Experience Arrow

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
201968.12 in reply to 201968.10
Date: 11/10/2011 12:49:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is very simple, on any case.

Pure facts again, as usual. Not a tiny bit of opinion at all. Pure facts, pure truth.
On this case? Yes it is.
Adding a code that just turn off a flag and update the display (which is done anyhow) is simple.

You are trying to attack with a plastic sword (or arrow, just to make this related to this thread...) whenever you can, and it is kind of pathetic.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 11/10/2011 12:50:16 AM

This Post:
201968.13 in reply to 201968.11
Date: 11/10/2011 12:54:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
in the training, you already go through all player to do such task. Else it is about organtionell effort(which cost space and might affect database speed and ability), or you check out most player every day(besides friday, and most sundays) for nothing which goes also on speed.

But yes it is not "so" difficult, and with a smart solution even not so server heavy - but it will work different then the training arrow which is my point. Since it was mentioned, why one think is already implemented and the other not, cause you simply can not take the code from the training arrow, for the xp arrow.

1) There is an update that affects the "experience" skill.
2) There is a code that updates the display.
So, even if it would have been used in a not code-efficient manner, it could just be copied to the place where the skill is updated and perform it there.

In addition, as both work on the same page, I will guess that those parts of the code are on the same file, but this is a pure guess.

This Post:
201968.14 in reply to 201968.13
Date: 11/10/2011 6:30:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is an update that affects the "experience" skill

which is combined ith the game, and that not guaranted that you play next week at the same time NT games, injurys, roster change sunday playogg, wednesday BBB, no organised scrimmage etc. So there is not an specific Xpperience update every week, for every player ;) You could build list for every week day to solve it, but it is different then the training update.

which is properly loaded while you ask for the player page, off the player and not is date combined or with histrory. at least i would construct it like that.

So, even if it would have been used in a not code-efficient manner, it could just be copied to the place where the skill is updated and perform it there.

no.

Last edited by El Duderino at 11/10/2011 7:58:08 AM

This Post:
201968.15 in reply to 201968.14
Date: 11/10/2011 6:11:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There is an update that affects the "experience" skill

which is combined ith the game, and that not guaranted that you play next week at the same time NT games, injurys, roster change sunday playogg, wednesday BBB, no organised scrimmage etc. So there is not an specific Xpperience update every week, for every player ;) You could build list for every week day to solve it, but it is different then the training update.

So? You add the arrow when the times come (Interrupt event), and remove it after the next training result or the one after that.
Nobody said that it needs to be 7 days exactly or even roughly.
Think outside the box...

which is properly loaded while you ask for the player page, off the player and not is date combined or with histrory. at least i would construct it like that.
Definately a bad thing to do...
If you would have done it upon event and not periodic and spreaded over time, you may got a burst that would result a fatality to the system.
This is why the training is computed exactly like this and not upon openning the training page...

no.

Yes.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 11/10/2011 6:12:02 PM

This Post:
201968.16 in reply to 201968.15
Date: 11/10/2011 6:25:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

If you would have done it upon event and not periodic and spreaded over time, you may got a burst that would result a fatality to the system.
This is why the training is computed exactly like this and not upon openning the training page...

training is a database operation, like asking for the skills. But the BB didn't have prepared 60+ sites for every player, since a player like to see his skill in english/francais/german etc.
Thats in german einen "Datenbank anfrage", or simply translated a question to the database who give the information to create the players side. So the skills didn't change through it, like at the training cause they don't have to. During the game you have a database operation to, in increasing the XP and adding injurys who are done right now but this should not make a difference if you add 0,1 XP to 2,7 or 2,9 Xp even when one leads to a different display of the players page.
The flag there is most likely a boolean variable, who get reseted every training update.

So? You add the arrow when the times come (Interrupt event), and remove it after the next training result or the one after that.
Think outside the box...

i would at least have it with a bit consistency, if you delete it the next training update it get useless cause many arrow will disappear unseen from the cup and scrimmage games. If they carry it nearly two weeks, when it comes saturday game, or just one week when it arrives thursday would be weird too with the two week solution - and even that would be most likely furfill a need of extra programming and not even use the training solution.

This Post:
201968.17 in reply to 201968.16
Date: 11/10/2011 6:38:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

training is a database operation, like asking for the skills. But the BB didn't have prepared 60+ sites for every player, since a player like to see his skill in english/francais/german etc.
Thats in german einen "Datenbank anfrage", or simply translated a question to the database who give the information to create the players side. So the skills didn't change through it, like at the training cause they don't have to. During the game you have a database operation to, in increasing the XP and adding injurys who are done right now but this should not make a difference if you add 0,1 XP to 2,7 or 2,9 Xp even when one leads to a different display of the players page.
The flag there is most likely a boolean variable, who get reseted every training update.
Again, the calculation of skills is being done periodic and spread over time.
The displaying is something that just uses this information and... displays it.
The operation which is more complex is the calculation.

Think outside the box...

i would at least have it with a bit consistency
I've meant that BB will need to choose between the two option for consistency, in order of not mixing the users.

if you delete it the next training update it get useless cause many arrow will disappear unseen from the cup and scrimmage games. If they carry it nearly two weeks, when it comes saturday game, or just one week when it arrives thursday would be weird too with the two week solution - and even that would be most likely furfill a need of extra programming and not even use the training solution.
I didn't understood what you've meant.
In any case, whatever they'll choose will be adapted by the users real fast.
In the end, the user just needs this arrow to be more aware of the change, as it is easier to notify this arrow than going over all players.

This Post:
201968.18 in reply to 201968.17
Date: 11/10/2011 6:53:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am not sure, why i explain this to you. I only said, that it is something different then making it like the skillups and that you just need to take this part of code for it.

But there are way, to implement it, without tryining to search similiariteies for it ;) But they would be closer to the injurys, on a programming point.

This Post:
201968.19 in reply to 201968.18
Date: 11/17/2011 1:43:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
perhaps they could change it such that experience only updates at the end of the week along with everything else?

So if a player's experience reaches the desired level during mid-week, he doesn't pop until the training update, along with the other skills and GS.

Otherwise, implement the arrow with a timer of 1 week from when it pops. Same as other arrows. If you only look at your playersr once a week to see any training updates, then you will see the experience update then.