This Post:
294109.13 in reply to 294109.10
Date: 5/10/2018 8:39:25 AM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Some of them have 8 stamina, that's not high for you?
As I said I'm a NT coach like 16 seasons, you think my players there got low stamina?

You just repeat that ST affects GS, yes, but in what way? Your player can play few minutes more to still stay in this "ideal circle" of minutes.

Maybe I'm wrong, that's my opinion, but when someone say to me that ideal numbers are between 1 and 5 (include those), I will tell him that those numbers are 1,2,3,4 and 5, you don't?
The same thing is with the ideal numbers between 48 and 75.

Would love if a BB or EGM could tell us more about this.

You give me this post of Marin:
Game shape depends marginally on stamina too, so high stamina players can actually have high minutes and keep a high game shape continually. Massage specialty also helps. Actually, I can't say what is the ideal minute distribution would be (as I would be revealing too much) but 75 isn't it.
Take a look at the bold part. That's how stamina effects GS.
He also say that he don't want to tell us the ideal minutes, so we can't know, we can just guess if 56 is better then 48, is 70 better then 65 and etc...

I'm not telling that my opinion is the right, it's just opinion, and no one of us don't know how exactly GS works and what is "ideal".

Regards mate.

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
294109.14 in reply to 294109.13
Date: 5/10/2018 9:09:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
lol ok, bye. Everyone reading this thread hopefully has the correct understanding now with Marin's 2 posts, Nachtmahr's post and all the others included in that thread.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/10/2018 9:11:30 AM

This Post:
294109.15 in reply to 294109.13
Date: 5/10/2018 1:35:58 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Hey Leonidas.

The question with the GS interested me too. So in 2010 (yeah, long ago) I started to check the minutes and game shape of different teams and players. What I did (until 2012), was writing down the minutes per week and the development of the game shape.

Some of the results:
- holding a player to 48 minutes per week, almost guarantees you GS 8.
- there is still a variable, which can influence the GS to 7 or 9
- but for for more than 85% of the time, you will end up with GS 8
- between 48 and 61 minutes per week, the possibility of GS 9 rises
- a player with constant 61 minutes per week has the highest probability to have GS 9
- JosephKA came to the result (his own analysis, completely independent from mine) that 60.7 minutes per week have the highest success rate for GS 9
- there is no guarantee for GS 9, even with the 61 minutes!
- between 61 and 75 minutes, the probability decreases, but there is still a great chance for GS 9

What the analysis showed, is the same thing you are saying. Keep your player between 48 and 75 minutes and you will end up with GS 8 or 9 (almost every time). Because of the unknown variable in the GS formula, there is still a possibility for GS 7. But it's small.

If I had to guess how the GS formula looks like, I would go with something like this:

(Minutes Week 1 x weighting factor a + Minutes Week 2 x weighting factor b + ... + Minutes Week N x weighting factor for week N) x random variable = GS

The GS would be calculated as a result of several weeks (we don't know how many) and a weighted factor for every week. The older weeks would get a weaker factor, the newer weeks a stronger one. And all of this is influenced by a random variable which can improve or decrease your GS. But this is just MY OPINION and not a fact or anything like that.

With the change of Stamina and the influence on the GS, I have no clue what this means to the results.

It could mean, that a ST 9 player can play 90 minutes per week and have the same probability for GS 9 like a ST 5 with 70 minutes. Or something completely different.

Like almost everything in BB, this is all on a speculation level. We have no hard facts from the BBs and we can only guess and try to come as close as possible to the truth.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 5/10/2018 1:36:43 PM

This Post:
294109.16 in reply to 294109.15
Date: 5/10/2018 5:28:58 PM
Spartan 300
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Spartan Kids
Hello mate!
Thx for your reply, it's always interesting to hear other opinions or a research like yours.

That GS was always mysterious and I would love to hear more from BB-s.. but they don't talk much about it, just mention that range between 48 and 75... in the end, we all try to stay in that range and hope for a good GS

Best regards

This is where we hold them!
This Post:
294109.18 in reply to 294109.17
Date: 5/14/2018 7:51:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can scrap that. It's anecdotal evidence and it appears my current trainees have not followed that pattern necessarily.

That previous weeks or the current GS level (ie. lower GS requires progressively less optimal minutes to go up) has an impact is almost guaranteed. The strongest evidence are players who have 0>0>20 and they usually go up in GS. None of those minutes are anywhere near optimal. In the past I've seen even things like this (although that was only 2 weeks):
http://tinypic.com/r/2cf9ova/8

Last edited by Lemonshine at 5/14/2018 7:55:02 AM