Help - English > training questions

training questions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
37195.13 in reply to 37195.12
Date: 6/28/2008 8:21:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would say in your position (just started) and with the training speed slowly reducing from its highs of 6 months ago... you should only train 3 players...

By trying to train 5 or more you are essentially creating players that wont stand out or win games for you at any level anytime soon. I would opt to create 2 king ding a ling PG's and slowly as you win games you will then only have to buy big men.....you have 7 weeks til the draft as someone pointed out... trim your roster down to 10-11 players... train your 2 best players and then a 3rd in scrimmage (or any combo) this I promise you will stand you in better stead than juggling 5 mediocre trainees....

sorry - so this means training PG only choices.... I would hammer OD up to Prof/Prominent and then Passing to the same or vice versa.... as you improve your squad then add One to One (cos you need 6 trainees for this) which will quickly help driving/handling up (as well as improving newer longer term players that you add.

In simple terms bin everyone in your mind bar the 3 players you want to build a squad around.. ideally go for as much potential as possible....

The guy i bought my best player from does this......... he makes much more than an average trainer does...... if i was in your shoes he would be someone I would follow.

Last edited by Superfly Guy at 6/28/2008 8:24:27 AM

This Post:
37195.14 in reply to 37195.13
Date: 6/29/2008 6:59:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ok, thanks for all the tips everyone.

I'm pretty set on training 5+1 players I think, as I want lots of pops, and will start focusing slightly more on handling / passing / outside def, rather than scoring skills in the short term.

Ithe draft is an interesting point. I'd been thinking in terms of expecting 1 top quality trainee from the draft, with another 1 or 2 guys who I'd aim to sell.

However, it makes sense that there is a bit of a glut of players on the market for a few weeks afterwards, so maybe extra trainees could be the way to go...

In the longer term, I'm definitely thinking of training to keep at least some of my players, as it seems that that's a valid strategy over here.

This Post:
37195.15 in reply to 37195.13
Date: 6/29/2008 7:37:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
" I would hammer OD up to Prof/Prominent and then Passing to the same or vice versa...."

I know that skills train better in combinations than individually, such as rebounding/inside D/inside S, so would it be better to train other skills along with OD to train efficiently? Is the difference in training speed negligible? What skills combo with OD? JS + JR?

Training is awfully complex