Suggestions > Rename Crunch Time and normal during PlayOffs

Rename Crunch Time and normal during PlayOffs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38954.13 in reply to 38954.12
Date: 7/29/2008 3:09:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That sounds like a feasible solution to me. It might be better to illustrate with an arrow if enthusiasm is projected to go up, down or stay the same. I am not sure about this though.

Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions for better naming. Basically I think that the playoff works well to illustrate the problems with enthusiasm and that a more thourough change that a change of name is needed (which would be just curating the symptoms). I have some idea about how this could be improved in the future, however the idea is a little bit to fuzzy right now to be presentable.

This Post:
38954.15 in reply to 38954.11
Date: 7/29/2008 12:55:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe a revision of the entire naming could be a good option. It might be confusing now, but in the long run it might be intresting.

There'd be 5 levels:

take it easy : no need to win, relaxed kind of game / effect= performance lower then normal, enthousiasm up! / (now also known as take it easy) / - only possible in league games or regular cup games.

try to relax : take it easy, but try to win the game / effect= performance as normal, but enthousiasm up / (now known as play-offs normal) / - only possible in PO and Cup (quarter/semi-) finals.

normal : regular gameplay / effect = no impact on enthousiasm, normal performance. / (now known as normal) / - only possible in league games or regular cup games.

extra effort: try to win this game, but stay positive / effect= extra performance during game, no impact on enthousiasm / (now known as play-off crunch time) / - only possible in PO and Cup (quarter/semi-) finals

crunch time: try to win at all costs / effect= extra effort during game, enthousiasm drop / (now known as crunch time) / - - only possible in league games or regular cup games.

As you noticed it actually doesn't change much to the current system, it only integrates all five possible types in 1 whole, and limits the choices depending on the game. The names stay the same for league games, so that won't be comfusing right now, and it also suggests 2 names for the play-off types of matches.

Indeed it DOES NOT indicate what happens to enthousiasm or performance if you choose it (but without reading the rules who can honestly say he knows what effects crunch time or TIE would have?) , and as you said it will be very difficult to find something like it, but by putting it into a row of choices, one can see the effects shifting from low performance + enthousiasm raise to high performance + enthousiasm drop, which might make each type a little less surprising.
Besides the 2 names for play-offs do not have crunch or normal in them, so they can't be mixed up with the regular normal and crunch.

It's the best I can come up with right now.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Lord of Doom at 7/29/2008 12:56:18 PM

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38954.16 in reply to 38954.15
Date: 7/29/2008 1:16:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the idea. I think this would be better then todays naming.

This Post:
38954.17 in reply to 38954.16
Date: 7/29/2008 2:50:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A simple footnote next to the option would do. Or a footnote with a link to the rules.

This Post:
38954.18 in reply to 38954.17
Date: 7/29/2008 4:16:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
true, but placing footnotes everywhere tend to explain a lot of things to players, but also clutters a lot.

I hate M:tG cards for example ever since they have those (italic explaining text) everywhere nowadays. If I want to know what an ability does I simply print a list of the ones I don't know from mind and always can look it up. Easy is not always best. Too much clutter is not attractive.
I think there is more then enough 'explaining' texts in this site on the player's pages.

In short: I dislike footnotes, unless they are realy helpfull and do not clutter the page (for instance a page that does not hold much characters and other stuff, which is not the case with the rosterpage for the games)

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
38954.19 in reply to 38954.15
Date: 7/29/2008 4:58:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i like the names, could be a fine possibility for the next Season. With PO-Normal and CT there will be confused mangers or insecure manager every season, with the other names there is a bit more distance betwenn the CT and PlayOff Ct

This Post:
38954.20 in reply to 38954.18
Date: 7/29/2008 5:30:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just on the side of dropbox shouldn't clutter the page too much. I mean we already have a 6 line warning when you transfer a player. 2 lines wouldn't be too much to ask.

This Post:
38954.21 in reply to 38954.20
Date: 7/29/2008 8:50:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just on the side of dropbox shouldn't clutter the page too much. I mean we already have a 6 line warning when you transfer a player. 2 lines wouldn't be too much to ask.

You mean we can sell players again now!!

That gives me a sneaky idea.........lets bring back good old Day Trading!! I must have at least 14 trades in the tank for this coming season!!!!

(goes to scout the TL!!)

GM-LordofDoom - Nice post but I think again uneccessary - either LA's havent made it concise enough for their countries users or people are making a mountain out of a molehill with the interpretation....

This Post:
38954.22 in reply to 38954.21
Date: 7/30/2008 2:46:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
our LA just wait till the gloabal change it too, because else it was more confusing ;)

This Post:
38954.23 in reply to 38954.21
Date: 7/30/2008 1:09:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

GM-LordofDoom - Nice post but I think again uneccessary - either LA's havent made it concise enough for their countries users or people are making a mountain out of a molehill with the interpretation....

well, BB-Mark asked for it. ;þ