This Post:
284646.14 in reply to 284646.13
Date: 2/1/2017 2:50:30 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
You have made a puzzle with what I have said. The goal is to put them back in the good sequence? :p

In any order they were contradictory.

The economy here can never regulate itself so that remark is irrelevant.

Can you explain?

Some things I find self explanatory. Even with almost 20,00 teams the economy is still not large enough to regulate itself. Each variable (on both demand side and supply) is therefore magnified in effect. As such regulation is of either demand or supply, depending on which is causing imbalance, is necessary.

This Post:
284646.16 in reply to 284646.11
Date: 2/1/2017 10:58:46 PM
Delaware 87ers
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your position. Reacting too quickly can cause unforseen issues.

However, think about this. If some users did decide to train more when inflation hit the market, what is their incentive to sell those trainees and, theoretically, drive prices down?

For example, I'm training two yiung inside playerson my Utopia team. I've spent several seasons training outside skill (OD, HN, DR, PA) to the 10-14 range. Inside skills are now around 10-12 and rising. They are 3-4 seasons from being finished.

What is my incentive to put them on the market? There are no comparable players to replace them. The cash I'd get for them wouldn't help win more games by itself.

My point is this. If users decided to train more when prices went up, it wasn't to increase the quality of players on the market. It was mainly to create players for themselves that were either unavailable or unaffordable otherwise.

The problem is, that still doesn't fix the inflation issues because even the best trainers in the game will only be able to get 3 players per training cycle to full potential.

All the changes made to free agents and the economy to remove money won't matter unless more players hit the market and the current training system can't fill that gap quick enough. Too many high TSP players were removed from the game while the number of users in the game dropped. Add that number of players back in the market and inflation would drop

Personally I think the rate each skill trains at is perfect. What needs to happen is to increase the number of players trained per team. The simplest way would be to allow teams to hire another trainer position and train more players, at the current skill training speeds, each season.

This Post:
284646.18 in reply to 284646.11
Date: 2/2/2017 9:53:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm afraid that, if Marin makes (again) some changes under the popular pressure, the consequence will be to have a too low market in the futur, when it should be regulated by itself. High prices means demand too high compared to the offer => reaction of the market => increasing of the players trained => offer increases and demand decreases => prices decreases. The opposite happened when the market was low so the prices have increased and Marin has also made some changes like removing FA => too big increasing.

No economy in the world is 'self regulating'. Governments all over the world introduce policy regularly to stabilize their currency. No economy has ever remained stable without adapting to its environment and no economy has been stabilized by waiting for the world to change to suit it.

The reason bb is so unstable is because the powers to be are scared to go too far the other way. I see the logic in not wanting to go too far, but that is better than continuously heading the same path and getting even further from equilibrium. Making small changes as have been done in the last 4-5 seasons have not slowed down inflation, let alone restore balance. Sometimes you have to break something to put it back together again.