BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
232173.118 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/14/2013 7:02:47 PM
Hamburg Albatrosses
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Korean S. Fighters
That's great news! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you're right about the boxscore-issue.

Just a question: I totally understand that it's just not possible with your resources to get an iOS/Android-App going ... but what about a mobile website of BB? Would be easier to access via Smartphone. That might be a good compromise - at least for me (even though I don't know how much work that would be ...)

Keep up your work and I'm looking forward to the bright BB-future that you're predicting:-)

Du hast nicht genug Geld, um dieses Gebot abzugeben!
Message deleted
This Post:
232173.121 in reply to 232173.120
Date: 2/17/2013 11:33:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
its definitely great that marin is now addressing bugs in the GE. as for changing how it functions, i dunno, depends how its done. as always i wonder why it takes so long for obvious areas for improvement to be addressed.

in the past its felt like this (http://memegenerator.net/instance/34993629). not to pick on marin cause it seems he's inherited these issues, not created them, but:

(208622.118)

People need to modify their team tactics in a way that would make them better at defending LI, and currently, some of the misconceptions like the value of shot blocking and others prevent them from doing so. A little bit of creativity and research into the way real defense works is needed too.

most of us have moved on from hopes that the GE would change and accepted the game as it is. now that we've made long term choices and plans its frustrating to see that they're now finally accepting that there are GE imbalances. there's a host of issues that seem to follow this pattern since the beginning of BB time. the delay in response just seems to be longer as time goes by.

that's my knee-jerk reaction, there's a good chance ill change my tune once the details are rolled out

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
232173.123 in reply to 232173.105
Date: 2/17/2013 1:39:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The SB issue seems like the most important topic. We are planning on making some changes in the GE next season, hopefully to be implemented after the AllStar break. The changes should affect the LI domination as well as the SB issue. I cannot give you more details but I believe it will be officially announced in the next seasons' newspost. It's not 100% yet (well, at least the time of the change isn't), therefore it's not announced in a newspost at this time.

This is wonderful and all, but please do not go overboard with it. Yes, that's a question.

This Post:
232173.127 in reply to 232173.125
Date: 2/17/2013 8:42:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wonder if/when they will accept that outside shooting has been completely gimped?

Im not convinced that it is. There's not a lot of successful outside teams, but SilverBacks in the NBBA has regularly one of the top teams. Now imagine if there were market options with bigs to match the pieces he has outside? You dont see a lot of bigs with the skills to be successful playing outside (high js/jr, tons of ID/REB, low IS). IOW, the potential for outside teams doesnt appear to have been tapped yet.

I'm more interested in analysis of why LI is preferred over LP, why are the neutral offenses seemingly ignored and ineffective. Is it a training or GE issue?

My concern is suddenly SB needs to be addressed when its been declared fine by the people that wrote the GE for 22 seasons. It just seems a bit reactive, when all along it was deemed a training issue.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
Advertisement