm wasn't in on the gag because if he was, he would have taken it easy too and his best horses were out on the court. Wierd how not knowing what you can and can't get away with creates losses. Im heading to bed, I have work in the morning, Ill be sure to check back in to see who else takes an issue with what I've said. Till then, night BB.

Advertisement