Suggestions > Remove possibility to play TIE

Remove possibility to play TIE

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
125223.13 in reply to 125223.11
Date: 12/27/2009 4:26:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Arguably better then the current system, but there's some pretty big con's to that. No one would CT when you only have 4 TIE's to recover.

If there has to be a system I prefer changing it to a two option system like the playoffs. Would make a few other alterations but that would be the bulk of it. Still opens the door for collusion (mutual PON) but has less effect.

If it was solely up to me I'd remove the system as we know it and replace it with something like team confidence in HT. I'd rather focus planning on player selection and tactics which is what it's like in real life anyways.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
125223.14 in reply to 125223.10
Date: 12/27/2009 4:38:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok, I can't say 100%, but two of them are my real life friends and I do know what goes on with their teams, and almost all are supporters and we talk each day and we did talk about feelings towards mutual TIE games and the players in the first division don't collude like that...
I'm against any restriction on TIE... I'm stronger than almost all in my II.4. division, and can win almost all games with TIE, I'll use normal 3 times maybe during this season. Why should I be penalized for being better at managing a team than the others?

oh btw, I'm writing all this with a smile on my face, not trying to be too polemic or sound angry...
just voicing my opinion

This Post:
125223.15 in reply to 125223.14
Date: 12/27/2009 4:50:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm stronger than almost all in my II.4. division, and can win almost all games with TIE

So you are unaffected by the enthusiasm system. Why would you have any issues with a system that is more or less a second thought to your game planning.

For me, and other teams in competitive divisions, game planning is driven by (in this order usually):

1 - Playing home or away
2- Enthusiasm choices of you and your opponent
3 - Player and tactical choices

So, enthusiasm is more important then player and tactical choices when I'm planning for a game. Seems backwards, but that's how it is.

Last edited by brian at 12/27/2009 4:50:52 PM

This Post:
125223.16 in reply to 125223.12
Date: 12/27/2009 5:01:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The current system is unrealistic. Some things have been changed due to, in part, being unrealistic (most recently, arena seating cap).

I'm not sure what you mean by killing the system unless the suggestion is to simply remove enthusiasm. Though, that works pretty well in the B3 and private leagues. Those are the most enjoyable games in BB anyways.

thats exactly what i mean with killing the system, because it get moved completed. And as isaid i liked the tactitacial oppurtunities of this unealistic system.

And about the realisitic, the arena are still after the change totally unrealistic, because the most unrealisitc thing is the part of building them, did you see a arena who could be enlarge like here? Raining is also fun.

I never played BBB, but the Pl is pretty boring for me and i have alot of fun in league, and in NT games.(maybe the competition in your league is to weak for you, and you got them in the bb or pl)

This Post:
125223.17 in reply to 125223.15
Date: 12/27/2009 5:15:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't have an issue with the current system, I love it because it gives me a chance to win against the First division teams in the Cup, it helps me against managers that always play normal even if they are as twice as strong as the opponents.
I don't think it's more important than player and tactical choices because a 3-2 against a motion offense and good outside defense pg-sg-sf can neutralize the ent choice if the opponent didn't guess the right defense for your offense.

Anyway... elections for the President of Croatia are today, and I'm listening to the TV at the moment so I kinda lost my train of thoughts sorry)))

This Post:
125223.18 in reply to 125223.9
Date: 12/27/2009 5:19:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it's more fun to play managing ent and trying to guess what the other team will play and when to do normal

That is why I started this thread - collusions will take a lot from BB tactical play. It's not fun to know that opponents play TIE in their games and against you they can play with greater enthusiasm. If BB would admit that this is a problem then I'm sure that suggestions would came.

This Post:
125223.19 in reply to 125223.8
Date: 12/27/2009 5:35:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i remember none suggestion good suggestion, which eliminates mutal ie without killing the tie system.

At start their could be some penalty - like degradation to lower division (if opponent have reported about it) or money penalty at least. If someone wanted to offer playing TIE he had to keep in mind that he can receive a penalty. That would be closer to real life.

This Post:
125223.20 in reply to 125223.18
Date: 12/27/2009 5:37:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but as some people said, apart from reading or filtering BB-Mails with keyword as mutual and TIE and something like that, it would be nearly impossible to eradicate that. And that would mean bye bye privacy. And that's just wrong.

On the other side, as someone else said, colluding like that is also a part of the game, something that does happen in real life also.

I personally don't see a reason to change the current model, everyone can use the options given to them the same as others.

This Post:
125223.21 in reply to 125223.17
Date: 12/27/2009 6:11:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't have an issue with the current system, I love it because it gives me a chance to win against the First division teams in the Cup

Again, you enjoy the system because for the majority of your games you don't have to think about it. The only time you have to think about it is in cup games that are against decent opponents, which is a minority of the total games you play.

it helps me against managers that always play normal even if they are as twice as strong as the opponents

Either those strong teams have no choice but to play normal to stay competitive (where the temptation to mutual tie is hard to pass up) or they aren't very good managers. I assume you're referring to the former where you get the chance to pick off better teams in the cup, at no cost to you since you're in an easy division.

I don't think it's more important than player and tactical choices

In setting a your depth chart you have to keep in mind many things outside of just putting the best team out there and playing the strongest tactic. You must consider HCA, minutes for training and also enthusiasm. Those things drive what kind of team to put on the court and if you ignore any of them that will hurt you in the long run.

This is what I love about PL and B3 games, you don't have to think about training and enthusiasm. It's even better with the new defensive matchups, so you can spend more time on actual tactics, matchups, scouting, etc.

This Post:
125223.22 in reply to 125223.16
Date: 12/27/2009 6:14:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i have alot of fun in league, and in NT games.

Mutual TIE's exist in NT games too. As a U21 coach I have been on both ends of offering and receiving offers. As an assistant to the full NT it has happened too. NT games are very much effected by enthusiasm, mutual tie's, and even broken agreements. I'd prefer to see how it plays out when talent and tactical coaching decides games.

Last edited by brian at 12/27/2009 6:15:51 PM

This Post:
125223.23 in reply to 125223.21
Date: 12/27/2009 6:22:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
those strong teams are managed by bad managers

and yes you have to think about many teams outside putting your best team on the court during the season games, and that's the gusto of the game

and I love the new defensive matchup options

and damn, such an idiot is going into the second round of the President elections, ashamed to be Croatian at the moment.

that's why I'm smoking and drinking at the moment

and you didn't comment that

Advertisement