BB Global (English) > the future of bb

the future of bb

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
215754.12 in reply to 215754.11
Date: 5/6/2012 7:05:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are right, the new game player did not come in, but because of the confusion of economy lead to the old game player loss

This Post:
215754.13 in reply to 215754.12
Date: 5/6/2012 8:22:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some good points, I really miss the training aspect too. It's getting increasingly hard to turn a profit on trainees even when bought at a reasonable price and trained optimally and it seems the economy has swung too far the other way from the days of sky high transfer prices.

If the money made from training and winning combined isn't as much as the money made from tanking, then tanking is what it's going to be for a lot of people. Which in turn ruins it more for the people trying to train and win.

Lowering wages and introducing wage caps will make it more affordable to win and increase transfer prices which might make training more rewarding.

Last edited by Tortuga at 5/6/2012 8:22:54 AM

This Post:
215754.14 in reply to 215754.1
Date: 5/6/2012 10:33:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I‘m agree!

This Post:
215754.15 in reply to 215754.14
Date: 5/6/2012 10:56:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I´m not sold on the "train to sell" concept. Training should also be considered in its teambuilding importance.

Buying a 19year old at some point, training them for 8-10 weeks, selling him for a medium profit, as it was in the old days, is not exactly what it´s supposed to be either.

With the new importance of "intelligent" training (keeping the wages low, yet making the player useful and maybe special) making profit is not impossible, just more challenging.

I consider "optimized" training and a better use of B-Skills and Tactics the real challenge of the economical development. Instead of just "printing" money, you have to find ways to utilize skills, player material and handle the tasks of managing the teams salaries. Any manager simulation should consist of analysis of a development and finding the correct response. BB is a dynamic simulation, not static. You have to adopt your strategies then...

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
215754.16 in reply to 215754.15
Date: 5/6/2012 11:14:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your idea is good, the reality is brutal,most of the high grade league players constitute are optimized.when the transaction cost is too low the wage costs will increase,the present situation is that win the match with hgih salsry won't earn money even lose money.
And the funny thing is,although BB want to quickly improve the new game player strength, because the newcomers earn money hard, they will feel the player is very expensive with low prices ,then they give up the game。

Last edited by long city at 5/6/2012 11:25:32 AM

This Post:
215754.17 in reply to 215754.16
Date: 5/6/2012 11:30:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm with seelenjaeger. I don't agree with the idea that training should generate a huge net profit when considering the final sale price versus trainee purchase/trainer salary. As it stands, I'd guess a well trained player gets you something close to a break even point, maybe some profit with an intelligent build, less for a primary skill pump build.

But there are still huge benefits to training, that being the savings on player salary versus effective player skills during the season that training occurs. At that point your team is getting a discount in terms of the player's performance, and you team is playing better for cheaper. That discount can get very big when you're talking about high skill trainees, as the salary increase from marginal primary skill pop gets very, very costly.

This Post:
215754.18 in reply to 215754.17
Date: 5/6/2012 11:42:21 AM
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
Yes I would agree
Lost in all this is the performance delivered by the trainees in the seasons that they are being trained.
By the end of those seasons while some teams are buying players for playoffs that aren't worth what they're paying for them, the training teams have players worth much more than the salaries each week and those players continue to get better.
Besides, I don't hink I would enjoy this game as much without the Friday training pops.

This Post:
215754.19 in reply to 215754.16
Date: 5/6/2012 11:55:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's should not be about, training is not profitable. Like said already, training for your own team is profitable. Currently there are too many teams training → overall training value get's cheaper. It's the same with scouting. People were investing in scouting before. Now the investment are lower and you can get a decent trainee even if you draft last. Same with inside player values. There are too many teams training inside players.
If everyone will stop training this minute and go for GS, ST or FT training only, the value of training will go up really quickly. So it's about supply/demand.
I rather have bigger supply (free agents), than wait for 3 seasons before I can even think about getting anything on the TL. I remember the times, when the prices kept skyrocketing and FA's were eventually introduced. It was getting really badly out of hand.

This Post:
215754.20 in reply to 215754.15
Date: 5/6/2012 12:08:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Buying a 19year old at some point, training them for 8-10 weeks, selling him for a medium profit, as it was in the old days, is not exactly what it´s supposed to be either.

With the new importance of "intelligent" training (keeping the wages low, yet making the player useful and maybe special) making profit is not impossible, just more challenging.

I consider "optimized" training and a better use of B-Skills and Tactics the real challenge of the economical development. Instead of just "printing" money, you have to find ways to utilize skills, player material and handle the tasks of managing the teams salaries. Any manager simulation should consist of analysis of a development and finding the correct response. BB is a dynamic simulation, not static. You have to adopt your strategies then..

This is all well and good and I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this, but when you can just tank and buy such players in a fraction of the time it takes to train them then it just isn't as rewarding a strategy as it should be.

The ability to "print money" has just been shifted to another game mechanic and could do with being balanced out.

This Post:
215754.21 in reply to 215754.19
Date: 5/6/2012 12:15:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The high price and low price are wrong too, now too low prices and not relegated to the training cost is contradictory!
Should not let the dead rob the living job, this is contrary to the laws of the market!

This Post:
215754.22 in reply to 215754.21
Date: 5/6/2012 1:34:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the FA's are great way to fill teams rosters (salary cap) and are the best way to transfer money out of the game. How many teams are in the minus? Most of the teams playing BB are generating extra money to the game. Sale % reduction does not deal with the money generated.
Currently the prices are pretty stable. If you are making near 100k a week, you can add a player per season. Great all around players are still a lot more valuable.
I don't want to go back to the time where 8-12k salary players demanded 1,5-1,7mil transfer fees. Even as free agents...
I don't tanking in the highest league, but I'm not that sure that those tankers have an easy way back to the top div. Atleast not in the larger countrys. Obviously the salary floor needs to be risen a bit. But I don't see a problem with the training system. Rookies here are not NBA rookies. They can not contribute right away. People are still paying high sums of money for the top rookies. If you are planning to train that player for your own team. That's great, but if you are training him just for sale, you're going to lose money. If you want to make money, train your own draft picks and sell them after a season or 2.

Advertisement