Show messages by
This Post:
290843.12 in reply to 290843.11
Date: 12/8/2017 8:29:36 PM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
I noticed that you only complain to my suggestions, so why don't you:

1. Stop assuming and putting words into my mouth (I'm ignoring you because you have made no valid alternatives to the things you were complaining about.)
2. Make a constructive suggestion just like Maupster did above.

This Post:
290843.13 in reply to 290843.12
Date: 12/8/2017 9:40:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

1. Stop assuming and putting words into my mouth (I'm ignoring you because you have made no valid alternatives to the things you were complaining about.)

First.
1. and 2. are saying the same thing, so you only have 1 point.

Second:
You want an in-game advantage for having the same players on a team for longer periods of time together. You want it in such a way that there are no apparent negative side-effects to it, and your suggestion for how it should be implemented benefits BOTs more than anyone...

So, rather than implementing it in your manner. Have the rate at which "experience" improves be less rigid and set in stone as X for league, y for cup, and Z for U21/NT games as ways to increase it.

and make those gains much smaller, but instead have hidden stats like aggressiveness, and clutch, for the chemistry, to where Player X gains experience A faster when playing with player Y, but when Player X is playing with Player Z, his experience gains A slower, because they have poorer chemistry.

This way you still get gains like you want, but, they are not just handed out and given to you like its entitled to you. You have to find the combinations to make it work better. Adds more challenge and fun.

This Post:
290843.14 in reply to 290843.12
Date: 12/8/2017 9:42:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Just because something is not on the same side as your suggestion, does not mean its not constructive. Try opening your mind up some.

There's been people making comments and ideas and suggestions about player chemistry for literal YEARS not BB seasons, but YEARS. So, forgive me, if I don't spam forums with suggestions and idea's that have been suggested before... without ever reading why they were shot down... like SOME people apparently do...

Last edited by RandyMoss at 12/8/2017 9:45:30 PM

This Post:
290843.15 in reply to 290843.10
Date: 12/9/2017 4:00:43 AM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
My apologies if the earlier responses were vague and defensive, I felt like you guys were jumping the gun on my suggestion before I even detailed out the concept that I had in my head. Well now at least we're getting somewhere with the points you highlighted here.

What I actually have in mind is a soft bonus like enthusiasm (or replace the current enthusiasm system since it doesn't seem realistic to me) that evolves over time but capped at a certain level where teams don't overpower other teams who constantly add/sell players (bot teams are exempted from this bonus). Let's assume that the max bonus is equal to "zealous" enthusiasm which can be achieved when you keep a roster together for an entire season but every time you buy or sell players it drops by 1 level per player added/sold. Would that be feasible or is that still too simple?

BTW aren't overinflated TL prices the result of managers intentionally overvaluing players hoping that some new/inexperienced manager takes the bait? I see it all the time and have been a victim of that more than a few times during in the past.

Last edited by Pro_Shot πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ at 12/9/2017 4:09:13 AM

This Post:
290843.16 in reply to 290843.15
Date: 12/9/2017 2:37:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What I actually have in mind is a soft bonus like enthusiasm (or replace the current enthusiasm system since it doesn't seem realistic to me) that evolves over time but capped at a certain level where teams don't overpower other teams who constantly add/sell players (bot teams are exempted from this bonus). Let's assume that the max bonus is equal to "zealous" enthusiasm which can be achieved when you keep a roster together for an entire season but every time you buy or sell players it drops by 1 level per player added/sold. Would that be feasible or is that still too simple?

This is doable, and makes a lot more sense than enthusiasm only built/used via TIE, Normal, CT.
It also makes sense that a team would be less enthusiastic if they had the same roster day in day out and were losing, or if they got rid of their better players for crappier players etc.

I also, do not think I have seen this specific take as a suggestion before. +1 sir

This Post:
290843.17 in reply to 290843.16
Date: 12/12/2017 2:25:05 AM
Diamond Dogs
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Add to the fact that teams aren't really motivated to play harder if they had won several games by "taking it easy", I believe this would actually lead to more complacency in the long run as the team gets used to that type of mentality. Thanks for your suggestions.

This Post:
290843.18 in reply to 290843.17
Date: 12/12/2017 12:35:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Add to the fact that teams aren't really motivated to play harder if they had won several games by "taking it easy", I believe this would actually lead to more complacency in the long run as the team gets used to that type of mentality.

Also agreed.

Overall, I think you're onto a good solution to it now.

This Post:
290843.19 in reply to 290843.18
Date: 12/13/2017 11:25:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I can think of different scenarios.
BUT I must say that there should be a way to reward a team that doesn't suck and keeps the same players. Currently when you don't trade, the fans are happy because you don't trade and at the same time unhappy because you don't do everything you can to win. I don't totally like that.

Now, if you always have the same team and you are bad, then I don't see a reward there. People get bored and the team clearly doesn't have good chemistry.

My point is, I think you have a good idea there. Probably needs more work, more discussions to reach the optimal solution. But at the end of the day, I do think that continuously decent results with the same team should definitely incur in some additional plus for the team.