Suggestions > Promotion and demotion new scheme

Promotion and demotion new scheme

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
212505.13 in reply to 212505.6
Date: 3/12/2012 3:31:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Users are just pilling up more and more assets (money, roster value, arena size, etc.) as the seasons go by.

wrong
here is a simple example from my league
this is just 1 team in my league & just this year

bla bla nonsense etc

is that really piling up more assets?
I'm about to make a fund raising for you and all the div-1 teams.
Who are you trying to lie and fool?
I found that user, and "amazingly" he is placed 7th at that conference.

Because you've brang other users example, now we will look at yours;
Here are the last four players you sold, and the price they had been bought by:
Darius Black Sold Unbelievable Magic 2/13/2012 $ 383 200
Ryan Brown Sold TORRAOS 2/13/2012 $ 500 000
Barlas Karahan Sold silver ducks 2/13/2012 $ 600 000
Matt Gade Hastrup Sold Caraman BC 2/8/2012 $ 150 000

The first two are draftees - a plain clean profit of 883K.

The third:
Barlas Karahan Bought FC Buraking 12/17/2009 $ 190 700 [400K profit]

The forth:
Matt Gade Hastrup Bought TÄNA! 10/29/2011 $ 250 000 [100K loss]

So, on those last transaction you've earned 1,180,000$.
This does not count the revenue you get due to the Arena, etc.
Piling up indeed.

Last edited by Pini פיני at 3/12/2012 3:33:59 PM

Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
212505.16 in reply to 212505.8
Date: 3/12/2012 3:54:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hence, I suggest that on each end of season all of the leagues on the same division will be ordered from scratch.
The teams will be ordered upon assets value estimation.
Those that are ordered 1-16 will assemble league X.1, those ordered 17-32 will assemble league X.2, and so on.

Seems terrible.

Let's say you play in III.16 (which you actually do, but let's say you continue to play there after such a reordering) and you then win the league and promote. You would thus promote ahead of 225 teams (16*16-16-15) that we can expect, by your judgement actually, to be better teams than yours. Does not seem fair, and this can't really be considered merely good luck, can it? In the current system, this can't happen systematically or in practice at all. (Apart from the lowest-league-level issue discussed somewhere in the depths of thread (206866.1) where something similar is possible in very unlucky cases.)
I'm not sure I'm following what you are saying.
There are 16 teams from DIV-III that will be promoted.
Some of them will not be the best on that division. This is the base of that.

Users that are demoted should pay for being demoted (so they will stop tanking), and what is more important, the leagues needs balance. That is not achieved by current system.

An additional reason is the JBBL league for example (again, thanks to Wolph who assisted me bringing up this suggestion).
Users who joins a leauge with such a big "wall" (due to the assets pilling up each season that pass by), will leave.
This is the main reason that the BB-community is just stuck at 50K for far too long.

After you promote to II division, you are thus most likely to be placed in II.4 (along with many of the other newly promoted teams). You are a likely underdog (given your previous judgement) and may end up demoting, but let's say you overcome the difficulties and go on to promote again. These things happen due to manager's skill, short-term strategies, and pure luck. I have no doubt you excel in all three. You thus promote ahead of 45 teams that, again by your judgement, should be better than yours. At this very same moment, there are still a bunch of teams in division III (probably about 200 of them) that we can expect, by your very own judgement, to be better than yours. Some of them promote, many even demote to division IV.
All that is plain better than just having tankers going back and forth to their higher division, and pilling more money while causing the user that seeing that to find the game incompetitive and leave the game.
This is the reason that the BB-community just does not grow.

Again;
A user who is tanking should pay for that, or understand the grave consicouences.
A user that see each season teams that he could never beat (and due to that the other team is much longer than him on the game) being demoted to his league just to be re-promoted on the following season, will just leave the game.
Not really the founders wish...[But does the current situation]

Message deleted
This Post:
212505.18 in reply to 212505.11
Date: 3/12/2012 4:00:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How about we simply make completely random divisions and conferences every season and the winner of each "league" will win a ... cup?

[As ususal]No connection between your claim and the suggestion.
A cup is a system where each step is decided in a single game.
A league is a structure that the winner (to the playoff round) is decided by having all teams playing (optimally) one another (Away and Home).
Now that you know the difference between Cup and League you can discuss more complex things...

This Post:
212505.21 in reply to 212505.19
Date: 3/12/2012 4:34:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the real world, there are no tankers.

As far as i have noticed you seem to have a good knowledge about the NBA, and if that is true you should know that this statement is so VOID it is not even funny. Even i know that tanking was invented by NBA teams.
OK, let me rephrase that for you.
In the NBA ther tanking cases are much more rare, and they are being executed only later at the season.
Fans of a tanking team know that, and hence they will see very few fans (much less than what they see here) during that period.

I see a rather unfair situation in your suggestion where a team is trying hard to promote and is beaten in the finals by another team due to unlucky circumstances(injury or some thing like that). When the season is over he will probably be seen as a stronger team and probably would be moved to the next league and would there be on the bottom of this new league instead of at the top of his old. Seems rather unfair to me.
It is much more fair than the scenarion I've brang that currently causing users to quit the game.

In your scenario he will be in a league that suites his team (assets).
He will not have a clear walk on that next season, and on the other hand, he will not get a "wall" on that sequenced season (what very likely today).

If were looking at what does or does no happen IRL we can also see that team does not have Enthusiasm level that change depending on how hard you try.
IRL one can chose to try to win all games as players dont lose GS depending on how much they play. Try that here and see how well it works.
Not relevant, but what is not less important not true.

I do however agree that after saving up a certain amount of money the fans should start to be annoyed at you and demand better performance (One needs to be able to save some though as it is impossible to grow without any money at all).
The exact definition for that had not been defined here, and basically not relevant to the suggesion as well.

It is placed in the Fan Survey here: "The team manager is working hard to improve the team"(And before you start to jump at me about being a tanker or something like that i have to admit i have had 4-5 balls in that one for 3 seasons now and at the same time in the familiar with star players section.).
This part fluctuates a bit to fast if you dont do anything and does not strike as hard as it should if you wait a lot longer then that.
Not sure what this point is about...

I do however also think that fans should be mad at you if you without thinking spend up all of the teams funds as you have no room for error then.
Fans doesn't really care about that.
This will affect their survey when you will start losing games due to this loss of money...

This Post:
212505.23 in reply to 212505.22
Date: 3/12/2012 5:46:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tanking probably occurs more i the NBA then in any other league in the world so i still see that as the main part here.
Not relevant as it does not prove something about the suggestion.
The reason of some tanking on the NBA, where in the other leagues is almost non-existent is that their league is closed, and there is the "draft-thing".
Still, the amount are much minor than in this game.

I have also written in posts to you and others that i believe that tankers that do lose and forfeit games on purpose should be more punished then they are now.
OK. Relevance?

About the team that moves from lest say D II.4 to D II.3 after being beaten in the finals i still cant see how it should be more unfair in that example. And teams that do promote to the highest league will be of very different quality. Some will just end up losing every game due to being promoted from a lot worse league. If unlucky a team that follows the example i listed could be stuck in say D II for an extremely long time. And even though he got the team that probably would have given him the promotion he just got unlucky and has no chance of promotion the next season, and may even face the fear of demotion even though having a good team.
All leagues on each division (except the first division), will be with a fair chance to each team on them to promote, as the assets of all will be fairly close due to this suggestion.

You can't deny that each season a team is pilling more assets, and hence the longer you play the "better" you'll be (when comparing user with the same BB-managing skills).
A user who will face this wall will leave, in the end.
This is why this community just does not grow.
A user who struggle on a balanced division will stay much longer - the game is interesting when the matches are good.
This user will have a fair chance to promote and upon his skills as a BB-manager and not upon his "how much time are you in this game" "abilities", as currently is.

It is placed in the Fan Survey here: "The team manager is working hard to improve the team"(And before you start to jump at me about being a tanker or something like that i have to admit i have had 4-5 balls in that one for 3 seasons now and at the same time in the familiar with star players section.).
This part fluctuates a bit to fast if you dont do anything and does not strike as hard as it should if you wait a lot longer then that.
This is about the part you think is so wrong in this game. That teams are able to save up money. If you only save and dont spend this section in the fan survey will go down. It will however not affect your team that much, and you probably wont even notice anything about this being low.
This could strike harder if you really save for a long time in my opinion. But if you as me that have had it real high for the past 2-3 seasons due to that i have built my arena a lot if i just stopped for a short while and did not build it would be down at 3 again after just a couple of weeks. So both ends of this should need fixing.
Sorry, but I still not sure what the point is about.
Investing on arena is investing. The fans can appreciate it (to some degree).

And by the way, who decides what is and is not relevant in a discussion?
When one is discussing apples, and the other speaks about constructing a house, it is irrelevant.

If your comparing RL and BB you need to look at more then just one thing. How is the structure built? How do you earn money? What effect will not winning games have? and so on, and so on....
This is a programed game built up on if's. And if you figure out what those if's mean and you do what is best for your team within those if's your just doing your job the best you can as a manager of your BB team.
So let's replace it to spider solitaire, and call it BB-managing game.
This game is trying to simulate BB-managing.
It should be as close to that as possible.
It is not a "F16-simul

Advertisement