Suggestions > Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Committee for the Rights of Small Forwards

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
67212.12 in reply to 67212.11
Date: 1/4/2009 4:08:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
every change pisses off someone. it only has to be announced well in advance, so that nobody gets screwed up by last minute adjustments.

should be pretty well announce before ... Because to train a SF could take years, and when you start a lot with defence and another one maybe with JS, he will reach the other one level easy.

And actually there are also good SF, sometimes they go from a C trainer to a Guard trainer in their development, sometimes teams change there training good etc.

I don't see the need for a change. Which is totally impossible when i understand what you write, so i had really hard problems to understand you.

This Post:
67212.13 in reply to 67212.10
Date: 1/4/2009 4:10:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah it is hard for SF trainers, but also they got the chanche to keep pretty good Sf, or sell then for a good value ;)

Call me a dud, but the concept of "SF trainers" seems odd to me. Clearly, there are "tall guys trainers" and "short guys trainers". Any of these two can be a SF trainer by purchasing a relatively tall guy trained in outside skills, or a relatively short guy trained in inside skills. Everything else is just silly.

I don't really see much of a problem with this.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
67212.14 in reply to 67212.13
Date: 1/4/2009 4:22:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
there are more then you believe who have this odd concept ;)

This Post:
67212.15 in reply to 67212.14
Date: 1/4/2009 5:55:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a SF trainer, I say please do not make any changes! Sure, it is hard to train SFs. Hopefully that means that good ones are rare. As a consequence, I should get lots of cash when I decide to sell my guys. I see nothing wrong with that.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
67212.16 in reply to 67212.15
Date: 1/4/2009 6:20:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a SF trainer, I say please do not make any changes! Sure, it is hard to train SFs. Hopefully that means that good ones are rare. As a consequence, I should get lots of cash when I decide to sell my guys. I see nothing wrong with that.

that's exactly my point of view.

This Post:
67212.18 in reply to 67212.15
Date: 1/4/2009 6:47:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why, why the sf is the only role that to grow should not play in his natural role? why? you explain me with your words because i just do not understand, please. This means that not watching the interest of training but the interest of the seller?

This Post:
67212.19 in reply to 67212.18
Date: 1/4/2009 8:41:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why, why the sf is the only role that to grow should not play in his natural role? why? you explain me with your words because i just do not understand, please. This means that not watching the interest of training but the interest of the seller?

This is the way it has been implemented since season 1. Also, I believe I have read threads where BB-Charles has stated that SF training will not change. Having read that information, I built a training program that satisfied those criteria. I took a significant hit to my team in the short term in order to train quality SFs.

Now that the first of my trainees is about to blossom you want a complete paradigm shift? If you want to make a significant game change such as this, I would want some serious compensation. That or at least 4 seasons notice. A combination of the two would be even better.

I'm not sure what you mean about natural role. Every player in BB should be multi-skilled. I'm tired of hearing people who say you can have a great team with a 2 skilled centre or a 4 skilled guard. That's a load of crap. Perhaps you will get great team ratings but as we are finding out, the team ratings have serious weaknesses.

If you start down this road soon you will want single position training for PFs and SGs. How about passing training for centres? Are you telling me that centres never pass the ball? I would also want to train inside d for guards. Please give me that option, too!

If it ain't broke - don't fix it. That's my motto.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
67212.20 in reply to 67212.19
Date: 1/4/2009 9:33:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Strange reasoning. So according to you since you've sacrificed to create small forward from (congratulations for the great work done) now you should be able to sell goods to the detriment of those who start now? perhaps you've forgotten the training speed double? I sold everything I had at the roster, the one that I gave it my small forward and are not here to say that because I was having difficulty must all, quite the contrary I realized the absurdity of the thing and promote the idea in the forum suggestions, not in the bug's forum. I do not see how you who've committed so much as losing can "facilitate" your work already "well" started.

And do not talk to multiskill or monoskill, it's another thing as the small forward should be much more complete than any center or guard as it binds the two departments. it is clear that serve training in passing to c / pf and rebound for guards but
1) are not as indispensable as the defenses for sf
2) perhaps it is better to proceed by degrees can not find?

Then if you feel that it is better to get more out dollars at the expense of others ... bravo!

p.s. translation by translator of google, if you do not understand I am sorry

Last edited by Cholanka Avikola at 1/4/2009 9:36:09 PM

This Post:
67212.21 in reply to 67212.20
Date: 1/4/2009 10:29:08 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I think what's getting lost in this conversation, and which I think was a key point in the opening post in this thread, is that training SFs as SFs is more realistic than the current system. I.e., how do you train Scottie Pippen to be be Scottie Pippen? Do you make him play center a few games to get his post game better? Do you run him at the point to get him to pass better? The current system is pretty good for PGs and Cs. (Even though I centers need to learn to pass, too, or they couldn't play in, say, a Triangle Offense, passing skills for players on teams that rely on passing can be done as part of team training.) But SFs can only be trained either in a watered-down training mode (training 3 positions at once) or playing out of position, and that detracts from the realism of the training system, that some players get short changed only because they are versatile and play one particular position.

Changes can happen, good managers can adjust, especially if we're given, say, a full season or two heads-up on something like this so we can prepare.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
67212.22 in reply to 67212.20
Date: 1/4/2009 10:49:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then if you feel that it is better to get more out dollars at the expense of others ... bravo!

Absolutely within the framework of the game.

This isn't Lake Woebegone.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Advertisement