BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic

Ask the BBs - Season 22 Feedback topic (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
232173.133 in reply to 232173.132
Date: 02/19/2013 07:22:57
TrenseRI
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
Everyone, again I apologize if I skip a question/issue that was mentioned, but I'll try to answer at least some of them.

In regards the offseason changes, I must stress (like Charles did in his time) that the short term offseason income is only a part of the picture. The top league winners get to compete in B3, and get a minimum of 8 games to earn more possible income from. Also, the effect on team fans is something that affects the team income in the long run and while it's not exactly readily visible to managers, it affects team economy and we have to take it into account when balancing the economy. All that being said, the game economy is an ever changing thing and we try to keep up. This also means that the current solution may not be perfect but we're trying to get as close as we can. I believe the changes won't stop here and that we'll modify the offseason income even more next season.

A mobile version of the site without a matchviewer doesn't help much, it would just help mobile users that have limits on their data plans and users with older cellphones. Smartphone users can already browse normal sites very easily and internet access (as well as bandwidth) is becoming cheaper and cheaper every day. The trend is that this will become an even smaller issue in the future therefore it would be foolish to devote resources to such a project which could then be deemed almost unnecessary once done. A matchviewer coded in something other than Flash is what's the most preferred solution, as I see it, but as I've already explained, it's not very likely in the short term, but we'll definitely try to find a way in the long run. A BBAPI based solution is something to think about too.

Currently, we're not planning on any changes in the salary formula, but after we implement the Shot Blocking/Look Inside changes, we'll re-evaluate the situation and one of the likely next steps could be a change in it (of course, regarding Shot Blocking and maybe even Jump Range).

That's all for now, good luck in the playoffs everyone!

This Post:
232173.134 in reply to 232173.1
Date: 02/19/2013 10:10:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps my statement will be very radical, but the last few seasons interest of BB decreased for me a lot. i think, the main reason is that many team managers only want to win and for couple of last season weeks and PO buys almost a new team, where almost everyone player is "pensioner" (33 years and older) with huge salaries. This subtracting fun to play and compete on other teams that are still willing to exercise, train new stars an so on.
You need to look here for solutions to be considered:
- maybe like in NBA to enter salary cap for each league;
- maybe specify the permissible procurement team players, for instance., 5 purchases before the All-Stars match and another 5 after the All-Star game (second half of season)
- or something like that, because of the interest of BB disappears ...

This Post:
232173.136 in reply to 232173.135
Date: 02/19/2013 11:52:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe adding a skill to the players with a percentage like in the tranfers. That skill increases as the player remains on the team. For example recently adquired players plays at 80% of the capacity and in one season reaches 100%.

This Post:
232173.137 in reply to 232173.133
Date: 02/19/2013 17:30:57
Overall Posts Rated:
will the shot blocking / look inside change be implemented first in Scrimmages and private leagues? to make sure it is bug free and to give teams a look of what to expect.

This Post:
232173.138 in reply to 232173.133
Date: 02/19/2013 20:32:58
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Currently, we're not planning on any changes in the salary formula, but after we implement the Shot Blocking/Look Inside changes, we'll re-evaluate the situation and one of the likely next steps could be a change in it (of course, regarding Shot Blocking and maybe even Jump Range).

Thanks Marin....keep up the good work!!!

This Post:
232173.139 in reply to 232173.133
Date: 02/20/2013 02:20:25
Overall Posts Rated:

I thought this day would never come...I have to alter my training plans now, but it doesn't matter as the future looks bright.

This Post:
232173.140 in reply to 232173.136
Date: 02/20/2013 07:15:05
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks a lot like the suggestions for team chemistry affecting team performance.

This Post:
232173.141 in reply to 232173.140
Date: 02/21/2013 01:18:00
Overall Posts Rated:
To echo what a couple of others have said, I think moving the trading deadline up two weeks would be a great idea so that teams can't just rent players for the playoffs in the last week of the regular season.

I wish there were pigmen. You get a few of these pigmen walking around I'm looking a whole lot better. Then if somebody wants to fix me up at least they could say, Hey he's no pig-man!
This Post:
232173.142 in reply to 232173.141
Date: 02/21/2013 22:38:46
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I agree

right now it's total nonsense, the day before the deadline everyone knows what position they're in. If they're in relegation spot they're always loading it up so that they can stay. If you a playoff team you loading up for finals. It's ridiculous. The game isn't really that fun if you know your position and making moves to fight the bad thing to happen. Raising it 2 weeks would take prediction and already cash to keep the player. So if you're in a relegation spot you don't really know if you can catch 5th. You don't really know if you can catch the playoff spot with your roster. It takes enthusiasm and GS to prove that.

this stocking up the money before playofs is still bad. I think if it gets pushed 2 weeks earlier more people would be involved with the game.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
232173.143 in reply to 232173.142
Date: 02/21/2013 23:06:05
Overall Posts Rated:
In all of my time here, I have yet to see a relegating playoff time "load up". Me thinks you are exaggerating a wee bit.

I looked at 3 leagues, yours, mine, and D.III.13, only 1 team in relegation bought players near the deadline. That was in your league. I hope this is not a news flash, but they were not going to lose that series anyway. Plus the 2 players they bought were hardly "loading up". I'm not saying it doesn't happen, however you make it seem like everyone is doing it. interestingly you would think teams in D.III would do it more since the revenue is drastically better then in D.IV.

Advertisement