Training Times

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
97474.12 in reply to 97474.11
Date: 7/3/2009 7:04:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Charles - thanks for the reply.

Then I assume its me that is still wrong about training.

As I see it now for example I get training at 16.40 local time in Japan on Friday. My understanding is that the training update for lets say the USA takes place AFTER this (maybe 2-3hrs) as it is one of the last countries to update.

SO, if I were in the USA drawn against a team in Asia, I could see their training update (just DMI/GS) and then before my training update I could alter my own to GS training IF i suddenly saw my opponent with all proficients.

It must work like this as when I check the Nippon NT roster at 16.40, I see changes to the players who play locally but have to check back later to check for pops on the other players who play for teams who's training updates are calculated later.

Daily updates.... would scheduling the games in the local times of the away teams solve anything?

This way the games are still staggered and the away team is then guaranteed to have 1 update and then worse case the home team has 2 updates which is offset by the fact they get the Home court advantage (in the rare cases).

This Post:
97474.14 in reply to 97474.13
Date: 7/3/2009 11:16:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well i guess there isn't an easy solution as you say..

It's at least comforting to hear I'm not going mad and that these differences (albeit small ones) are there and they do add up if put altogether.

What about the suggestion of playing at the pre-set time of the away team rather than the home?

This Post:
97474.15 in reply to 97474.13
Date: 7/3/2009 11:59:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I still don't understand how having training at different times makes much of a difference for b3 teams. I am pretty sure that the teams in the Americas will not change training based upon the game shape results of Asian or European teams (at least for myself and KDB). Seems like a big waste of time to even worry about this.

As far as the loss of enthusiasm for Asian teams playing in the Americas, I thought that this was just a paranoid cry from Superfly, but seeing as it does exist, should be corrected to protect the integrity of the b3 tournament. From what you wrote, it seems that merely changing the game time (from say 8pm Boston time to 1pm Boston time) would create problems? I would have thought that it could be changed manually with small effort - as previous b3 finals were similarly changed.

This Post:
97474.17 in reply to 97474.16
Date: 7/3/2009 6:25:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I meant that only the games where a team would be disadvantaged with an extra enthusiasm drop should have the time changed. I can't imagine this would occur more than four or five times a tournament. For the rest of the games, I think the current time placement works well.

This Post:
97474.18 in reply to 97474.16
Date: 7/4/2009 1:19:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not difficult to change times, but I think it's nice that a team from, say, Australia at least has a 50% chance of having their game take place at a convenient time for watching it. Moving all games to a central time will inevitably mean that teams in the "wrong" time zones will never be able to watch a B3 game without waking up at 4 in the morning.

The irony here is that if you are drawn away this is when you are least likely to watch your game! If you are aware of the other factors which put your team at a disadvantage AND have to play a road game you are in fact giving the manager less incentive to set an alarm clock to wake up and watch his game.

I think the 'reverse' timing could work as you still keep the 50% chance of watching the game.. the only difference being you are now more incentivised to watch your away games via better timing and level playing field. I would assume that HCA still trumps these factors so I would imagine that there is a strong chance of the home manager tuning into the game too, irrespective of the time change.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 7/4/2009 1:20:43 AM

Message deleted
This Post:
97474.20 in reply to 97474.18
Date: 7/22/2009 10:46:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your point, yet I doubt the effect of training GS on high level players.
Meaning, players who already have GS of respectable or higher.

I had a complaint from a guy who trained GS and had players actually drop from proficient to strong, or from strong to respectable. Actually he didn't see much diffrence with training other trainingtypes.
I guess GS training works when you have players with lowes GS, or players who had to many, or to few minutes. But I don't think you can prevent your players from having respectable GS when training GS... so... unless your players are in bad shape, I don't think training GS will do any good...

I never trained GS myself though, so I might be wrong?

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
97474.21 in reply to 97474.18
Date: 7/23/2009 9:13:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i have read most messages in this thread... this is not an offensive message so please dont take it that way and please dont go into a defensive mode(see this happen all the time on the forums). what you want to see changed or see as an advantage is only an advantage if you spend the amount off time in this game and take this game as serious as you and a very very few others do... since 95% (probably it is closer to 99% but lets be optimistic) or more players dont spend that much time into this game, you are asking to have the game changed for the 5% other players.... serious mate, be realistic, this wont happen. secondly i agree with the point made that it should be played a time where most players can watch the game live. here again, you assume things from your point off view. Understandable, but put yourself in my shoes or the shoes off 95% off the other players. I dont have time to watch my games at any time off the day, normally only have time at work or in the evening at home. I am certain, most people can only watch at home, so the strong chance as you are referring too that a player will watch the game even at inconvenient hours, is a very very small chance, because most people simply dont have the time that you have...

This Post:
97474.22 in reply to 97474.21
Date: 7/23/2009 11:29:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No I hear you.. and appreciate that your opinion is likely echoed by many more managers than my opinion on the matter.

But at least it has been confirmed the differences are there no matter how meaningful they happen to be for the majority of managers at this precise moment.

Next weds will be interesting as although there is no HCA in the BB3 I did get drawn out of the hat as the 'home' team so the timing of the game gives me only 1 daily update from my Tues - Weds match.... had it been the other way around then it wouldve been a different story altogether....having said that I think thats the least of my concerns!!! I need to find a new, ultra cheap inside monster to keep the game as close as possible!!!